Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Just remember, a man with rough hands is a man that doesn't know how to wash dishes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

You'd never see a man in the bog wearing skinny jeans. You wouldn't be able to foot the turf in them yokes.
    I always ensure there's no holes in my socks or wax in my ears when going on a first date.

And cheese under the foreskin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Is clothes that massive a deal...been meaning to buy new myself

What do people make on scratches/scars on hands as I do be clean but my hands do be scratches etc and sometimes the dirt is wicked hard to get cleared off the knuckles

Like I do be cleaning for ages with nail brush etc...but it's hard if your rushing etc in a shower after work to get out again

You'll be grand. Have to stop saying 'I do be' though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No he doesn't. There's nothing wrong with what he says.

maudgonner wrote: »
    If you're wearing clean clothes that are fairly appropriate for whatever we're doing, then that would be the most I'd expect.

Whens the date lads?

Toot toot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I think there was more users on Pof a year ago, is online dating not as popular or is there another site ?

molly09 wrote: »
    I think there was more users on Pof a year ago, is online dating not as popular or is there another site ?

OKCupid and Tinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I'm starting to think I should throw away my newly acquired clothes and just buy some snickers trousers.

You women are a mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Karmella

Yeah I was only kidding about the clothes (well not the skinny jeans!)

Don't see anything wrong with rugged hands either, I think if your date knows that you do manual labour then they shouldn't expect beautifully manicured hands :)

FortySeven wrote: »
    I'm starting to think I should throw away my newly acquired clothes and just buy some snickers trousers.

You women are a mystery!

SNICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slurp. Sploosh.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I never really notice a guys clothes unless he is wearing something totally hideous. If you put a gun to my head I wouldn't be able to tell you what the guy I went on the last few dates was wearing. Its all about how they carry themselves and act, not what they are wearing.

That said, if he turned up in a tracksuit I would send him home!

My favourite look is early 90s combat trousers, a cool t-shirt (preferably Stone Roses or the like!), maybe an open check shirt and a pair of Docs.
    I always ensure there's no holes in my socks or wax in my ears when going on a first date.

Rewards come to those that make the effort.

Swoooooon.

And cheese under the foreskin.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu* you!!! Was eating some cream cheese with lemon curd when I read that. Now I have sick in my mouth.

SNICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slurp. Sploosh.

:D

Ooh 'er! You mucky bugger! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Witchie wrote: »
    I never really notice a guys clothes unless he is wearing something totally hideous.

I just remembered that I saw a kilt in the wild the other day. A lad walking down a road in the arse end (:)) of Galway wearing a kilt, like it was an everyday occurrence. He didn't have a Scottish accent either (maybe Dutch at a guess).

If a guy turned up on a date wearing a kilt, I have to admit I'd be taken aback. Those things are best left in the imagination I think (worn by the lad from Outlander :D).

Be awkward if he had better legs than you on the date!

maudgonner wrote: »
    I just remembered that I saw a kilt in the wild the other day. A lad walking down a road in the arse end (:)) of Galway wearing a kilt, like it was an everyday occurrence. He didn't have a Scottish accent either (maybe Dutch at a guess).

If a guy turned up on a date wearing a kilt, I have to admit I'd be taken aback. Those things are best left in the imagination I think (worn by the lad from Outlander :D).

Sunday?

I saw him too. Poor excuse for a kilt though. No tartan I recognised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Superhero1993

Have only had two tinder matches since I set it up. There cones a time when you get totally demoralised.

Have only had two tinder matches since I set it up. There cones a time when you get totally demoralised.

Don't go down that road. You are not the sum of your dating experiences. It's really important to be happy enough in yourself to not let that stuff get to you. We aren't going to appeal to everyone and everyone isn't going to appeal to us.

You need to man it up a bit super. I'm 39 and one thing I know now that I didn't when I was your age is that women love someone like you. Romantic, cuddly and nice. They are not initially attracted to that though. You have to be manly but sensitive. Sensitive is not an opener.

Not a viewpoint women like to hear but it's true.

Get you some snickers trousers man!

FortySeven wrote:
    You need to man it up a bit super. I'm 39 and one thing I know now that I didn't when I was your age is that women love someone like you. Romantic, cuddly and nice. They are not initially attracted to that though. You have to be manly but sensitive. Sensitive is not an opener.

FortySeven wrote:

But I don't act all sensitive around women. If anything its complete messer.

FortySeven wrote: »

Get you some snickers trousers man!

He just needs to be himself. Not try to be some kind of alpha male or adopt strategies to meet a woman. All of who he is is all he needs to be.

• Advertisement

My biggest problem I'd say is that there is nothing to do where I'm from. No clubs or societies anywhere near by. I honestly feel I would have no problem if I was in Galway or Dublin cos of the shear number of women. Can't afford to move though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Have you had anyone give you advice with your profile pictures? I've seen a lot of profiles that had really bad pictures but people were totally oblivious to this and of course this had a negative effect on their potential match rate, it might be worth getting someone to have a look at your profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

My biggest problem I'd say is that there is nothing to do where I'm from. No clubs or societies anywhere near by. I honestly feel I would have no problem if I was in Galway or Dublin cos of the shear number of women. Can't afford to move though.

Would ya not be near enough Derry....that's a mad place for nights out

siblers wrote:
    Have you had anyone give you advice with your profile pictures? I've seen a lot of profiles that had really bad pictures but people were totally oblivious to this and of course this had a negative effect on their potential match rate, it might be worth getting someone to have a look at your profile.

siblers wrote:

Have got someone to sort them out for me.
    siblers wrote:

Would ya not be near enough Derry....that's a mad place for nights out

Not close to Derry.

What about taking the whole business a little more in your stride Super? You seem like a really great guy. Maybe stop trying so hard. It could be another ten years before you meet the love of your life or you could meet her next month and be separated before you are 25.

Concentrate on yourself and living your live. Love will come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

What about taking the whole business a little more in your stride Super? You seem like a really great guy. Maybe stop trying so hard. It could be another ten years before you meet the love of your life or you could meet her next month and be separated before you are 25.

Concentrate on yourself and living your live. Love will come :)

What Persepoly said.

Neediness is a major no no in guys. Don't have a girlfriend for the sake of it, have a girlfriend because she's the one you want to spend your time with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Neediness is a major no no in guys. Don't have a girlfriend for the sake of it, have a girlfriend because she's the one you want to spend your time with.

In fairness neediness is a major no no in wans aswell....who wants to be putting up with that like

Though the older I get...the pure happier I am to spend more and more time alone...dunno if I'd be willing to give it up too easy tbh

I fully understand that. I'm actually very cool on the outside, I make sure to not let any insecurities show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You'll be grand. Have to stop saying 'I do be' though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doobie_Brothers

:)

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement