Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I have always thought ye 2 were Twinnies! :D:):D Ye come across so alike! :)
    Today is day one of your new relationship! :D
    No silly! With me!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So my current experience of one OD website stands at 118 different ladies have "viewed" out of which, 100% have decided they'd rather not message.

So, optimistic on view count or pessimistic on contact, which approach should I take?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Contributor 2013

So my current experience of one OD website stands at 118 different ladies have "viewed" out of which, 100% have decided they'd rather not message.

So, optimistic on view count or pessimistic on contact, which approach should I take?

...Go to Copperface Jacks in Dublin.

I would love to go to Coppers for a nosey if I can find someone to come with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Contributor 2013

I would love to go to Coppers for a nosey if I can find someone to come with me!

Not volunteering, offering friendly advice ;)

• Advertisement

...Go to Copperface Jacks in Dublin.

Not interested in a hangover and a sweaty shift, kind of moved on from that 10 years ago.

Not interested in a hangover and a sweaty shift, kind of moved on from that 10 years ago.

Oh shtap. Memories of Saturday night.

And I'm an auld wan! :p

Oh shtap. Memories of Saturday night.

Congratulations. :)

Not volunteering, offering friendly advice ;)

Good job I wasn't requesting your volunteering services then isn't it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

On the whole judging thing: It's not merely judging people that is the problem - if someone is an asshole, treats others badly, or similar stuff, then there is a very good reason to judge that person - the problem with judging, is when people are judged for things which are either petty/inconsequential, or which the person hasn't got control over and can't do anything about (but, there is some leeway here, as attraction can depend on things, that the other person has no control over - even if a lot of it is still a conscious choice).

People should be judged for bad behaviour and objectively bad traits (which is a much smaller list than people assume) - usually when people complain about judgemental behaviour, what they are complaining about, is judgement that is taken way further towards petty/inconsequential/unfair-(lack of control) things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

So what's the longest relationship you guys have been in?
    3 years.

From age 16-26 I was in relationships. The last two years I've been single... making up for lost time I suppose and truth be told, not finished yet. Looking back, I don't think i had the confidence to just be single, that I felt I had to have a gf by my side to battle some insecurity. Now I'm relatively happy and confident to be single... though could do with a beure to bring to weddings :pac:

A selection from yesterday's intake.

Hello again beautiful creature.
    Let's chat ;)
    Enjoying your day?
    Hello Irish lady!
    Why u nt wanna talk to me?
    Hi.
    Hey.
    Wanna chat xx

Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Let's chat ;)
    Enjoying your day?
    Hello Irish lady!
    Hi.
    Hey.
    Wanna chat xx

Sigh.

And they say the art of conversation is dead!

Winterlong wrote: »
    And they say the art of conversation is dead!

It will be another week before I check in on it I think. Then again with that standard I might not be able to contain myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Let's chat ;)
    Enjoying your day?
    Hello Irish lady!
    Hi.
    Hey.
    Wanna chat xx

Sigh.
    Bar no.1 and 4 that could have been taken from my tinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

I got one on tinder today...you look like someone who has nice tits. Do you?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

KikiDee wrote:
    I got one on tinder today...you look like someone who has nice tits. Do you?

You should tell him they are not as big as his !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Let's chat ;)
    Enjoying your day?
    Hello Irish lady!
    Hi.
    Hey.
    Wanna chat xx

Sigh.

Wow.

What's the best first message anyone's received?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Although I make the effort to write a few lines highlighting things from her profile, asking one or two questions, etc. it rarely generates a reply. However, if anyone messages me (on the rare occasion), I'm either not interested, or the messages are just "hi," or "hi, how are you?" If I was interested enough, perhaps I'd answer. Sometimes they might not even view the profile, but will just message anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

You should tell him they are not as big as his !

As big as his tits or the tit that he is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

This got me thinking. Would any of you guys go out alone and try to meet someone? Would you be a bit put off by someone approaching you in this manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

This got me thinking. Would any of you guys go out alone and try to meet someone? Would you be a bit put off by someone approaching you in this manner?

Personally, I couldn't do such a thing on my own. I'd be lost, if I was on my own. It's always best to do nights out with a friend or as a group. Not alone, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

sozbox wrote: »

"Cute dog ;)"

I didn't have a picture of a dog on my profile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Nice dog, he's the image of ya NC :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Yeah I've gone out on my own loads of times, and I am not ashamed to admit it's strictly been to pull. If I'm in the mood I'm in the mood and a lack of a friend who's available to go out with me isn't going to stop what I want at that time.

It's kind of like going on a holiday on your own, it's scary even thinking about it at first, you feel like you'll stand out,, you feel like "I'm a loner" but in reality people don't give a sh*t if you don't give a sh*t and it's just you, you are free to do what you want and once you do it once you'll want to do it again and again.

Wow.

"I never message guys first ever. Your move ______ *winky face*."

This was followed by another message about an hour later, I still hadn't even seen the first message mind you.

"Don't play hard to get it kills me. What are you doing tonight?"

If only all women were so confidently up front :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    "I never message guys first ever. Your move ______ *winky face*."

This was followed by another message about an hour later, I still hadn't even seen the first message mind you.

"Don't play hard to get it kills me. What are you doing tonight?"

If only all women were so confidently up front :pac:

Sounds persistent! Did it go anywhere? I'm afraid the best I've had was the usual
    'hi'
    'hi, how are you?'

usually from people who state in their profiles that they won't reply to those type of messages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I went out on my own once. It was cool, I wasnt afraid to approach random people because my friends weren't there so they wouldnt see if I got rejected. so i felt a lot more comfortable approaching without them around

Sounds persistent! Did it go anywhere? I'm afraid the best I've had was the usual
    'hi'
    'hi, how are you?'

usually from people who state in their profiles that they won't reply to those type of messages :D

Yeah and it felt weird to be on the opposite side of that, weird in a good and bad way.

Yeah I met up with her a few times. If my spidey senses are accurate and they usually are, she just wanted something or someone to get her mind off and over something/someone else. I've no problem being used so whatever like fair play to her :P A driven women who gets what she wants with no bullsh*t is super sexy to me.

• Advertisement

I'm listening to my dad tell a neighbour how he and my mammy met. I've heard the story before. He wrote letters which he gave to a friend who then passed them on to mam. She turned him down the first time he asked her out to a dance. Daddy was persistent. He's just come inside now to bring out their wedding photo.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement