Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

So now we may know where P's romantic streak comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Yeah I've gone out on my own loads of times, and I am not ashamed to admit it's strictly been to pull. If I'm in the mood I'm in the mood and a lack of a friend who's available to go out with me isn't going to stop what I want at that time.

It's kind of like going on a holiday on your own, it's scary even thinking about it at first, you feel like you'll stand out,, you feel like "I'm a loner" but in reality people don't give a sh*t if you don't give a sh*t and it's just you, you are free to do what you want and once you do it once you'll want to do it again and again.

Yeah I've found that to be the case too. Although if you're in a large city then you're not going to stand out as much as you would in a small town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

cantdecide wrote: »
    So now we may know where P's (romantic) STALKER streak comes from.

:):)

cantdecide wrote: »
    So now we may know where P's romantic streak comes from.

That's right. Am very proud of the pair of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

KikiDee wrote: »
    As big as his tits or the tit that he is??
    Both.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I'm listening to my dad tell a neighbour how he and my mammy met. I've heard the story before. He wrote letters which he gave to a friend who then passed them on to mam. She turned him down the first time he asked her out to a dance. Daddy was persistent. He's just come inside now to bring out their wedding photo.

:)

The same as msging the same wan online over and over and not getting replies :pac:

(Sorry!)

The same as msging the same wan online over and over and not getting replies :pac:

(Sorry!)

My mam and dad show me that real lasting love exists :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My mam and dad show me that real lasting love exists :)

Of course it does!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Matched with a guy on tinder before I temporarily took a break from it - he was persistent and so I gave him the ol' numero, then he asked for my nombre on snapchat; grand. Been snapping a bit, then he messages me going "do you have Facebook, what's your name on Facebook etc" I'm like oh fcuk here we go :pac:

Anyway we finally made the transition to whatsapp there. He's absolutely gorgeous but either we have completely different senses of humour or he's made one too many jokes about foreign women that I'm beginning to feel a little fetishised for my nationality :eek:

All in all, I'm back in the cattle market :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

PandaX9 wrote: »
    All in all, I'm back in the cattle market :D

But I thought the joke about a French lady meeting an Irish lady in a bar was hilarious..:pac:

Oh wait..This isn't IM? ..What's your facebook again? :pac:

(Sorry, couldn't help it..!)

I don't know how lads get away with being so persistent. I get the impression that if I tried it I'd be arrested..!

• Advertisement

I've been chatting a bit a guy since rejoining the dating site. Unfortunately it's all very boring.
    "Are you watching tv"
    "Are you off to bed"
    What sort of beer".

Sigh. There are so many wonderful things to talk about in this world.

I've been chatting a bit a guy since rejoining the dating site. Unfortunately it's all very boring.
    "Are you watching tv"
    "Are you off to bed"
    What sort of beer".

Then take the conversation in hand and push it on, find out if he's a boring bugger or if he's looking for a queue from you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

"Are you watching tv"
    "Are you off to bed"
    What sort of beer".

Ask to play 20 questions, always gets very interesting conversation going if you're both willing to be a bit more open with each other. Quick way to tell if he's a boring **** or not too, if he's not you'll learn a lot about each other in a short space of time and feel a lot closer

Then take the conversation in hand and push it on, find out if he's a boring bugger or if he's looking for a queue from you ;)

Oh I've tried. The response has been a smiley face or "yes I agree". Might be time to move on.
    As it happens it is often me who does take the conversation in hand. I also have no problem messaging first and doing the asking to meet up. It would be nice to meet a man who was also confident enough to move it on a bit.

Oh I've tried. The response has been a smiley face or "yes I agree". Might be time to move on.
    As it happens it is often me who does take the conversation in hand. I also have no problem messaging first and doing the asking to meet up. It would be nice to meet a man who was also confident enough to move it on a bit.

That can be a problem, unfortunately the power (in general) lies with women on dating sites and I would think that some guys believe they have to reign it in a little for fear of saying something that gets them kicked to the kerb.
    Personally, if a woman messages a guy first, it means she's at least slightly interested, so lads go for it! No point in withdrawing into the safety of your shell as a faint heart never won...etc, etc

That can be a problem, unfortunately the power (in general) lies with women on dating sites and I would think that some guys believe they have to reign it in a little for fear of saying something that gets them kicked to the kerb.
    Personally, if a woman messages a guy first, it means she's at least slightly interested, so lads go for it! No point in withdrawing into the safety of your shell as a faint heart never won...etc, etc

I can understand that. So far I've received no responses from the men I've messaged this past week but sure that's what online dating is all about, taking a chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Maybe they are just afraid of rejection too Felix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I can understand that. So far I've received no responses from the men I've messaged this past week but sure that's what online dating is all about, taking a chance :)

Do you think online dating is best suited to you persepoly?

Maybe they are just afraid of rejection too Felix.

I think that's what Felix is saying.

Do you think online dating is best suited to you persepoly?

Why do you ask jim? :)

• Advertisement

Well, in a nutshell, yes. And it's daft that they don't at least reply back.
    Worst case scenario, you're a nutter and they can block you...best case they meet someone who is worth the effort of getting to know and is actually a person they could fall for.

Personally if I was a straight man Id be a bit afraid to ask a girl out online. Girls on dating sites seem to have so many options..Id be worried Id come off as clingy or creepy and really Id just leave it up to her to ask . Only way Id know completely that she's interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Why would you say no to the nutters? They're the best.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Personally if I was a straight man Id be a bit afraid to ask a girl out online. Girls on dating sites seem to have so many options..Id be worried Id come off as clingy or creepy and really Id just leave it up to her to ask . Only way Id know completely that she's interested

The first line I agree with , men are scared to make the first move. The second line, not so much, if guys don't make a move, it's up to Persepoly to make that ....and then it can takebthem by surprise.
    The third line, nope, not a chance, it's the opposite, women would like a guy to make the first move, show some initiative, be proactive instead of reactive

I prefer the ones that turn out to be nutters after about 2 years.

Well, in a nutshell, yes. And it's daft that they don't at least reply back.
    Worst case scenario, you're a nutter and they can block you...best case they meet someone who is worth the effort of getting to know and is actually a person they could fall for.

Well the way I take it is with a pinch of salt. Online dating has provided me with some really great experiences and two close friends. I think it's a good option for meeting and dating but for me it's not the be all and end all.

The first line I agree with , men are scared to make the first move. The second line, not so much, if guys don't make a move, it's up to Persepoly to make that ....and then it can them by surprise.
    The third line, nope, not a chance, it's the opposite, women would like a guy to make the first move, show some initiative, be proactive instead of reactive

As I said , women have a lot more options than men online. I would say a lot of men feel under pressure to not be clingy over bearing or creepy because generally women will find it a lot easier than a man to simply find a better date online.

Tis why women love me, nuttier than squirrel shït I am!

Tis why women love me, nuttier than squirrel shït I am!

Actually lol'd at this :D

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    As I said , women have a lot more options than men online. I would say a lot of men feel under pressure to not be clingy over bearing or creepy because generally women will find it a lot easier than a man to simply find a better date online.

But that's the perception , women have the power in the eyes of the men ...and guess what...they don't!
    If a man messages Persepoly first, he's not going to appear clingy or needy, he's going to look as if he's willing to take a chance and give it a go....women will respond to that,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement