Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

FortySeven wrote: »
    What is this 'inner psycho'?

Anger or just some kind of impulsive behavior?

Every single woman has the inner psycho!
    As I tell the lads I work with, every single woman has the potential to be craaaazy!

Apart from me, obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Lexie: you cheated on me you bastard!!

BF: what!?

Lexie: in my dream! Don't act like you don't know!!. ****!

Him: morning sweetheart
    Me: hrmp
    Him:... Cmere.
    Me:I'll actually break your arm, don't touch me
    Him: what's wrong with you?
    Me: you know what you did!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA7mae8L07w&sns=em

bubblypop wrote: »
    Every single woman has the inner psycho!
    As I tell the lads I work with, every single woman has the potential to be craaaazy!

Apart from me, obviously!

I firmly believe that every single human being on this great planet has the potential to be crazy. Whatever that "crazy" may be is a different matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

easyeasy wrote: »
    Distance can definitely work. Lived 4 hours from the person but if there is enough desire on both ends then it can work.

Don't think i'd do it again though mind

I found distance really worked for me when my kids were small as I had to plan to see my boyfriend to fit around responsibilities. Also loved long phone calls and phone sex after kids were in bed. Would often be too tired to dress up or put make up on and didn't have to.

Not for everyone but it worked for me.

Now I don't care if they are far or near, just want someone who wants a slice of this awesome pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Him: morning sweetheart
    Me: hrmp
    Him:... Cmere.
    Me:I'll actually break your arm, don't touch me
    Him: what's wrong with you?
    Me: you know what you did!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA7mae8L07w&sns=em

So funny! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭Augme

To be fair, I think (based on my own experience) that when you're younger you do think it's a reflection on yourself if you don't have a great record with finding someone. I know I did.

It always amuses me when people start going out with someone and suddenly they're the Oracle

The vast majority of people are/were extremely insecure and are/were terrible at dealing with their emotions in their early 20s. Even people who were "successful" at dating would have been the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Wow Lexie you definitely have some internal rage there alright :) Thankfully most (if not all) women I know don't act like that with their partners. Just getting in there before this thread turns into a complete generalisation about women's emotions.

So I've met some lovely guys online, one if whom I've seen for quite a while, but I can't get over the amount of people that seem to just want penpals, I.e endless messages with no interest in suggesting a date or in it when suggested. I wonder do a lot of people never intend to actually meet with a real life person... I've heard of similar from male friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

bubblypop wrote: »
    Woah!!!!
    Malin head!
    Are there people there?
    Jeeesh!

Poor old Backwards Man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Wow Lexie you definitely have some internal rage there alright :) Thankfully most (if not all) women I know don't act like that with their partners. Just getting in there before this thread turns into a complete generalisation about women's emotions.

So I've met some lovely guys online, one if whom I've seen for quite a while, but I can't get over the amount of people that seem to just want penpals, I.e endless messages with no interest in suggesting a date or in it when suggested. I wonder do a lot of people never intend to actually meet with a real life person... I've heard of similar from male friends.

Ask them.....why wait for other person to ask?

What's the worst will happen...they'll say no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Reading this thread you'd have to wonder how men and women ever get together!

I'm in my 30s and most of my friends are well settled. Have tried online dating with various degrees of success but it'll all work out when it's supposed too.

Struggle to understand why people take rejection so badly. There are plenty of men I don't find attractive so it's only reasonable to think there are plenty of men who aren't attracted to me. So what, it's there loss!

People want different things, it's a numbers game, keep meeting people, and eventually there'll be a match. So I keep telling myself anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Poor old Backwards Man!

Ah don't worry about us far north folk, we have complaining we don't exist so we get more down to a fine art. :p

We've even duped George Lucas now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ask them.....why wait for other person to ask?

What's the worst will happen...they'll say no?
    My post also mentions a lack of interest when it's suggested to them I.e I ask them out :) Not all the time but a fair bit. Sure why keep chatting if they aren't interested?

I asked a guy out earlier this year and we had a lovely few months together. I'd definitely be a fan of asking a guy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

One of the great things about online dating is being able to sit in your pyjamas, havin' a fag, and wearing no make up and be chatting away.

It's also one of the worst because you feel incredibly lazy and in no way in the mood for a flirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

...Or I'll have an awful dream he'll have cheated, or left frogs in the bed, or locked me into a room with rats, or something else I'll be terrified of. And I'll wake up upset, and he'll be there, sleeping all peaceful like he's done nothing wrong. And when he'll finally wake up I'll be humming with him but I can't say anything because I'll sound crazy but I'll be genuinely upset with him so I'll ask him to do something I know he won't do (clean the upstairs Windows outside) and then start a fight with him over that.

Jasus!

I honestly couldnt tolerate that stuff.

This came into my head, I dont know why :

I'm lovely the rest of the time. Actually very good humoured. And got great taste in spotting women's bums for him if he's driving.
    Anyway, like someone mentioned, loads of woman are much nicer to their partners, and everyone else has their flaws, :)
    No two relationships/people are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Lyaiera wrote: »
    One of the great things about online dating is being able to sit in your pyjamas, havin' a fag, and wearing no make up and be chatting away.

True... and lady toys don't care how we look either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does anyone else here think Nathan Carter is absolutely gorgeous, in his video for temple bar he has such a lovely smile, Im so annoyed I have a ticket to see him and can't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

fin12 wrote: »
    Does anyone else here think Nathan Carter is absolutely gorgeous, in his video for temple bar he has such a lovely smile, Im so annoyed I have a ticket to see him and can't go.

No. I want to punch him hard for his horrendous crimes to music.

Oh and he's gay so you are out of luck if you want more than to just look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Banner.

I've read through this thread and find myself in a similar situation to superhero. Early twenties, rural area and very little luck. The ghosting makes it very frustrating. Matched with a woman that I think is gorgeous on tinder. I was going to superlike her but had none available so just swiped right. To my joy, she matched with me. She responded to my initial text but that was it. I'm hoping she responds tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Lexie: you cheated on me you bastard!!

BF: what!?

Lexie: in my dream! Don't act like you don't know!!. ****!

I actually dreamt my boyfriend cheated before and was totally quiet and subdued for hours. Poor b*stard thought I was sick or something :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Witchie wrote: »
    No. I want to punch him hard for his horrendous crimes to music.

Oh and he's gay so you are out of luck if you want more than to just look.
    I have it on very good authority that he isn't gay! And he's my doppelganger apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Banner. wrote: »
    I've read through this thread and find myself in a similar situation to superhero. Early twenties, rural area and very little luck. The ghosting makes it very frustrating. Matched with a woman that I think is gorgeous on tinder. I was going to superlike her but had none available so just swiped right. To my joy, she matched with me. She responded to my initial text but that was it. I'm hoping she responds tomorrow.
    Do you not just set your distance as far as it goes? Surely you're within range of at least one city!? I have matched girls in Donegal, Scotland and the Isle of Man :pac:

So I did a little experiment last night, curious after that guy posted he had no matches within a 100km radius. I made an okcupid (I keep wanting to type okstupid) and kept it for 12 hours. 8pm yday until just after 8am.
    I didn't put an awful lot into it. Copied and pasted the intro I wrote about myself here at the weekend, put up one pic and sat back and let the magic happen.
    Boom - what a disappointment.

59 "likes"
    64 "views"
    11 messages

2 of those messages were from people not even in Ireland
    1 of those messages was from someone with a massive chip on his shoulder (I'll elaborate in a minute)
    1 of those messages would have gotten a reply if I was single but he was 24 (ie, 3 years too young)
    2 put effort into the message and seemed like nice people, not my type at all.

Rest were boring...hey how you now, hey, heii bby wua, that kind of crap.

The crazy one. Where to start! He mailed me saying I either had the greatest sense of humor he ever met or it was the scariest profile he ever read (so don't disclose your actual personality, keep your interests to the usual gym reading cooking etc) then he mailed again telling me I sounded high maintenance and self centred (luckiest man lold at that) then he mailed me telling me he thought my pic was fake. SEE YA AFTER!

Deleted it then. I'd seen enough!

I found OK cupid poor. Very little people near to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So I did a little experiment last night, curious after that guy posted he had no matches within a 100km radius. I made an okcupid (I keep wanting to type okstupid) and kept it for 12 hours. 8pm yday until just after 8am.
    I didn't put an awful lot into it. Copied and pasted the intro I wrote about myself here at the weekend, put up one pic and sat back and let the magic happen.

59 "likes"
    64 "views"
    11 messages

1 of those messages was from someone with a massive chip on his shoulder (I'll elaborate in a minute)
    1 of those messages would have gotten a reply if I was single but he was 24 (ie, 3 years too young)

The crazy one. Where to start! He mailed me saying I either had the greatest sense of humor he ever met or it was the scariest profile he ever read (so don't disclose your actual personality, keep your interests to the usual gym reading cooking etc) then he mailed again telling me I sounded high maintenance and self centred (luckiest man lold at that) then he mailed me telling me he thought my pic was fake. SEE YA AFTER!

Interesting experiment.

On a side note, you now have several people projecting evil eyes towards your avatar with your 12 hours 11 messages all with a partner sitting on the couch beside you. :D

I disabled my account. It was becoming, well I don't know really. I just thought feck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

59 "likes"
    64 "views"
    11 messages

Can you put up the same profile for 12 hours with a picture of an average looking fella? Just as an experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,611 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

FortySeven wrote: »
    Can you put up the same profile for 12 hours with a picture of an average looking fella? Just as an experiment.

What does an average looking fella look like though?

Reading through this thread. How is Persoply still single? What a lovely person :) Just my two cents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What does an average looking fella look like though?

*waves* :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement