Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

My biggest problem I'd say is that there is nothing to do where I'm from. No clubs or societies anywhere near by. I honestly feel I would have no problem if I was in Galway or Dublin cos of the shear number of women. Can't afford to move though.

As someone who grew up in the bog I know how you feel. I always felt the opportunities were very limited. I had to travel a fair distance to get to the nearest dishco. The few times I have been up in Temple bar there just seems to be so many options. All the crazy Liverpool girls and friendly Canadians. The odd Brazilian and of course the Dublin girls. There's no way my wee village can compete with that.

Though the older I get...the pure happier I am to spend more and more time alone...dunno if I'd be willing to give it up too easy tbh

That's the thing!
    Sometimes I would love to have someone to do things with, but I'm not sure about sharing life/house etc cos I'm just so used to doing my own thing!

I know a guy, he has a girlfriend ( who was widowed with kids),they together over 20 years, & they live next door to each other. It's works for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Superhero1993

I think that's the main point. There's very little to do close to me so I be bored a lot which I feel having a girlfriend would help with a bit. All my friends live a distance away so I've got nobody to do things with.

I think that's the main point. There's very little to do close to me so I be bored a lot which I feel having a girlfriend would help with a bit. All my friends live a distance away so I've got nobody to do things with.

Don't enter in to a relationship for any reason other than wanting to be with that person.

Listen to Aunty Persepoly :p

Don't enter in to a relationship for any reason other than wanting to be with that person.

I fully follow this as in know there are one or two women that fancy me but i dont feel the same so I wouldn't go out with them. I just mean boredom is another factor of why I want to find a woman that I connect with.

• Advertisement

I fully follow this as in know there are one or two women that fancy me but i dont feel the same so I wouldn't go out with them. I just mean boredom is another factor of why I want to find a woman that I connect with.

Aha!

So you see. There are girls who are interested in you. You not being interested in them is totally fine but don't you see the way it works?

Aha!

So you see. There are girls who are interested in you. You not being interested in them is totally fine but don't you see the way it works?

Haha I fully understand that some women aren't interested in me and I've got no problem with that. But what I don't get is why so few are. I don't mean to be bigging myself up but I'm not bad looking, genuine, confident, a gentleman, kind, make people laugh, a messer, a tease, a flirt etc. All the things that a lot of women say they want in a man. I'm not 'a typical guy' which may be what puts women off cos even though guys treat them badly, the still seem to want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that if you were in a more densely populated city you'd be more likely to meet someone. I live in Dublin but have been single for 13 years!

I used tinder for a while but only matched with about 10 guys in total, none of whom ever made contact with me.....

Are you into music or sports or movies or reading or anything...? any groups you could join with the view to alleviating the boredom? You never know who you might meet....... :D

HiGlo wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so quick to assume that if you were in a more densely populated city you'd be more likely to meet someone. I live in Dublin but have been single for 13 years!

I used tinder for a while but only matched with about 10 guys in total, none of whom ever made contact with me.....

Are you into music or sports or movies or reading or anything...? any groups you could join with the view to alleviating the boredom? You never know who you might meet....... :D

There is absolutely nothing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

What you need is a hobby...,if you get a gf and ye break up (99% ppl do eventually) where will ya be...,heart possibly broken back bored and nothing to do

(Don't mean to sound harsh as this does)

• Advertisement

What you need is a hobby...,if you get a gf and ye break up (99% ppl do eventually) where will ya be...,heart possibly broken back bored and nothing to do

There is nothing in my area as regards clubs. There's football clubs but I used to be in them a few years ago and frankly the guys aren't friendly. That is it. None that involve women as well.

No. 99% of people do not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

:D that's the spirit Tom!!

Jaysus!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

The warmer weather and the sight of skin will bring on a bit of tiomaint for dating.

There is nothing in my area as regards clubs. There's football clubs but I used to be in them a few years ago and frankly the guys aren't friendly. That is it. None that involve women as well.

There mountains in Donegal and I'm lead to believe turf to be cut ;)

Though I used do a lot of mountain walking/hiking alone before work got insane busy....it's a great way to pass time and healthy aswell

Or go cycling/gym....all of which are better alone
    (The fact I'm a grade A loner helps for me tbf)

What activity etc do you most what to do?? (Other than riding :P)

No. 99% of people do not :)

Agh well....just most people's I know then....either cheat or break up eventually :pac:

Though there is always the odd exception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Is there a Donegal youngfella in this complaining of nothing to do for the summer?

Complain no more my boy!

Now Super you'll be sorted for the next few months footing turf and helping out BM!
    He might even bring you along to a dance if you're lucky!

:pac:

Is there a Donegal youngfella in this complaining of nothing to do for the summer?

Complain no more my boy!

Do you have something to keep him occupied????!!!

Now Super you'll be sorted for the next few months footing turf and helping out BM!
    He might even bring you along to a dance if you're lucky!

:pac:

I have my own turf to foot haha I meant something fun.

• Advertisement

That is fun!

Nothing as pretty as a bog filled with purple heather on a sunny day :)

Wash your mouth out youngfella!

I'm a lot older than you and I've yet to find a woman that could keep me as warm as a well seasoned turf.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Attic insulation is mighty stuff for keeping a house warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That is fun!

Nothing as pretty as a bog filled with purple heather on a sunny day :)

:eek:
    I don't know what bogs you do be on! Hate them! I prefer to hurt my back doing other things than being bent over on a bog

:eek:
    I don't know what bogs you do be on! Hate them! I prefer to hurt my back doing other things than being bent over on a bog

Well I must admit that I've never actually worked on a bog but do like to take a wonder around them now and then :)

I personally think it's cos I wouldn't be the most handsome. As I said before, Im not bad looking but im not great lol My online dating profile is basically what all women they say want in a man but for some reason I don't get many replies. Has to be the looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Well I must admit that I've never actually worked on a bog but do like to take a wonder around them now and then :)

Trust me, it's not the same. I'm with Lexie on this one!

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

any ladies out there lookin to romance and maybe more, pm me

XR3i wrote: »
    any ladies out there lookin to romance and maybe more, pm me
    Be sure and ask them their thoughts on turf, I'm crossing a lot of them off my list!:pac:

• Advertisement

I personally think it's cos I wouldn't be the most handsome. As I said before, Im not bad looking but im not great lol My online dating profile is basically what all women they say want in a man but for some reason I don't get many replies. Has to be the looks.

Look I could ask myself the same questions as you do. Maybe I'm not the right "type", maybe there aren't enough men near by, maybe it's all on me. But I don't because I'm secure enough in myself to know that the right man will want me just as I am.

That's the biggest issue I think which is coming across from your posts Superhero. Your lack of confidence in yourself and how the huge investment you have in having a girlfriend.
    I'm not saying that to be harsh. Consider taking a step back and getting comfortable in your own skin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement