Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Hagar7 wrote: »
    There's plenty of fish in the sea just so long as you don't end up making a cod of yourself on that website.
    :D

Or a pollock. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

maudgonner wrote: »

Or a bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

Just noticed this thread has reached 151 pages,maybe Boards.IE should have a 'Lovers Lane ' in which posters can start a wee 'cuddle up' to each other,love often starts in the place you'd never think of.

Here is your coat :D
    maudgonner wrote: »

Those jokes are absolutely carp.

What did you say her name was again Tom..:D

• Advertisement

I think I might start up a kind of dating guru business from this thread. I'll be like Will Smith in that film Hitch!

Persepoly's Palace of Love.

:p

I think I might start up a kind of dating guru business from this thread. I'll be like Will Smith in that film Hitch!

I'd be like Sean Connery, rugged voice,shove brylcreem on my napper,a Scotch on the Rox,shaken not shtirred of course and I'd play "Donald what's yer troosers" on my record player,

*whaurs*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Here is your coat :D

He doesn't deserve his coat. Let the f**ker freeze to death for that one.

Witchie wrote: »

So harsh Witchie! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Have any of ye met in RL? Would you not consider a beers night? Maybe no romance involved, but a few might make some proper friendships that could develop.....I'm sorry if this has already been suggested or happened...I'm a newish follower :)

Witchie wrote: »
    :D
    17F75297-ADFA-4E80-9773-917FA0D362DE_zpshub2bolz.gif

Have any of ye met in RL? Would you not consider a beers night? Maybe no romance involved, but a few might make some proper friendships that could develop.....I'm sorry if this has already been suggested or happened...I'm a newish follower :)

That's not a bad idea Felix. I might put the feelers out. So to speak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The Online Dating Group do beers, best bet would probably be to piggy-back on their next ones. Bigger group, more craic, etc.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The Online Dating Group do beers, best bet would probably be to piggy-back on their next ones. Bigger group, more craic, etc.

No. We are the most craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Sounds like a cute brothel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There would be After Hours meet ups from time to time, it's probably time for someone to sort out another one.

*cough* Galway *cough* suits and fancy dresses *cough* *cough*

*cough* Galway *cough* suits and fancy dresses *cough* *cough*

Suits and fancy dress? People need to feel comfortable and at ease you know :)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There would be After Hours meet ups from time to time, it's probably time for someone to sort out another one.

Who does the sorting Mr Baps? Do one of you guys create a sticky and a poll?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So party in boneyarse's Galway bedroom in fancy dress or where clothes are optional?

We actually did it a while back.. can't remember if it was for AH or the Gentlemen's Club.. but all the men wore suits and all the women wore fancy dresses and everyone had fun. Obviously nobody had to, but the ones that did put in a tonne of effort!
    So party in boneyarse's Galway bedroom in fancy dress or where clothes are optional?

I'm OK with the sound of this orgy.

Sure we'll go with the clothes optional choice.

We actually did it a while back.. can't remember if it was for AH or the Gentlemen's Club.. but all the men wore suits and all the women wore fancy dresses and everyone had fun. Obviously nobody had to, but the ones that did put in a tonne of effort!

I'm OK with the sound of this orgy.

I just think it might be unnecessary pressure. Some of the more shy among us could be put off by that.

I just think it might be unnecessary pressure. Some of the more shy among us could be put off by that.

Oh, it was made clear that if you didn't want to dress up then you didn't have to. And nothing was said to those that didn't. Sure, was just a suggestion because it was quite successful last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I don't have a fancy dress but I do have a fancy t-shirt that hides the curry stains very well.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I don't have a fancy dress but I do have a fancy t-shirt that hides the curry stains very well.

Is it a tuxedo t-shirt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Online dating is grand if you can't talk to people in real life, I suppose. My friend David tells me it's "cheaper than hiring a prostitute" as well so it has that going for it too.

this guy Dave has a lot of friends who quote him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Is it a tuxedo t-shirt?

Ha! You must think me a fierce classy bird.

No, it's my Don't Care Bears t-shirt.

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/dont-care-bears.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't know what the regular posters of this thread think about having a beers, let alone the type and location.

If it's an After Hours beers then someone can make a thread and throw out suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement