Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You hadn't even met and she was getting annoyed because you were chatting with other girls?

I'd be outta there.

Well it sounds like he's not gonna be in there anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I get that question a lot from lads, and if it comes too soon it's really off putting. Particularly since I might look at one profile and think "He looks interesting, I'd like to go out with him" and look at another one seconds later and think "I bet he's great in bed"...
    Well I don't ask straight out - to clarify I try to get a few hints as to what their background is eg recently broke up/on rebound, single for a number of years/wants relationship etc. You can kinda judge from there what they might be after. Plenty have it in their bio regardless

You hadn't even met and she was getting annoyed because you were chatting with other girls?

I'd be outta there.
    I know. I've come across her type. They are so reluctant to meet but want to be in contact. This girl is particularly shy and I think a bit socially awkward; but she's kinda funny to talk to and easy enough on the eye.

I knew another girl who I did actually meet 2/3 times then all of a sudden became reluctant to go for a 4th time. I even bought her a small Christmas present and she wouldn't even meet me to receive it. I soon got bored and fed up making effort so stopped talking. Now she has started contacting me again recently.

I must make a really good pen pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Karmella

I don't see anything wrong with having a few 'potentials' In the mix at the same time... Sure you can't be putting all your eggs in one basket ;)
    I currently have 4 or 5 'chats' on the go, and have been on first dates with 3 of them so far. You might find like I did that you don't get on / fancy them when you meet IRL so one guy is gone from the mix - I'm going on a second date with one of them this week but I'm still not sure (I'm not sure if he is sure either!). And the third guy is only looking for a hook up - which is grand in itself - I haven't discounted him for that yet ;)

I think it's all trial and error. I'm still keeping all my options open. I think it would be very limiting not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,764 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Karmella wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with having a few 'potentials' In the mix at the same time... Sure you can't be putting all your eggs in one basket ;)
    I currently have 4 or 5 'chats' on the go, and have been on first dates with 3 of them so far. You might find like I did that you don't get on / fancy them when you meet IRL so one guy is gone from the mix - I'm going on a second date with one of them this week but I'm still not sure (I'm not sure if he is sure either!). And the third guy is only looking for a hook up - which is grand in itself - I haven't discounted him for that yet ;)

I think it's all trial and error. I'm still keeping all my options open. I think it would be very limiting not to.
    I'm pretty much doing the same just dating until I figure out what I want ,
    One girl really annoys me but only cause I can't work her out haha, and she would be the I could see myself being with out of any of the girls iv dated,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Karmella

And also on POF you can see when people you message are online .... So I know that all these guys are messaging others too !

I think it would be naive to assume / expect otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,280 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Karmella wrote: »
    And also on POF you can see when people you message are online .... So I know that all these guys are messaging others too !

I think it would be naive to assume / expect otherwise!

It doesn't always mean someone is online though, a lot of the time people could be just logged in on the app and not active but it shows them as being online

armaghlad wrote: »
    I know. I've come across her type. They are so reluctant to meet but want to be in contact. This girl is particularly shy and I think a bit socially awkward; but she's kinda funny to talk to and easy enough on the eye.

I knew another girl who I did actually meet 2/3 times then all of a sudden became reluctant to go for a 4th time. I even bought her a small Christmas present and she wouldn't even meet me to receive it. I soon got bored and fed up making effort so stopped talking. Now she has started contacting me again recently.

I must make a really good pen pal.

Why you would you be bothered to keep chatting with someone who doesn't want to meet?

Christmas present is cute though :)

Why you would you be bothered to keep chatting with someone who doesn't want to meet?

Christmas present is cute though :)
    She does really, she's just REALLY shy. So when I suggest it she puts it off. I kinda fancy her a bit too lol.

And yes I'm just that kinda guy, buying simple yet thoughtful gifts for ignorant beures who haven't the good grace to accept them. Any wonder I'm cynical...

She does really, she's just REALLY shy. So when I suggest it she puts it off. I kinda fancy her a bit too lol.

And yes I'm just that kinda guy, buying simple yet thoughtful gifts for ignorant beures who haven't the good grace to accept them. Any wonder I'm cynical...

You are far more patient than I. No way would I be chatting for ages on line. Especially when there are lots of men I'm attracted to who would want to meet.

Can you not just let me like you for even a few minutes!! You had to go and ruin it with your "ignorant beure" comment!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,764 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You should really only use contact to set times to meet at first,
    Men and women's interest goes up and down, so when its up at the start its best to organise to meet,
    Strike while the iron's hot as they say,
    The more you chat without meeting more chance you'll entre the dreaded FRIEND ZONE : )

You are far more patient than I. No way would I be chatting for ages on line. Especially when there are lots of men I'm attracted to who would want to meet.

Can you not just let me like you for even a few minutes!! You had to go and ruin it with your "ignorant beure" comment!

Oh don't worry I've been taking the Fr Fintan Stack approach in the meantime (ie having my fun; and that's all that matters)

And what's wrong with me calling an ignorant beure an ignorant beure!? :p that's what she is ;)

Oh don't worry I've been taking the Fr Fintan Stack approach in the meantime (ie having my fun; and that's all that matters)

And what's wrong with me calling an ignorant beure an ignorant beure!? :p that's what she is ;)

*rolls eyes*

What sites do you use and do you have a preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The more you chat without meeting more chance you'll entre the dreaded FRIEND ZONE : )

The friend zone is a load of rubbish. It just means someone isn't attracted to you. Sure, they might have given you a date if you asked them out before they got to know you, but that wouldn't have gone anywhere if as they get to know you they realise they're not attracted to you.

I've been asked out a couple of times, where I knew someone for a while. And turned them down when there was nothing going on for me with them. Sure I might have said yes if they asked me out straight off the bat, but it wouldn't have resulted in any kind of relationship because I know they're not for me.

If you're just interested in getting Mr. Little a run out, it may be effective to just ask someone out. If you're interested in a relationship that goes somewhere, it makes no difference.

I do believe in the opposite of the friend zone though. When as you get to know someone they become more and more attractive.

*rolls eyes*

What sites do you use and do you have a preference?
    Tinder, I stopped using POF about a week ago. I don't have a type either. As long as personality/attraction is there.

Tinder, I stopped using POF about a week ago. I don't have a type either. As long as personality/attraction is there.

Oh I meant preference with regards the site you use :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Who thinks Persepoly and armaghlad should go on a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I don't think anyone should go on a date. Everyone should be miserable and alone. Like me. *sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

This clip is the first thing that popped into my head. When they met...it was MURDER!

maudgonner wrote: »
    This clip is the first thing that popped into my head. When they met...it was MURDER!

I love that show!

• Advertisement

I love that show!

You'll get to be millionaires who go around solving crime. With a butler and a cute dog.

You two should definitely meet.

You'll get to be millionaires who go around solving crime. With a butler and a cute dog.

You two should definitely meet.

Ya but what if we kill each other?

Ya but what if we kill each other?

Leave all your money to the butler. Or the dog. Or me. Yeah, on second thoughts, leave all your lovely millions to me (and the vintage Mercs and stuff).

Leave all your money to the butler. Or the dog. Or me. Yeah, on second thoughts, leave all your lovely millions to me (and the vintage Mercs and stuff).

armaghlad doesn't like vintage Mercs so there will be none of those.

armaghlad doesn't like vintage Mercs so there will be none of those.
    I don't like green ones. If it has been meticulously restored then of course I'll cruise around in it like a pimp mofo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Has anyone else found themselves transitioning to solely dating people from online?

I've gone on dates with about six people this year and with the exception of one girl I used to work with, all have been from tinder/OKC. I feel a bit weird about it, but I can't exactly complain.

It's a mixed bag for me. I've been asked out four separate times the last few months by men in bars. I declined them all. It's been ages since I was last on a date with some one from a dating site.

I don't believe it matters how or where you find potential dates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What's the opinion on lack of photo? I'm quite willing to browse the profile without a photi but in last few minutes have found three non-photo profiles with nothing in description. Give us something to work with.

That said...these girls probably still get more messages than me :)

Collie D wrote: »
    What's the opinion on lack of photo? I'm quite willing to browse the profile without a photi but in last few minutes have found three non-photo profiles with nothing in description. Give us something to work with.

That said...these girls probably still get more messages than me :)
    No photo no likey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Any boardies ever go on dates with each other?

I have, but I don't think he knew I was a boardsie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement