Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Hey all, quiet in here so I'm assuming everyone is out on dates :) having a quiet night in so decided so sign up to pof and tinder so it's not a completely wasted night...now just to see how long I last!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Does anyone else find that Tinder crashes constantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Hey all, quiet in here so I'm assuming everyone is out on dates :) having a quiet night in so decided so sign up to pof and tinder so it's not a completely wasted night...now just to see how long I last!

No date here, sadly. I do have study, however. That's how boring my Saturday nights have been of late. Well. . .for now anyway :rolleyes:

kylith wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that Tinder crashes constantly?

Yup I had that issue before, crashed in the middle of typing a message and having to start again etc. Fairly annoying.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    No date here, sadly. I do have study, however. That's how boring my Saturday nights have been of late. Well. . .for now anyway :rolleyes:

Accounting exams isn't it Trebor? I think I remember that from the old dating thread from a while back. Ya will be grand anyway. Good to get a break from the dating scene for a few weeks and then back with a bang

• Advertisement

Accounting exams isn't it Trebor? I think I remember that from the old dating thread from a while back. Ya will be grand anyway. Good to get a break from the dating scene for a few weeks and then back with a bang

That's right. You have a good memory there :) Yes, they should be ok, and thank you :) Well, my second (and last date) was back in early March, and it was with the first girl that I actually got as far as dating from online. But, I know what not to do in future, my options are open, and I will do more to meet someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

That's right. You have a good memory there :) Yes, they should be ok, and thank you :) Well, my second (and last date) was back in early March, and it was with the first girl that I actually got as far as dating from online. But, I know what not to do in future, my options are open, and I will do more to meet someone :)

Good luck with your exams! I have one on Monday. :confused:

Not out with himself tonight - been studying like Trebor too. I usually spend the weekends in my boyfriends but I really had to focus on studying.

Good luck with Tinder and POF football friend, let us know how you get on. :D

Good luck with your exams! I have one on Monday. :confused:

Not out with himself tonight - been studying like Trebor too. I usually spend the weekends in my boyfriends but I really had to focus on studying.

Good luck with Tinder and POF football friend, let us know how you get on. :D

Thanks for that :) Good luck with your exam Apple. What are you studying again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Best of luck with the exam trebor. :)

La.de.da wrote: »
    Best of luck with the exam trebor. :)

Thank you :) Roll on Thursday afternoon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

The thing about age is, if you're a guy, you need to be somewhat wary when approaching girls depending on how old you are. If you're under 25 then anyone you approach on a night out is more than likely ok unless you're in a kiddies disco. Sometimes I'd see an attractive girl and I'd start walking over to her and then I'd be like "Whoa hold on... she looks a bit young." Sometimes I have to remind myself I'm not in my 20's anymore. I have been told I look very young for my age though.

Whats wrong with approaching a girl over 18 if she's a bit younger than you? Probably higher chance you'll get rejected but plenty of girls into older men, why not go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I went out for a late drink. I shared my bottle of beer with the barmaid, who said "All men are pigs." I agreed. Her boyfriend, the bar owner, hit me up with some rum. Then she high fived me for me agreeing that all men are pigs. Then I got more rum.

So I'm giving up on this whole dating business and either getting adopted by these two or marrying a bottle of rum. I'm easy with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

wakka12 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with approaching a girl over 18 if she's a bit younger than you? Probably higher chance you'll get rejected but plenty of girls into older men, why not go for it

There's nothing wrong with it but I'm 33 now and am probably a bit old to be going after 18 year olds. Although sometimes its hard to tell as girls can look a lot younger than they actually are, but there are certain places like Coppers for example that I'd avoid because it caters to a younger crowd. But yeah I suppose there's nothing to lose. If I've had a few drinks I don't think about it as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I went out for a late drink. I shared my bottle of beer with the barmaid, who said "All men are pigs." I agreed. Her boyfriend, the bar owner, hit me up with some rum. Then she high fived me for me agreeing that all men are pigs. Then I got more rum.

So I'm giving up on this whole dating business and either getting adopted by these two or marrying a bottle of rum. I'm easy with both.

What kind of rum do you like Lyaiera? Would you consider marrying Captain Morgan?

He's got strange taste in clothes, and I wouldn't be a fan of his type of facial hair personally. But I hear he's a talented swordsman,if you know what I mean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

maudgonner wrote: »
    What kind of rum do you like Lyaiera? Would you consider marrying Captain Morgan?

He's got strange taste in clothes, and I wouldn't be a fan of his type of facial hair personally. But I hear he's a talented swordsman,if you know what I mean ;)

Totally off topic....but as a male, if any female says "I love a glass of Captain Morgan's" it turns me right off....it's Morgan ffs! Its a tiny little thing...but it sooo sodding annoys me ...rant over, soz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Thanks for that :) Good luck with your exam Apple. What are you studying again?

I'll be doing P7 Advanced Audit tomorrow. :rolleyes: Good luck with yours.

I'll be doing P7 Advanced Audit tomorrow. :rolleyes: Good luck with yours.

Thanks again, and best of luck to you tomorrow. You'll do great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Totally off topic....but as a male, if any female says "I love a glass of Captain Morgan's" it turns me right off....it's Morgan ffs! Its a tiny little thing...but it sooo sodding annoys me ...rant over, soz :)

But..He's an officer..! His rank should be acknowledged! :pac:

I'd forgive someone for quirks..that said..someone eating meanies puts me right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

Lyaiera wrote: »

Please,whatever you do,don't tell David Cameron,thanx.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I'm never gonna find a decent fella anywhere! :( ;(

• Advertisement

Why do you say that?

There are a lot of really amazing men out there. Be more positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

After yet another uneventful night out I have finally decided that online dating may well be the way to go. Some uninspired answers to generic questions and a hastily taken selfie later and I now have an account on okcupid. Given the fact that it is the wrong side of 2am, and taking into account the effects of a not insubstantial quantity of alcohol on my decision making abilities, this may not be a recipe for success, I am nonetheless strangely optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So am off the market!

My ex and I have decided to give it another go. He is a truly wonderful guy. We had stayed friends for the past few years even going to California and Vegas together.

There are still some unresolved issues so we will see what happens but when he kissed me after dropping me home 10 mins ago my heart was all a flutter so I know it isn't just the alcohol that made the decision.

*does a happy dance*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I managed to reach the end of Tinder yesterday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sozbox wrote: »

That's the beginning

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

sozbox wrote: »

Whats the end boss like?

Tinder is very confusing. It can say "nobody new is near you", but if you leave it like that for a second, it brings up a lot more matches.

Plus you swipe within 10km and get nothing, but change to 160km, or whatever the max is, and match with someone that is within 5km of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    Whats the end boss like?
    Tinder is very confusing. It can say "nobody new is near you", but if you leave it like that for a second, it brings up a lot more matches.

Plus you swipe within 10km and get nothing, but change to 160km, or whatever the max is, and match with someone that is within 5km of you.

The end boss is a picture of yourself...terrifying! :D

I'd gone through hundred of profiles in the last week so it was showing me people, it just ran out of them, my net is 80km.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    After yet another uneventful night out I have finally decided that online dating may well be the way to go.

I had a good night out last night in Temple Bar but jasus its hard to talk to people with the noise. Between that and people glued to their phones, I think online is the way to go alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement