Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

gourcuff28 wrote: »
    You just know when they might look alright but bland and shallow as ****.

Ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

You just had to ask didn't you!

I know :o

I did think about mentioning 'Don't just say: "Someone with great boobs/ass/whatever"', but in fairness if that's what attracts you to a profile that's alright - each to their own.

(Personally, I rarely message a guy who's got great boobs - it's personality all the way for me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Anyone who likes this guys music is thumbs up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LwHBw0EXe8
    Stumbled across it. Suppose I don't like though people who put a million bands they like and I know none, feel it trying to hard, I love music though. But then if they're fav band is Westlife, no, same with movies, if there is some decent comedy in there great, kids cartoon films, turn off, I'm not a kid and never go to see them. All action films turn off.
    If fav film is Shawshank, ah come on now, it is so old and it was everyone fav film 20 years ago.
    Now I am well aware I've said, it they too indie it bad and too mainstream it is bad. I'm a fickle man. Not really, if you are kind, funny, and care about what is going on in the world around you, we'd probably get on.
    If you are more into how you look and labels, we won't probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

f
    Putting on your profile- "not looking for fun etc" - this leads to conflict if a guy is chatting to you and having a laugh and then he makes a slightly flirty comment- the default response from girls is " so are you just here for the ride" hate that one

This is a problem.....like I see how it could get old very quickly if you were a young wan

But ya want to have a laugh/joke when your msging aswell....ya don't want to be serious always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Difference between a bit of craic and

"I'm hard, want to see?"
    No?
    "Only having the craic with you! Wua?"
    *conversation*
    "Your pics are nice, nice lips ;)"
    "Know where I'd like them ;)"
    "Hello?"
    "Ah take a joke will ya!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Girls don't care about profile(unless its your side profile) they want the male models, the tatted up bad boy, the 6 foot 2 rugby player.

That would be a total turn off me me in a guy(apart form the tattoos, I don't mind them).
    An awful lot of women would feel the same, not everyone wants a "pumped up" partner :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 gourcuff28

You just had to ask didn't you!

I wouldn't necessarily feel that that view is representative of what all men think.

For me. Definitely enough of a physical attraction to make me feel here might be a spark but not expecting love at first sight.
    A profile that includes some of the thought process as to why they are there.
    Pictures that make me want to ask about when or where it was taken.
    Some interests and reasons why those appeal to them but not really a massive list or a thesis on the reasons behind them.

All of the above can be deemed redundant by something of the "je ne sais quoi" variety which isn't necessarily about looks or anything. It could be a phrase used or in one instance, a picture, not of the lady, that had me intrigued.

Its irrelevant anyway, women set the agenda and the requirements in the dating market, gotta get that 6 pack, the jawline, that 6 foot 4 height, the male model haircut.....

Its irrelevant anyway, women set the agenda and the requirements in the dating market, gotta get that 6 pack, the jawline, that 6 foot 4 height, the male model haircut.....

Yawn. A poor attempt.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

"I'm hard, want to see?" No? "Only having the craic with you! Wua?" *conversation* "Your pics are nice, nice lips " "Know where I'd like them " "Hello?" "Ah take a joke will ya!"

Difference between a bit of craic and

I'm sure that gets old pretty fast and I can see why girls can be so wary on dating sites, but I'm talking in the context of messaging someone for a few days and having good conversation and banter and maybe talking about meeting up . Things going well and at some stage you might make a flirty comment ( definitely not offering a dick pic) and straight away girls will rant at you " what are you looking for etc " And it pretty much kills the conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

maudgonner wrote: »
    Yawn. A poor attempt.

Jesus, what is with everyone today? We just said that's NOT what we were interested in :confused:
    I have actually seen very few of that type(in my age setting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

I'm sure that gets old pretty fast and I can see why girls can be so wary on dating sites, but I'm talking in the context of messaging someone for a few days and having good conversation and banter and maybe talking about meeting up . Things going well and at some stage you might make a flirty comment ( definitely not offering a dick pic) and straight away girls will rant at you " what are you looking for etc " And it pretty much kills the conversation.

Yep, what you write and what she reads could be completely different things

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 gourcuff28

Girls LOVE HOT GUYS making sexual innuendos.

Yep, what you write and what she reads could be completely different things

Yeah, I agree. It's so hard to get lightheartedness across in text, no matter what smilies you use. Especially when you've never met the person face-to-face.

I'd be inclined to leave messages that are any way risqué until after you meet, just in case they're misinterpreted. Then fire away, once you know you're on the same page! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Oooohh it's in capitals, it must be true :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Gourcuff28, do not post in this thread again.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

(Personally, I rarely message a guy who's got great boobs - it's personality all the way for me!)

You can tell a guys personality from his profile?

You can tell a guys personality from his profile?

I was making a joke?

But yeah, if they've put some effort into it you can get a sense of them.

I was making a joke?

I 100% agree with this. If the profile has been filled there are all sorts of little clues to be found. Is he uptight or easygoing? Does he care more about looking good than he cares for his partner?

Then you have his answers to the questions. This only applies to okcupid as far as I know. There are a few which are red flags for me. Believing that only those with a high IQ are capable of deeper love and finding the idea of childbirth disgusting are opinions that will make me wonder.

Levaton wrote: »
    That's fairly normal, women tend to like sexy men for casual sex but for marriage they tend to go for less sexually appealing. This is why so many married couples have bad sex lives, there is no sexual attraction.

To make a generalisation, women love men who just don't give a fukc.

It's possible for attraction to come when it may not be the first feature. It doesn't mean you find them less appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Levaton wrote: »
    That's fairly normal, women tend to like sexy men for casual sex but for marriage they tend to go for less sexually appealing. This is why so many married couples have bad sex lives, there is no sexual attraction.

Except plenty of men lose their sex drive too, not just women. I'm curious though, how many married couples have bad sex lives, has this been proven to be because of women not wanting it, and has it been proven that women settle with men they don't find attractive?

Or is this all generalizing crap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd love to go on that first dates programme but I'd be a tat nervous and I'll be shaking at the at the bar waiting for that handsome door guy to arrive with my date

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I was making a joke?

I generally go by the photos tbh, unless she has something particularly awful in her profile like a long list of demands. They do say men are more visual though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does anyone know how you would try to meet someone if you are on holiday in another county, it's just I go to Kerry quite a bit during the year but I have no friends that live there or anybody, I have friends if they come with me but a good bit I'd be there by myself and I just feel it would be a bit daunting to go up into the pub by myself and it seems to be a lot of old men in the pubs the area I holiday in, how could I go about asking a guy to spend time with me when I'm on holiday in Kerry, is the only way online messaging people from Kerry.

No, I don't get grown adults afraid to go into places by themselves! Enjoy yourself! Go to the pub, even if the locals are old you don't know how hot the barman might be. It's easy to meet people day to day, fun even! It can be your summer challenge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No, I don't get grown adults afraid to go into places by themselves! Enjoy yourself! Go to the pub, even if the locals are old you don't know how hot the barman might be. It's easy to meet people day to day, fun even! It can be your summer challenge :)

My ex would not go into town by herself and said people have problems who go into pubs on there own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If I didn't go into pubs on my own I'd be a pioneer.

And Tennents would be bankrupt.

Ya but these small country town, if you walk into the pub and your not known they will just stare, I would feel very self conscious sitting there by myself, I suppose the best option is I should sit right up at the bar. I'd just like to meet people my own age. there just doesn't seem to be a lot of young people living there.

I know it's the default reply for these situations, but have you checked if there is a meetup group in the area?

• Advertisement

I'm not scared to go to places by myself, I've joined lots of groups by myself but there are no meetup groups in Kerry. There's just something about going into a local pub by myself. some old guys can get really creepy if you are just sitting there by yourself as a woman. I got grabbed inside in one of the bars before there and he was old enough to be my dad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement