Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭Augme

You're wife sounds like a really lucky lady there Deep Six.

Yea right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

That's absolutely disgusting.

That's why I abbreviated it ;) Personal choice and all that

Deep Six wrote: »
    That's why I abbreviated it ;) Personal choice and all that

Well those children I'm sure had a lucky escape with an attitude like yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I seem to have more luck with single mothers and married women for some reason.

I can relate but with men who are married or have girlfriends.

I have absolutely no idea why this is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I can relate but with men who are married or have girlfriends.

I have absolutely no idea why this is.

This is bizzare. Like are they self aware at all. What are they? Some sort of prize they feel compelled to share around? Get out ta fock.
    Years ago, an aul lad my mothers age wrote to me on Facebook. I was 20. Having an amazing summer binge drinking on a beach in San Diego. "Take it you're abroad. Would love to be there having some hot fun". The thoughts of it would be enough to want to sew yourself together. Yack!!

Of course I'm not one to mince my words when I get going so I unleash a tirade of crazy at him and I get the whole "I'm sorry I was being stupid, my wife is X Y Z", only for he had a child I'd have printed off the messages and given them to her. Met him in my dads local a few months later. Pointed him out to my dad. "There's the pervert that wanted to cheat on his wife with me dad". My father trying to tell me to shut up, or at least say it quieter. He used to keep his head down when he'd meet me out after that.

I wonder is it an ego boost. They might think "I'm not single but I bet I can pull this nice chungwan". Or maybe it's the excitement of it. They know what they are doing is wrong but that makes it all the more appealing.

To be honest I think men and women who are that way inclined aren't content with their current partners. About four years ago I met this man who I became crazy about. After about four months it transpired that he was married. After Christmas I got chatting with this other fella. Turned out he was another lying shít.

Then there are the ones in pubs. Feck off home to your wives. Sort your lives out and stop bothering me.

Yeah, a woman should be grateful for any attention she may receive on a night out. All attention should be welcome. "You look good". I know. "Stuck up bitch!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Smile, it may not happen.
    I can't smile. It literally just happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I wonder is it an ego boost. They might think "I'm not single but I bet I can pull this nice chungwan". Or maybe it's the excitement of it. They know what they are doing is wrong but that makes it all the more appealing.

To be honest I think men and women who are that way inclined aren't content with their current partners. About four years ago I met this man who I became crazy about. After about four months it transpired that he was married. After Christmas I got chatting with this other fella. Turned out he was another lying shít.

Then there are the ones in pubs. Feck off home to your wives. Sort your lives out and stop bothering me.

And you think I'm mad when I says most people's end up cheating....
    :-/

I know couples who the other half knows each other cheats and kinda gloss over it than face up to it

• Advertisement

I know couples who the other half knows each other cheats and kinda gloss over it than face up to it

You'd never cheat would you Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Unlikely....ya have to be in a couple not single to cheat :P :pac:

Though the effort of that...

You're thinking in very black and white terms :)

I've experienced married men acting the gobshíte but that doesn't mean all men and women who are in relationships cheat.

Well those children I'm sure had a lucky escape with an attitude like yours.

I'm sure they did as I wouldn't have cared less about them. Sorry to spoil the illusion of everyone in the world holding hands and singing hymns, but I didn't want that at that age in my life. She was also adamant that her sole desire on pof was to meet a man "who could buy her son tackies" (her words, not mine). **** that.. To put it bluntly

I'm sure they did as I wouldn't have cared less about them. Sorry to spoil the illusion of everyone in the world holding hands and singing hymns, but I didn't want that at that age in my life. She was also adamant that her sole desire on pof was to meet a man "who could buy her son tackies" (her words, not mine). **** that.. To put it bluntly

I'm atheist so I don't subscribe to the school of hymn singing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to date a single parent. I totally get that. It was the way you described how you felt about it which came across really badly.

I'm atheist so I don't subscribe to the school of hymn singing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to date a single parent. I totally get that. It was the way you described how you felt about it which came across really badly.

I likely put it across in a bad manner and that wasn't my intention. I was referring to a personal experience where the female made it explicitly clear she wanted a new full wallet for spoiling her child and not a boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I think it was more the derogatory terminology that caused offence than what chapter of your life you were at.

Now back to our feature presentation. A unicorn sh1tting skittles! Stay tuned....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Where I hang out in real life (increasingly feminised profession during the day, and "girly" extreme sport at night) I meet a lot of women who are out without a man. Those I'd rate as "really great" are almost invariably married, engaged or in long-term stable relationships. I've come to the conclusion that they're actually just very much in love with their SO and not at all threatened by someone else also making them feel good for a few hours.

Having said that, I met a "really great" girl on Saturday night who's still single. Unfortunately, she skidaddled off back to Switzerland at 2 in the morning before I could invite her to breakfast. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Where I hang out in real life (increasingly feminised profession during the day, and "girly" extreme sport at night) I meet a lot of women who are out without a man. Those I'd rate as "really great" are almost invariably married, engaged or in long-term stable relationships. I've come to the conclusion that they're actually just very much in love with their SO and not at all threatened by someone else also making them feel good for a few hours.

Having said that, I met a "really great" girl on Saturday night who's still single. Unfortunately, she skidaddled off back to Switzerland at 2 in the morning before I could invite her to breakfast. :(

That's always the way. They're either married or they feck off to Switzerland. :( Or in my case it was Lithuania, which was a shame because she was stunning.

I don't think I've ever dated a guy who had to leave the country. That would suck.
    Oh well there was someone who worked in the UK and was home for a Christmas. But he wasn't so great. He had more oestrogen than me. I found myself wanting to say far too many times "man the fück up". And I'm a compassionate woman who totally understands the perils of living but this guy was ridiculous. He was in his mid thirties and still tied to mammy.

• Advertisement

... who had to leave the country.

:eek:

Echoes of 1950s (or 1990s) Ireland there!

:pac:

:eek:

Echoes of 1950s (or 1990s) Ireland there!

:pac:

I have taken all choice from the mens with that statement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I don't think I've ever dated a guy who had to leave the country. That would suck.
    Oh well there was someone who worked in the UK and was home for a Christmas. But he wasn't so great. He had more oestrogen than me. I found myself wanting to say far too many times "man the fück up". And I'm a compassionate woman who totally understands the perils of living but this guy was ridiculous. He was in his mid thirties and still tied to mammy.

I had a few years where I seemed to attract the travelling romantic. One married who I fell badly for, returned to Poland, one south african, one Lithuanian, one Irish who left to the UK, another polish who kept coming back periodically and a girl who claimed to be from Switzerland but was clearly African and knew nothing about Switzerland. (That one helped me catastrophically break a set of bunk beds in a hostel in Dublin before leaving me there to face the music! Cost me a fortune)

Good years, the married one broke me for a while though.

FortySeven wrote: »

Good years, the married one broke me for a while though.

I used to think different men had broken my heart. Then my mam got sick and other things happened and I realised I hadn't a clue about heartache.

'Spose I need to find the one who'll be attracted to the travelling romantic, seeing as I'm the one who's never around for long. :(

The notion of a girl in every port is all very well in theory, but reality doesn't live up to the expectations, so I keep hoping that I eventually cross paths with someone who uses the same online event-finder as me.

'Spose I need to find the one who'll be attracted to the travelling romantic, seeing as I'm the one who's never around for long. :(

The notion of a girl in every port is all very well in theory, but reality doesn't live up to the expectations, so I keep hoping that I eventually cross paths with someone who uses the same online event-finder as me.

Maybe slow down from being the man in every port? :)

That was the plan ten years ago, but then the then MrsCR upped and left. Unfortunately, I've recently, somewhat accidentally, found myself gainful employment doing well-paying jobs the French are too stubborn to do, which also allows me to get right out of my village (population 400) and meet real people.

(and as it happens, my hobby is shared by other "travelling romantics" so we do tend to find each other at opposite ends of the country - but so far they're always the married ones. :( One of these days ... )

(and in the end, three or four hours meeting people in a field in the middle of nowhere beats four hours sitting at home staring at OKC or PoF! :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    What is love? Who knows!? It's different for everyone. I'm sure some believe it doesn't exist, others believe they've experienced it and others probably have. I haven't a clue myself to be perfectly honest.

It's an emotional ride that touches every fibre of your body,a chemical that can send you high or low,moody or excitable,happy and sad.
    Finding the right person is hard,very hard but when you do find the one,you will know in your heart of hearts they are special.
    One thing I've realised is that when you truly love someone then breaking up is hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

That was the plan ten years ago, but then the then MrsCR upped and left. Unfortunately, I've recently, somewhat accidentally, found myself gainful employment doing well-paying jobs the French are too stubborn to do, which also allows me to get right out of my village (population 400) and meet real people.

(and as it happens, my hobby is shared by other "travelling romantics" so we do tend to find each other at opposite ends of the country - but so far they're always the married ones. :( One of these days ... )

(and in the end, three or four hours meeting people in a field in the middle of nowhere beats four hours sitting at home staring at OKC or PoF! :pac: )
    There's plenty of fish in the sea just so long as you don't end up making a cod of yourself on that website.
    :D

• Advertisement

Hagar7 wrote: »
    There's plenty of fish in the sea just so long as you don't end up making a cod of yourself on that website.
    :D

Here is your coat :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement