Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

That look has always screamed "wash me and buy me clothes that aren't from a charity shop" tbh! I'd dress fairly "alternatively" quite a lot of the time, but nah, the hippie thing just makes the person look unwashed to me.

I actually wouldn't care how he was dressed. I was. It was a kind of joke. A throwback from my younger years :)

There is also nothing wrong with clothes from a charity shop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

There is also nothing wrong with clothes from a charity shop :)

No, there isn't, I have stuff from them.

Replace "charity shop" with "Eager Beaver" (shop in Dublin that sells smelly, old, manky looking hippie clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I just googled snickers pants. The pockets look very practical, but I've never seen them in M&S or Debenhams, so I don't know where I get a pair. They would be helpful for storing all my bits of string, dust, tobacco ends, and snacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I just googled snickers pants. The pockets look very practical, but I've never seen them in M&S or Debenhams, so I don't know where I get a pair. They would be helpful for storing all my bits of string, dust, tobacco ends, and snacks.

Used get them/similar in dunnes....they order them in work now....no idea where from though

Though why are ya storing bits of string

• Advertisement

No, there isn't, I have stuff from them.

Replace "charity shop" with "Eager Beaver" (shop in Dublin that sells smelly, old, manky looking hippie clothes.

I used to shop in Eager Beaver back in the day. Now it's Om Diva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lyaiera wrote: »

Hardware shop. My brother sent me off to buy cement about two weeks ago. "Where will I find cement?" I said. "Anywhere." He said. So off I go. Turns out "anywhere" was actually "one place" but I was in about 5 hardware places and most of them had snickers pants. No hot people modelling them though. If you can find cement then they will have them.

I used to shop in Eager Beaver back in the day. Now it's Om Diva.

You sure? It's still called eager beaver on their shop front and Facebook page

You sure? It's still called eager beaver on their shop front and Facebook page

Oh no I mean I used to shop in Eager Beaver. Now I shop in Om Diva :) A step up in terms of vintage/hippie

I like the hippie way :)

Oh no I mean I used to shop in Eager Beaver. Now I shop in Om Diva :) A step up in terms of vintage/hippie

I like the hippie way :)

Vintage, I like. Hippie I don't mind.

But eager beaver have gone to sh!te! Their stuff looks dirty and worn out rather than vintage. And don't get me started on tola vintage

• Advertisement

Vintage, I like. Hippie I don't mind.

But eager beaver have gone to sh!te! Their stuff looks dirty and worn out rather than vintage. And don't get me started on tola vintage

I haven't been in that shop in years. The last time was with an ex of mine who wanted to buy a coat. Lots of shirts I remember.

I don't know tola vintage. Is that the little purple fronted shop that has Cafe Irie over it?

Used get them/similar in dunnes....they order them in work now....no idea where from though

To tie the mens up with :D

Siopaella is as about as vintage as I'd go tbh
    No dreadlocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Also good are bedraggled hippy types with a multi coloured cloth for a belt holding up low slung jeans. Cons on the feet. Music in the ears. A brown leather bag slung over one shoulder full of books that smell of patchouli.

:D

These types of people always generally look really happy and relaxed, Id love to be like that!

These types of people always generally look really happy and relaxed, Id love to be like that!

Coz their possibly stoned?

Coz their possibly stoned?

Being content and at peace with who you are doesn't mean you are stoned Tom.
    That's very judgemental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Wow! What has this world become where not only do people not store a multitude of bits of string on them. But actually question why someone else would do the very necessary thing of always being prepared with both black, grey, and white pieces of string in their pockets.

It's the likes of you that have forced children to learn how to paint. And not even good things like walls, and doors, but fancy schmancy things like trees, and faces. Next you know people will be climbing trees to hang dreamcatchers, and demanding everyone dreams in politically correct blue and purple, to avoid offending smurfs. Madness I tell you!

Being content and at peace with who you are doesn't mean you are stoned Tom.
    That's very judgemental.

I also know a lot of people like what's described there and to a man/woman they smoke a lot of weed :P

Don't mind it myself...but wouldn't let smoked in me car as well the smell off it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Also good are bedraggled hippy types with a multi coloured cloth for a belt holding up low slung jeans. Cons on the feet. Music in the ears. A brown leather bag slung over one shoulder full of books that smell of patchouli.

:D

That's my weekend, near enough every weekend from May to October! Especially the music. But not the jeans - too much a symbol of greedy capitalist pigs. :pac:

Not next weekend, though. Am in Dublin for a First Communion and have been told to wear a suit. :(

I also know a lot of people like what's described there and to a man/woman they smoke a lot of weed :P

Don't mind it myself...but wouldn't let smoked in me car as well the smell off it

Lots of people smoke weed. Just because a person looks or acts a certain way doesn't mean they are stoned. Some of the best people I know are as I described in my earlier post.

• Advertisement

Lots of people smoke weed. Just because a person looks or acts a certain way doesn't mean they are stoned. Some of the best people I know are as I described in my earlier post.

About 90% of people my age around here smoke weed

I actually have no problem with it....but don't personally do it...

Just people I know like this are stoned a lot of time...going by Facebook anyways

About 90% of people my age around here smoke weed

I actually have no problem with it....but don't personally do it...

Just people I know like this are stoned a lot of time...going by Facebook anyways

That's been your experience. It hasn't been mine.
    So maybe a better way to put it is some people who look and act a certain way will smoke weed. Some people who look and act a certain way won't smoke weed. :)

Aa far as dating goes sure it takes all sorts. Give me Mr free and easy over Mr uptight anyday. I've been there and it wasn't fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I was single for 5 years (by choice after a bad relationship) and in 2012 decided to give online dating a shot. Tried zoosk first but found it ridiculous, too much money grabbing. Was reading the reviews in the app store one day and saw something mentioned called pof (plenty of fish).

Met 2 complete psychos on it initially, a girl who was looking for a father for SOCK, and another who might as well have stayed home as she wouldn't take her eyes off eastenders. Finally got messaging a normal girl on it and 4 years later, she's sitting here as my wife :)

It does work if you have a keen eye for spotting and separating the time wasters and freaks from the genuine ones.

What is sock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

What is sock?

Some Other C**ts Kid

Deep Six wrote: »
    Some Other C**ts Kid

Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

Not atall :)

Whos up for a boardsie Online Dating thread meet up?? Tomorrow at 1pm...O Connell St. Bring popcorn :P

Which O'Connell St ?

Deep Six wrote: »
    Some Other C**ts Kid
    That's absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

That's absolutely disgusting.

Yup.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement