Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

Doodoo wrote: »
    Room for one more?? Been reading this thread for a few weeks now - lots of doom and gloom from some posters.
    I'm single for 4 months now after a long term relationship ended. Tried pof last month on recommendations from here and although days go by where nobody messages you, some days I might get a few together - not sure why. So I've contacted a couple of girls so far and, on the advice gained here, (meet up fairly quickly) just arranged my first, first date in nearly 7 years on Thursday.

And makesure you are over your ex and have dealt with the break up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

And makesure you are over your ex and have dealt with the break up :)

Excellent advice (again)

I received the same words of wisdom from a very dear friend, if your relationship meant anything to you, give the separation process the respect it deserves.
    Make sure you are ready before you go bundling back in to anything, otherwise you will probably end up hurting yourself, your ex, and possibly a potential new partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

If you can't be with the one you love
    Love the one you are with

If both parties are rebounding it's fine IMHO

It's difficult to get through a breakup solo and
    Difficult with a new poss OH ....

No perfect answer for everyone, each to their own ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

worded wrote: »
    If you can't be with the one you love
    Love the one you are with

If both parties are rebounding it's fine IMHO

It's difficult to get through a breakup solo and
    Difficult with a new poss OH ....

No perfect answer for everyone, each to their own ....
    That sounds like hell. I'd hate to be anyone's rebound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

If BOTH parties are crawling from car crashes it can be OK

It's ok to be ok my friend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I know what you are saying. It's a tricky one. Take myself, relationship ended properly 9 months ago. When am I classed as not rebounding? I'd hate to think I was going to be a liability.

The end of a relationship is similar to the grieving process. It's a loss that has occurred. There are different factors to consider. The length of time the relationship lasted, circumstances surrounding the break up, closure, was it amicable, all sorts of things.

We all deal with it differently. But if you are dating again you need to ask yourself is it because you are filling a gap in your life left by your ex. Do you still harbour feelings for your ex. Do you have a wish to be back together.

If the answer to any or all of those is yes then you are on the rebound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Even aside from that for many people there is a lengthy period during which you're largely OK with your relationship and your ex being out of your life but you're still just not mentally/emotionally ready for a new relationship, either - and I think this stage isn't always obvious. For me, the point at which I'm totally content just being single and on my own, is when I'm ready to consider a new relationship.

I'm six months out of a relationship. Using tinder and bumble. I'm a pharmacist and 90% of people I match with are nurses, doctors or primary school teachers. Anybody else notice thst they are particularly attractive a certain demographic.

FortySeven wrote: »
    I know what you are saying. It's a tricky one. Take myself, relationship ended properly 9 months ago. When am I classed as not rebounding? I'd hate to think I was going to be a liability.
    When you're not thinking of your ex when you're banging someone else.
    When you can smell the cologne they wear without feeling sick.
    When you don't want to stab their new partner.
    When you're not still texting them 24/7 and trying to be close friends.
    When they're not still your plus one at events, you're just not sleeping together.
    When it's your birthday and you don't take break from being broken up with them because there's nobody else you'd rather spend your birthday with.

Feeling inadequate or second best is a horrible feeling even when it's just fwb

• Advertisement

Ok. I'm grand so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm six months out of a relationship. Using tinder and bumble. I'm a pharmacist and 90% of people I match with are nurses, doctors or primary school teachers. Anybody else notice thst they are particularly attractive a certain demographic.

When I was using online dating, the majority of my matches were nurses and teachers. I really don't think it is down to attraction; I just think there are a lot of nurses and teachers using online dating.

When I did that tinder thing last year when I was finished with luckiest man it seemed to be jam packed with personal trainers, accountants, few teachers, few guards, few doctors. It was definitely lacking pekple who wore snickers pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I used POF a few years ago. Before Tinder was a thing.
    I had a good few first dates over the course of 2 years. They were great fun and exciting but nothing ever lasted longer than a couple of weeks.

Then I met my GF on POF, went for a drink and knew straight away. Haven't looked back since. Almost 3 years together.

It's a bit of a numbers game, and can get frustrating/quiet at times. But stick at it. Your next first date might be your last first date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

It was definitely lacking pekple who wore snickers pants

Ohhh the snickers pants <3 It still is lacking a bit in this area tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

It was definitely lacking pekple who wore snickers pants

KikiDee wrote: »
    Ohhh the snickers pants <3 It still is lacking a bit in this area tbf

Are either of you in Dublin?? I stayed up there last week in The Best Western just off O Connell St. Theyre doing the Living Room up just beside it and there are men in Snickers trousers EVERYWHERE! :D

I had a right auld perv for myself! ...just passing on the good word if anyone is in need of a pick me up during their lunch break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Am I going to get in trouble at work if I google Snickers Pants?

Winterlong wrote: »

Not atall :)

Whos up for a boardsie Online Dating thread meet up?? Tomorrow at 1pm...O Connell St. Bring popcorn :P

Not atall :)

Whos up for a boardsie Online Dating thread meet up?? Tomorrow at 1pm...O Connell St. Bring popcorn :P

Make it 4pm and you've got yourself a deal :D

Make it 4pm and you've got yourself a deal :D

Oh 4 is even better....they will be clocking off soon after and will probably want a nice cool drink after working all day in the sweaty sun! .....and thats when we pounce! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Winterlong wrote: »

'Is that a Snickers in your pants or are you happy to see me?'

:pac:

Oh 4 is even better....they will be clocking off soon after and will probably want a nice cool drink after working all day in the sweaty sun! .....and thats when we pounce! :D

I won't sleep a wink tonight with the excitement! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Runs out to buy a pair of snickers pants

No wonder they're not on pof. They just take their pick from the horny hoards hanging around their workplace! :)

Also good are bedraggled hippy types with a multi coloured cloth for a belt holding up low slung jeans. Cons on the feet. Music in the ears. A brown leather bag slung over one shoulder full of books that smell of patchouli.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

I'd be on for meeting up. Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Also good are bedraggled hippy types with a multi coloured cloth for a belt holding up low slung jeans. Cons on the feet. Music in the ears. A brown leather bag slung over one shoulder full of books that smell of patchouli.

Jasus no wonder I'm single :(

gsi300024v wrote: »
    I'd be on for meeting up. Where?

The Best Western hotel tomorrow at 4. It's off O'Connell St. Bring cans of coke to give to the Sexy snickers wearers who'll be working next door. Blonde Moment and I will have deck chairs ready to enjoy the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

That look has always screamed "wash me and buy me clothes that aren't from a charity shop" tbh! I'd dress fairly "alternatively" quite a lot of the time, but nah, the hippie thing just makes the person look unwashed to me.

• Advertisement

That look has always screamed "wash me and buy me clothes that aren't from a charity shop" tbh! I'd dress fairly "alternatively" quite a lot of the time, but nah, the hippie thing just makes the person look unwashed to me.

Makes me cringe so hard I could chip a tooth. Shudder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement