Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Hopefully he doesn't have a pet bunny.

Hopefully he doesn't have a pet bunny.

That's being mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

*Ahem*

You've got mail.....enjoy hun. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

Yes I just ended the conversation saying best of luck in the exams etc. N I blocked him to save future hassle ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Witchie wrote: »

___

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Wow. Can anyone tell me how to change my username to 'PM me credit card details'?

:D

via4 wrote: »
    Yes I just ended the conversation saying best of luck in the exams etc. N I blocked him to save future hassle ha

Slow and steady wins the race. In the same week as first meeting him he suggested going away together. That's very odd. Alarm bells would be ringing for me. The next time you meet someone don't get caught up in their madness.

Yes persepoly I agree with you there was a death in the family a month ago I think I was just getting caught up in him due to the grieving it was delAyed grief I wasn't myself this week at all il be ok in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Slow and steady wins the race. In the same week as first meeting him he suggested going away together. That's very odd. Alarm bells would be ringing for me. The next time you meet someone don't get caught up in their madness.

Class advice. One thing to add to it -

Don't let yourself go mad either! If you're not feeling it, end it. Don't go on a mad one through text. All that does is make you look crazy and in the end makes you feel worse. Take the moral high ground. If you're not feeling it, and think he or she is a dick, just delete and block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm not sure if it's him or you that dodged a bullet there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

maudgonner wrote: »
    Wow. Can anyone tell me how to change my username to 'PM me credit card details'?

:D

Credit card details incoming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah seriously, I understand you're upset, but if I got a text off someone after a week being like "wtfs your problem" oh boy, if I didn't have a problem before getting it I'd have one after. It seems needlessly aggressive, tbh.

That's fair enough I suppose��Thanks for the replies��

Sorry there meant to be smiley faces not questions marks ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Easy tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just in case anyone is in any doubt as to why they should date me, here is a reminder:

Aye

Yeah, I find that accent really endearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 I Am Justice82

I have a client in work who comes in to me quite regularly just before she's going on a date. I absolutely love to see her coming, she's absolutely hilarious. She could have two or three dates lined up in one weekend, she doesn't drink and isn't into drinkers, and seems quite highly strung. She'll usually have a story about what's happened on her previous date, and it'll usually have been her kicking off because his shirts not tucked in, because he didn't tell her he's a teacher and she doesn't date teachers, because he arrived hungover.

There's always some reason he's not suitable, or they'll always have some sort of disagreement and although I'm sure it's very frustrating for her, she just seems to have this check list in her head of expected behaviour, and if he's not matching it, she'll tackle him on it

Shes sounds something like someone I knew, a friend of a friend who always briefly dated different fellows but never came to a any sort of relationship following the dates, person too also had a big check list, I personally dont,t drink myself even on occasions the most I might have would be a Becks non alcoholic , that said if someone was a casual/ social drinker I wouldn,t be put off by it .

Nothing at all wrong with not drinking or not being into a drinker
    But going full on radge on some poor fella who had a few drinks the night before, sorry though... :D

Imagine the effort

First date checklist:

Occupation.
    Not accepted
    - teachers
    - solicitors

Appearance.
    Not accepted
    - unshaven
    - tired looking
    - shirt not tucked into pants

Any other points to note
    - Subject did not give adequate time to prepare for our coffee. Went out the night before.

Seriously though. Hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"Problem? I don't have a problem!"

"You do now, mofo."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

it must be very hard work, glad I'm married even if we do fight like apes

• Advertisement

it must be very hard work, glad I'm married even if we do fight like apes

It's actually a lot of fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Nothing at all wrong with not drinking or not being into a drinker
    But going full on radge on some poor fella who had a few drinks the night before, sorry though... :D

Imagine the effort

First date checklist:

Occupation.
    Not accepted
    - teachers
    - solicitors

Appearance.
    Not accepted
    - unshaven
    - tired looking
    - shirt not tucked into pants

Any other points to note
    - Subject did not give adequate time to prepare for our coffee. Went out the night before.

Seriously though. Hard work.

That's funny - I started seeing a fella lately who is a teacher and I like that about him. He's passionate about it which is cool, obviously good with kids and makes good money.

I didn't like what he wore on our first date at ALL but since he chose a really nice restaurant I forgave him that (If we get serious I can fix his wardrobe later on!)

Uh oh!! trying to change someone once in a relationship rarely ends well!
    Edit never mind I didn't read it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Uh oh!! trying to change someone once in a relationship rarely ends well!
    Edit never mind I didn't read it right.

Haha yeah, I'm not going to attempt to change his character which seems lovely - just buy him a few nice shirts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Superhero1993

Would people say distance is a big thing especially for women in online dating. I'm from Donegal and I always find that there aren't a lot of women close by to chose from. On the POF app in the near me section, the closest user is around 20km away. Like I wouldn't be far from Sligo but again very little users. I wud have no problem with distance but I feel a woman in Dublin or Galway or Cork may not see the appeal of a guy far away from them when they have so many options closer by.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

....just buy him a few nice shirts!

Her: I bought you a present.

Him: Cool. Oh it's shirts. Okay, but I have shirts. I just got a few in that Jack and Jones sale that was on.

Her: Well now you have some more.

1 week later

Her: oh, you're wearing an old shirt

Him: No, this is one of the new ones I had already. Remember, I told you.

Her: What about the ones I got you

Him: Sure I can wear one of them the next time.

Her: Fine. Whatever.

Him: What's wrong?

Her: Nothing. I'm fine. Are we going for dinner? I'm tired so don't want to be long and I've to be up early so it's probably best if you stay at yours tonight.

1 Week later

Him: (to himself) going out soon, need to get dressed. "subconsciously" Think I better wear one of those shirts she got me.....

* The above is an entirely fictional conversation. Any similarities with any real life people or events is entirely accidental.

Depends surely? It'll be less than ideal but it would depend. Do you drive? Does she drive? Could you stay with her? Could she stay with you? Donegal is awkward af (I lived there myself for a while) because it's SO FAR from everywhere. There's no trains. You need to be able to drive.

Her: I bought you a present.

Him: Cool. Oh it's shirts. Okay, but I have shirts. I just got a few in that Jack and Jones sale that was on.

Her: Well now you have some more.

1 week later

Her: oh, you're wearing an old shirt

Him: No, this is one of the new ones I had already. Remember, I told you.

Her: What about the ones I got you

Him: Sure I can wear one of them the next time.

Her: Fine. Whatever.

Him: What's wrong?

Her: Nothing. I'm fine. Are we going for dinner? I'm tired so don't want to be long and I've to be up early so it's probably best if you stay at yours tonight.

1 Week later

Him: (to himself) going out soon, need to get dressed. "subconsciously" Think I better wear one of those shirts she got me.....

* The above is an entirely fictional conversation. Any similarities with any real life people or events is entirely accidental.

Apply same logic to awful haircuts and facial hair. Men seem very touchy about their facial hair.

Woman: you need to shave. You look like a street urchin.
    Man: I'm growing a beard.
    Woman: no you're not. You'll be arrested. We live next to a primary school.
    Man: troll troll troll troll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I didn't like what he wore on our first date at ALL but since he chose a really nice restaurant I forgave him that (If we get serious I can fix his wardrobe later on!)

I honestly feel sorry for this guy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Superhero1993

Depends surely? It'll be less than ideal but it would depend. Do you drive? Does she drive? Could you stay with her? Could she stay with you? Donegal is awkward af (I lived there myself for a while) because it's SO FAR from everywhere. There's no trains. You need to be able to drive.

Some areas are very awkward. Mine isn't but I suppose women can't tell that from looking at my profile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement