Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So you mean men don't like the element of surprise?
    Might kiss you, might burn your house down.
    Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

worded wrote: »
    With some Irish women you are too like their father, or not enough like their father etc

The ideal woman is half Irish and half another nationally

That way you get the personality, without the psychosis

Pfft, where's the fun in that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

With some Irish women you are too like their father, or not enough like their father etc

That's quite the gamble though. What happens if the 50/50 split goes horribly wrong and you get all the psychosis but none of the personality? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Psychosis is the spice of life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I knew a girl who was half Irish and half Russian. She had the arse of a Russian girl and the craic of an Irish girl which was a great combination.

• Advertisement

I knew a girl who was half Irish and half Russian. She had the arse of a Russian girl and the craic of an Irish girl which was a great combination.

Craic or crack?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Scottish Arab is a great combination in a fella. Western enough to get me, and understand the whole women's lib thing, but not afraid to open doors, carry shopping bags or pick up the bill.

Not to mention gorgeous.

Craic or crack?? :pac:

She had the crack of a Russian and the craic of an Irish. She was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Scottish Arab is a great combination in a fella. Western enough to get me, and understand the whole women's lib thing, but not afraid to open doors, carry shopping bags or pick up the bill.

Not to mention gorgeous.

Yeah, yeah, stop bragging on your boyfriend :D

An Indian Indian would be lovely. Half Indian half native American.

• Advertisement

Native Americans are only called Indians because Columbus thought he was in the Indies. The eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

An Indian Indian would be lovely. Half Indian half native American.

If we're going to play that game...half Russian/half Japanese...

Now I severely doubt il meet a wan like that in shorts :pac:

I like them with the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Speedwell wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, stop bragging on your boyfriend :D

I wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

maudgonner wrote: »
    I like them with the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.

Spins web then throws it on the floor.

Spins web then throws it on the floor.

Eight legs and still can't walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

maudgonner wrote: »
    Eight legs and still can't walk.

I can walk, I'm just lazy

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

"What do you call men under 6ft?..Friends".

The headline of some stupid bint. Hardly a beauty either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

A Donegal man with a nice lilting Norn Iron accent living in Gaillimh would be nice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

"What do you call men under 6ft?..Friends".

The headline of some stupid bint. Hardly a beauty either.

Pretty sure that's a quote from a film/somewhere

• Advertisement

Tee hee! That made me giggle I will admit :p

What about the guys who make sure to mention in the headline or first line of description ' bunny boilers need not apply ' or ' no psychos please '
    OK, you may have had a bad experience, but you're not going to have a good one with me, if that's your attitude!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So true, physcos are the best kind

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

bubblypop wrote: »
    What about the guys who make sure to mention in the headline or first line of description ' bunny boilers need not apply ' or ' no psychos please '
    OK, you may have had a bad experience, but you're not going to have a good one with me, if that's your attitude!!

I wish I had a quid for every profile that had that kind of poop on it.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Might be but I'm sure she's serious about it.

Goes onto say she used to play county gaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I see similar on the profiles of women. But they're often the type that want the man with the income to be able to treat them... so I'd wonder do they draw such people to themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

em...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Vebreon

Interesting video on dating below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I had two dates with a lovely girl from POF recently, but she decided not to take things further, which was very disappointing. It was my first online date, but also my first date in a long time. Although we shared a kiss, I don't feel that she was that interested in me, despite her saying she had been at the time.

She was a pain to message, not because of the conversation, but because it would take her days to reply online, or when texting, the next night or even a couple of days after. I took her excuse as work being busy and all that, but had she been that interested, perhaps there could have been more time to text/message? I don't know. But, the hunt goes on anyway, whether it be on or offline.

I would certainly not dismiss it, as it can work for people. For example, the girl I met said that her best friend had met her husband online. But, it's just so hard getting a reply from it, and if a reply is received to a message, it's rare for things to actually progress to more than two or three messages before she ghosts. Most that have messaged me first or viewed my profile first have been ones that I haven't been interested in. I guess it's the same visa versa.

Just to add, I don't really change online than in person. Really how I appear online is how I appear in person, but with the bit of shyness thrown into the mix. Perhaps I'm not as chatty first either :P

I sometimes have a very busy and hectic schedule with my work and I can be a devil for not replying back to messages or emails to family and friends. It could take be days to reply back to something but it's not intentional and people who knows me knows I'm busy. Sometimes after a long day I would come in home and have to choose between dinner or a shower. Too tired to do both. Sometimes even going to bed without dinner or a shower.

It's very possible the lady you dealt with was genuine and she was caught up in work. Perhaps she sniffed a bit of insercurity from you in relation to messages and she didn't want to take things further.

I gave internet dating a go a few years ago. I was nearly hounded from one man I dealt with with messages like:
    'You ignoring me'
    'Why you not replying back to my messages'

I was absolutely genuinely busy with work. I replied to his messages saying that I was very busy with work and I will reply when I get a chance. That chance came to me days later at the weekend and I replied back to him properly and he gave out sh1t to me. I was absolutely genuinely busy with work with long hours and lucky to even get time to grap a lunch and coming in home late. Dinner was a piece of toast before falling into bed.

Dodged a bullet there but fcuk that craic. I gave the internet dating thing a miss since because I don't have time to be dealing with peoples insecurities around messaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

cantdecide wrote: »
    I wish I had a quid for every profile that had that kind of poop on it.

It's great though, it allows for one to very quickly disregard the profile and move on to the next one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement