Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Yeah, we can definitely do without out that rubbish....it should be 10:1
    :D

You know it'll just end up being me and you daring each other to go up to your wan at the bar before absconding to the nearest gentleman's club

Right this is what I'm going to do.

I'll sort out a sticky to put at the top of this thread regarding a night out. In it I'll put down Dublin, Cork, Galway as possible locations and a few dates to pick from. It will be impossible to suit everyone of course so we'll see how we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Right this is what I'm going to do.

I'll sort out a sticky to put at the top of this thread regarding a night out. In it I'll put down Dublin, Cork, Galway as possible locations and a few dates to pick from. It will be impossible to suit everyone of course so we'll see how we go.

Just a suggestion :)
    What about trying to get a summer AH beers going and meet up from this thread at it(widens the amount of people who would attend)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Can I organise the pre drinks?! :D

Roophie cocktails anyone?

Giggedy!

FortySeven wrote: »
    Roophie cocktails anyone?

Giggedy!

You're another one off the list :p

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    And this is where the clique comes to the surface. If you're having a private beers, discuss it in private, if its an open beers leave it open to everyone.

Exactly why I've been mentioning about having an actual boards beers or one that is hosted within specific forums. Absolutely none of the ones I've been to have been cliquey and I've been to a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

Collie D wrote: »
    As a huge believer in women's lib may I suggest a gender quota? Five women to a man? :)
    I :D at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What about Monopoly? Nobody has mentioned Monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pac1Man wrote: »

Great game but usually ends up with a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Pac1Man wrote: »

Awwww Monopoly!!! Yesssssss!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Great game but usually ends up with a row.

No rows needed if I'm playing. I always win. :)

Right. Beers. Will I open a thread or what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Nothing wrong with it, you come across freaks, weirdos & absolute c**** but you can meet the very odd genuine nice person too!

(& yes I've I been called all by my ex, oh how I miss her.......)

EICVD wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it, you come across freaks, weirdos & absolute c**** but you can meet the very odd genuine nice person too!

(& yes I've I been called all by my ex, oh how I miss her.......)

I have found it to be the other way around. Lots of genuinely lovely people interspersed with the odd strange person. Then again we are all strange and weird in our own little way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Aye open it up and see what happens but maybe encourage it as a singles night.....that probably means 99% anyway.

On the subject of going out, anyone fancy going to see The Eskies and Mongrel State in the Button Factory on the 3rd of June? Seems am going on my ownsome as usual but a guy I know through Mongrel State will be there so won't be a total loner. (Putting that in so no one feels guilted into accompanying me!)

Witchie wrote: »
    Aye open it up and see what happens but maybe encourage it as a singles night.....that probably means 99% anyway.

On the subject of going out, anyone fancy going to see The Eskies and Mongrel State in the Button Factory on the 3rd of June? Seems am going on my ownsome as usual but a guy I know through Mongrel State will be there so won't be a total loner. (Putting that in so no one feels guilted into accompanying me!)

If I start a thread on After Hours suggesting a beers night but specifying that it's a singles night then that wouldn't be very inclusive of the rest of the forum.

I don't like cliques and I really don't want this thread to turn in to one. So I'm in danger of backseat modding here but I'm going to suggest we use pm's for any kind of meet up that just includes the posters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah, I think keep it so as it includes everyone. I actually like this thread but would have no interest personally going to a singles night. Awks.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Been trying one of the paid sites recently (thankfully I got it real cheap), just so most of the time wasters will (hopefully) be weeded out.

Received a smile from one girl a while back. I figured this might be her way of letting me know she'd like to start a chat. Nope!. I sent a simple enough message, asking about one of her hobbies as we had some common interests.... and stonewalled. No response so I'm left scratching my head a little about this whole thing. I know nobody is entitled to a response on these things but you would think receiving something like that would be a signal to engage in conversation.

Sent out my fair share of messages too with no responses which is grand, used to that anyway. Good thing there's still real life meeting with people to balance this whole OD malarkey

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I got a message from a lady to which I replied with thanks but don't think it would work, she replied saying, no worries effectively.
    Later that day I uploaded my first picture. Next thing I received a mail from previous lady saying "I see you uploaded a pic. You're not my type anyway".
    Self-esteem is somewhere 3 floors below me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I got a message from a lady to which I replied with thanks but don't think it would work, she replied saying, no worries effectively.
    Later that day I uploaded my first picture. Next thing I received a mail from previous lady saying "I see you uploaded a pic. You're not my type anyway".

WTF

Ignore her....you said ya not interested and she gets nasty....fcuk that

Why would anyone bother msging someone again who's not interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

LOL what a bitter cow, I would take that message with a pinch of salt really. Im sure she still finds you attractive but just wanted to bring you down a peg because she was insecure after her rejection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ignatius in bloom

Why would your self esteem be affected? She was just waiting for the opportunity to get a dig in and nothing else! Sadly when you reject some people you get abuse. Happened me twice yesterday I don't care just move on.

To be honest I would rather receive no reply than a thanks but no thanks. I've often sent messages and received nothing back. That's grand. It means they aren't interested. I wouldn't like to be all excited seeing the username in my in box and then oh it's just him letting me know I'm not his type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

"Im not surprised I'm not your type, you're slugging it out in the 3rd division"

Lots of fake ages on pof lately what's the story with that? do they go on dates and then like Beadles about surprise you? Mind boggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

She probably would have said that no matter if you uploaded a pic of Tom Hardy, it's a pure dig. Can't handle rejection and had a delayed reaction or was just waiting for an opportunity. Don't let a stupid petty bitch like that affect you.

Her horrible personality has no bearing on your attractiveness, it's her problem. And didn't you do well to reject her.

"Im not surprised I'm not your type, you're slugging it out in the 3rd division"

Rejection is one thing but rejection from a tool is cruel!!

Jaysus come on. Cow? Petty bitch? Sure she handled herself badly but I doubt any of us are exceptional daters complete with a 100% zen like ability to handle everything life throws at us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Jaysus come on. Cow? Petty bitch? Sure she handled herself badly but I doubt any of us are exceptional daters complete with a 100% zen like ability to handle everything life throws at us.

Being honest...whatever her thinking it to herself....

But it was only pure nastiness had her to message someone who's not her type

• Advertisement

Err tough **** we all get rejected and move on! She was those things because she made a point to mail a person that nicely said they were not interested and tried to put them down for no other reason than bruised pride. She seems nasty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement