Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Your loss, think of all that potential acreage you could get a slice of!

I don't care for his acreage as long as he has trouser frontage.
    cantdecide wrote: »
    Joined Tinder a couple of days ago. Had two matches so far; let's say I got more conversation out of the bot. I think the app is broke. Yeah, that's it. That, or I'm hideous and boring.... I'm not hideous and boring right? Right?.... Anyone?

I cantdecide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Im taking a break from it, fed up of it all.

Rule #1 keep your expectations as low as a pregnant snake and you won't be disappointed.
    Tinder can suck my balls!

Wow, the paid app suddenly seems like it might be worth it.

Witchie wrote: »
    I cantdecide.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If all else fails, check out the personals section of the Farmers Journal
    "Must send picture of tractor."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Joined Tinder a couple of days ago. Had two matches so far; let's say I got more conversation out of the bot. I think the app is broke. Yeah, that's it. That, or I'm hideous and boring.... I'm not hideous and boring right? Right?.... Anyone?
    Definitely not boring anyway.. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I got a message from a lady to which I replied with thanks but don't think it would work, she replied saying, no worries effectively.
    Later that day I uploaded my first picture. Next thing I received a mail from previous lady saying "I see you uploaded a pic. You're not my type anyway".
    Self-esteem is somewhere 3 floors below me.

That's a really horrible message to send to anyone but you are looking at this completely the wrong way. She obviously liked your fabulous self enough to be disappointed that you weren't interested. Changing your picture was an excuse, sounds like she was waiting for a reason to try and put you down to pathetically make herself feel better.

I'm not for one second defending her but I've received a few insulting messages after not responding to a guys first message saying that I'm ugly or too old for them anyways. I mostly think it's hilarious as they were obviously interested to message in the first place but I remember getting one when I wasn't feeling great and really taking it to heart which is silly as they are a random stranger and sure I'm fabulous :D :pac:

Hope you are feeling better now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

The dreaded view and no reply. Not good for the self esteem haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tinder can suck my balls!

Im taking a break from it, fed up of it all.

I reckon a lot go on Tinder for that exact reason...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I don't get Tinder at all. I've been on it about 5 months now and I've had 2 matches in total. I really don't think it's a site that is good for the old self esteem. I'm much happier using the likes of okcupid and pof where at least you get to know a bit more about the person than just superficial pictures.

Online dating in Limerick sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Silverman. wrote: »

You just can't focus on that. It may not be because you're not good looking it could be because of your age, ethnicity, your height, how your personality comes across, how/what you wrote on your page, your body shape,how far away you live from them,what you're looking for, your gender even..theres a multitude of reasons why somebody mightn't be into you that you just can't do anything about. And online people are even more fussy, so if you want to date online you need to grow a VERY thick skin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

panda100 wrote: »
    I don't get Tinder at all. I've been on it about 5 months now and I've had 2 matches in total. I really don't think it's a site that is good for the old self esteem. I'm much happier using the likes of okcupid and pof where at least you get to know a bit more about the person than just superficial pictures.

Online dating in Limerick sucks.

Its not good anywhere in Ireland, we just don't have huge dense population centres where lots of people use online dating in this country

• Advertisement

I got a message from a lady to which I replied with thanks but don't think it would work, she replied saying, no worries effectively.
    Later that day I uploaded my first picture. Next thing I received a mail from previous lady saying "I see you uploaded a pic. You're not my type anyway".
    Self-esteem is somewhere 3 floors below me.

There's a fair amount of those type out there. Messaging a girl and she was all about meeting up and when it got to when we were about to meet up, no reply. Eventually she got back to me saying she had got back with her ex. Said grand, it was sucky but it happens. She replies to say that she was sorry for having messed me around, but it's online dating and doesn't everyone do it?

Made me really think if it is the case ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Feicin' Invisible Visitors... :/ Go forth and Reveal Yourself (ves)!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Makes you wonder how often you are unaware of being checked out while out and about in the real world.

You're not going to be attractive to every person. Just remind yourself that you will come across profiles that don't interest you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Remember, it's all just a numbers game. Even if there is initial attraction, proper connection and attraction is not guaranteed.

What I don't get is when a lot of women say that they are looking for a genuine guy or someone that can make them laugh and are sick of jerks after one thing etc and they blank you. I would never be angry but surely a conversation wouldn't hurt.

What I don't get is when a lot of women say that they are looking for a genuine guy or someone that can make them laugh and are sick of jerks after one thing etc and they blank you. Its their decision of course but it always gives off the impression thats not what they want.

Like I said you are not going to appeal to every single woman. I'm sure you would like to meet a lovely woman who could make you laugh. Does that mean you will chat with the first one that comes along? Regardless of your attraction towards her?

What I don't get is when a lot of women say that they are looking for a genuine guy or someone that can make them laugh and are sick of jerks after one thing etc and they blank you. I would never be angry but surely a conversation wouldn't hurt.

A conversation wouldn't hurt but what's the point if you aren't interested in that person?

I just don't understand this outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Remember, it's all just a numbers game. Even if there is initial attraction, proper connection and attraction is not guaranteed.

Also remember it's easy to dismiss profiles of people that you could fall for if you met in some other context first. Some days you're the dismissee but on others, you're the dismisser.

Online dating has major limitations and it's hard to not take it personally but it is very important to remember it's usually no reflection on an individual's traits or character.
    A conversation wouldn't hurt but what's the point if you aren't interested in that person?

Yes. Remind oneself that the person is not interested in an online dating context and move on.

Like I said you are not going to appeal to every single woman. I'm sure you would like to meet a lovely woman who could make you laugh. Does that mean you will chat with the first one that comes along? Regardless of your attraction towards her?

I know what ya mean but its constantly being blanked yano. I think online dating is a waste of time for guys, I'm only on it cos I'm not fit to get out meeting woven that often ATM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah seriously, the perfect man (if there is such a thing) would be a mix of what appeals looks wise and personality wise. I'd hate to think I was sleeping with someone who was just sleeping with me because I was sound af. But a complete double bagger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

But a complete double bagger

I had to look this up! :)

I know what ya mean but its constantly being blanked yano. I think online dating is a waste of time for guys, I'm only on it cos I'm not fit to get out meeting woven that often ATM.

If you aren't fit to get out and meet women in real life then how will you meet a woman who you get chatting to online?

I know how disheartening it can be to have no luck. I've been there. But I don't measure my worth against how many online messages I receive. So I just move on secure in the knowledge that I'm not going to be everyone's cup of tea. That's ok because I'd rather be someone's shot of absinthe :p

Maybe work on your Self-esteem a bit first.

Also remember it's easy to dismiss profiles of people that you could fall for if you met in some other context first. Some days you're the dismissee but on others, you're the dismisser.

Online dating has major limitations and it's hard to not take it personally but it is very important to remember it's usually no reflection on an individual's traits or character.

Yes. Remind oneself that the person is not interested in an online dating context and move on.

How do you mean? If they spied you standing at a bar would that be any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

That's what boards is for....talking shtie

That would be a fair point if it was a one off but ya have to understand that it is constant messaging followed by nothing. At this stage, I dont even expect a reply (doesn't affect my effort in writing a message though)

That's what boards is for....talking shtie

I have to say I do like a bit of the auld shíte talk.

Tom you had better come to the beers so I can bend the ear off ya! :p

That would be a fair point if it was a one off but ya have to understand that it is constant messaging followed by nothing. At this stage, I dont even expect a reply (doesn't affect my effort in writing a message though)

I wonder is it something about your profile. Do you mind me asking what site you use?

If you aren't fit to get out and meet women in real life then how will you meet a woman who you get chatting to online?

It was meant that I have no way to meet women in person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I have to say I do like a bit of the auld shíte talk.

Tom you had better come to the beers so I can bend the ear off ya! :p

Hahaha...il try :P

Though I don't do well in very social situations so Emm :(

Intrigued to see where it'll be on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement