Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mikkl

Bit of a mixture Persepholy. I know sound shallow mentioning leagues. I need to be more proactive. I just messaged one man. Another 9 would be an achievement.

I wish it weren't so but men like to do the asking don't they. So I nudge them by adding them to my favourites if I like them. That sometimes works.

I was listening to a hypnosis thing overnight recently and it was purring ''yoooo are the type of perrrrson who can approach an attractive stranger'' at me all night long. So, nobody's safe.

I'm 46. Which I know is offensively old to some men. Even to men of 46.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Young WANs tbf do this as well...always drop/call off dates..

It's pure shtie tbh

On behalf of the young wans doing this, I apologise whole heartedly neighbour :)

Mikkl wrote: »
    Bit of a mixture Persepholy. I know sound shallow mentioning leagues. I need to be more proactive. I just messaged one man. Another 9 would be an achievement.

I wish it weren't so but men like to do the asking don't they. So I nudge them by adding them to my favourites if I like them. That sometimes works.

I was listening to a hypnosis thing overnight recently and it was purring ''yoooo are the type of perrrrson who can approach an attractive stranger'' at me all night long. So, nobody's safe.

If you want to ask then I say go for it. There is no reason why you shouldn't. Nobody is a mind reader. Think about how this would play out in a relationship. "I'm feeling really crap right now but instead of being direct I'll just drop hints to nudge him in the right direction".

You must be able to communicate your needs. This can begin with letting the guy know you are interested and asking him out.

What do you mean by "another 9"? Another 9 men to message?

xkariex wrote: »
    Men are so hard to msg ... So many mixed messages ... Not interested just say or vice versa ! No need for games
    I think I'll give up for a while!!

Yeh, I took a ten week break and just enjoyed life! I wonder why I'm going back on line.

I'm in correspondence with a dating coach at the moment. She has sent me a questionnaire and I have to fill it in, so obviously I'll do that at work tomorrow :-p
    It will be interesting to see if she can offer up any useful advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I wish it weren't so but men like to do the asking don't they..

Emm no....

Yes, that's what I mean Persepholy. I find that if I message two men and neither replies, I feel a bit rejected. But if I message a whole LOAD then I can't even remember them specifically enough to feel wounded by the rejection.

What age are you Tom?

KikiDee wrote: »
    On behalf of the young wans doing this, I apologise whole heartedly neighbour :)

Haha....cheers

I'm too old/busy to overly care about some random young wan who not into me....haven't time to be putting in the work :D

Will you go out with me? I'm a good looking woman to quote Joe Dolan.

Ok, I'm off to message 9 owlfellaz who think they can do better than me!

• Advertisement

What age are you Tom?

I'm as old as the hills :-/

Though tbh....you dunno what I look like (just aswell :pac: )....why would ya wanna date who ya don't know what they look like

I could be a 70 year old sitting in stained white y-fronts and a vest in me basement like

Yes, that's what I mean Persepholy. I find that if I message two men and neither replies, I feel a bit rejected. But if I message a whole LOAD then I can't even remember them specifically enough to feel wounded by the rejection.

If I had a euro for the amount of men I message who don't respond then I would be lying in a kingsize bed right now in a Carribean island having every inch of me massaged by Tom Hiddleston.

I've been lied to and used and torn up and led on and had my heart and hopes ripped to pieces. And not just in relationships.

Please don't feel rejected by a man on a dating site. Remember that you will not be for everyone and everyone will not be for you.
    That's ok because you only need one person who you click with. Just take it handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

xkariex wrote: »
    Men are so hard to msg ... So many mixed messages ... Not interested just say or vice versa ! No need for games
    I think I'll give up for a while!!

Yeh, I took a ten week break and just enjoyed life! I wonder why I'm going back on line.

I'm in correspondence with a dating coach at the moment. She has sent me a questionnaire and I have to fill it in, so obviously I'll do that at work tomorrow :-p
    It will be interesting to see if she can offer up any useful advice.

I think you just need a break at times. I definitely do. I know not all guys are the same, but I seem to pick thr same types!

Best of luck that should be interesting! Hopefully she can it's always good to see outsiders opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

anybody remember pre internet dating ?

yahoo chatrooms

a/s/l

god i feel old

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Old? MrsCR dabbled in small-ad dating before I met her! 18yo f wlm m w/ gsoh. That's old! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

yahoo chatrooms

a/s/l

god i feel old
    Tbxo

Yeh xkariex, me too... I like intellectual free spirited men with an inner lawyer! What I mean is, they have a really gentle, easy going manner but yet everything ends up being on their terms. I may bring that up with the dating coach. She's not a psychotherapist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Augme

yahoo chatrooms

a/s/l

god i feel old

That was back in the days where there weren't any women on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Also there could be ten reasons a man doesn't write back.
    The effort of it
    He's just there for the craic see what's going on
    Could be a jealous boyfriend using fake pics making sure his gf isn't on it
    Might have read it and not bothered to reply
    Might have met someone and is holding off to see where it's going
    You might not be his type
    He might be a catfish

I wouldn't even over think it.

Yeh xkariex, me too... I like intellectual free spirited men

Me too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I get a few "How are you?" The most recent being "Hey" and i didn't respond to it because if they can't take the time to write a decent message considering i've lots of information on my profile to start a topic but all i get is a "Hey" then i won't bother replying to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I swear I haven't understood a single word in a couple of pages now.

Look at ye there with yere catfish and married feckers and I can't even get a match let alone a timewaster. Jaysus I'm starting to consider propositioning the bots :/

Anyway.

I notice a marked increase in men from the UK sending me messages. Some of them seem very interesting and lovely.

Anyway.

I notice a marked increase in men from the UK sending me messages. Some of them seem very interesting and lovely.

Msg them back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyway.

What site are you using? I never have got messages from anyone outside Ireland

Msg them back!!!

:p

Well a move to the UK sometimes enters my head. Or who knows maybe I would build a connection with one of my online British suitors and they would move here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Anyway.

Do you message back? Would you be motivated to engage with people over that distance? Do you think they're genuine?

:p

Well a move to the UK sometimes enters my head. Or who knows maybe I would build a connection with one of my online British suitors and they would move here :)

Sure what's the worst can happen msging someone who's otherwise interesting Etc only the distance

(Though tbf I probably wouldn't)
    Would you move countries to be with someone!??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kazmcdonald

I have had the worst luck with online dating....

1st bloke that messages me decides to tell me a bit into the conversation he likes wearing women's clothes. Now I'm all for whatever takes your fancy but not when you will look better than I do!! 

Then had a few messages from blokes that pretty much got straight into the saucy stuff.

Had an old fame message me not realising who I was! He very quickly disappeared when I mentioned I knew him and knew he was married.

Next bloke pretty much disappeared as soon as I said I was a single mother.
    Where are all the decent blokes! If it's not I'm horny within the 1st few messages it's them lying. Seem a profile of another bloke - photo and all of him telling the world he was never married, has no kids, is honest and truthful and looking for his soul mate and I know this bloke is married, still living with the wife and four kids!

• Advertisement

They'd need to wear filter glasses to see real life nudes! Imagine the horror! Seeing a real woman naked!! Cellulite and everything

Real life boobs though :D

<3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement