Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

How do you mean? If they spied you standing at a bar would that be any different?

Possibly- liking someone's body language for example but I mainly mean in the context of getting to know someone through a friend, or from work or meeting at a party. Just because someone dismisses you in the context of online dating because you're not photogenic or because one of you has made some misguided profile errors shouldn't mean much to ones self worth. OD is just a platform and has limitations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

I wonder is it something about your profile. Do you mind me asking what site you use?

POF. I've had someone actually do up my profile for me on Boards.ie after I showed it to them.
    I'm trying to get physically fit cos that seems to be all women in their 20's want nowadays. (Sadly not joking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Silverman, without sounding harsh, that's on you not a random woman. You can't go around like eeyore from Winnie the Pooh and expect women to throw themselves at you because you feel like you can't get out and about much.

What do you need to do to make things happen for yourself? What would you need to improve? I don't know you so I can't answer.

If I were single and struggling to find a relationship, taking a good look at myself now -- let's see, off putting things.
    - dramaqueen
    - moody
    - quick tempered
    - stubborn
    - unpredictable

What mans going to put up with those dramatics before getting to know me? Nobody. I'd need to sort myself out, keep calm, stop getting myself worked up for no reason etc etc, rather than think everyone else had a problem with me when it's not true.

If you're finding it hard to meet people out and about, why is that?
    What could you do to be a little more confident?
    Recognise your strengths and your weakness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Silverman. wrote: »
    POF. I've had someone actually do up my profile for me on Boards.ie after I showed it to them.
    I'm trying to get physically fit cos that seems to be all women in their 20's want nowadays. (Sadly not joking)

A really bad reason to get fit/change anything to impress someone else...(like how long would ya keep it up)

If you like/enjoy it go for it (you prob will)...but never be a second rate version of someone else

You see a lot of people who get pure into it and then end up with someone and let themselves go...why??

cantdecide wrote: »
    Possibly- liking someone's body language for example but I mainly mean in the context of getting to know someone through a friend, or from work or meeting at a party. Just because someone dismisses you in the context of online dating because you're not photogenic or because one of you has made some misguided profile errors shouldn't mean much to ones self worth. OD is just a platform and has limitations.

None of it, meeting in real life or online should have any impact on a person's self worth.

And that's at the core of all of this. Your attitude, how you view yourself, how you sell yourself, the type of language you use, all of that being positive is dependent on your self-esteem. If that's low or fragile then dating and relationships are going to be very difficult.

• Advertisement

Silverman, without sounding harsh, that's on you not a random woman. You can't go around like eeyore from Winnie the Pooh and expect women to throw themselves at you because you feel like you can't get out and about much.

Thats unfair. Not once did I say I expected them to throw themselves at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I know what ya mean but its constantly being blanked yano. I think online dating is a waste of time for guys, I'm only on it cos I'm not fit to get out meeting woven that often ATM.

Silverman I wouldn't take it personally at all if u don't get reply's to your messages, people have plenty of reasons for not replying, might not be in the right mind for dating, might have decided not to do online anymore but their profile is still active.

I don't think I'm suited to online really at all, I've attempted it a tiny bit but I can't seem to figure out what the other person is like or then I wouldn't be the most confident person as well either so I'd have my own doubts going on as well.

You need to build yourself up Silverman and I don't mean physically.

Slow down with the looking for love. Work on yourself and concentrate on the things that make you happy.

Thats unfair. Not once did I say I expected them to throw themselves at me.

Insinuating women in their 20s want physically fit men "sadly true" and judging them for same is unfair. You obviously want women in their 20s. You can't help who you're attracted to. You can't blame other people for that. It is what it is.

I am in my 20's and I have observed countless women (friends, acquaintances etc) drooling over guys that are in physically good shape even though they treat them like crap.

• Advertisement

But that's what they're attracted to? Are they obliged to settle for someone they don't find appealing just to be treated with respect?

Would you date a 55 year old woman if you were both each other's types and she would treat you well?

But that's what they're attracted to? Are they obliged to settle for someone they don't find appealing just to be treated with respect?
    That's what I'm saying, its sad that a woman would let herself be disrespected just to be with someone like that.
    Would you date a 55 year old woman if you were both each other's types and she would treat you well?

Cop on, theres no comparison there.

Why not? Why is it ok for you to have certain standards but shallow of women to have certain standards?

Not all physically fit 20 something year olds are disrespectful. It's an unfair representation.

Why not? Why is it ok for you to have certain standards but shallow of women to have certain standards?

Sorry what standards did I said I had?

Sorry what standards did I said I had?

20odd year old women

20odd year old women

Ah would you cop on, I'm in my 20's thats why I said that.

And are the women you're interested in physically fit?

What type of woman would you like to meet Silverman?

And are the women you're interested in physically fit?

No. I never said that.

What type of woman would you like to meet Silverman?

Mainly a woman that's mad craic and just a joy to be around.

• Advertisement

No. I never said that.

Okay. I'm not getting into it anymore than I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Ye should go on First Dates Ireland lads ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Ye should go on First Dates Ireland lads ;)

Oh god, its bad enough trying to get the person on the date to like you, nevermind with the whole of Ireland watching, ending up on Joe.ie the next day because of something stupid you might have said , and it turning into a hashtag on Twitter!

Oh god, its bad enough trying to get the person on the date to like you, nevermind with the whole of Ireland watching, ending up on Joe.ie the next day because of something stupid you might have said , and it turning into a hashtag on Twitter!

Ah sure you might be a secret comedic genius that the nation will love though!

I was very close to submitting an application for the next series myself, more to do with people pushing me to do it rather than me being willing to do it. I'd love to do it for the craic as blind dates are brilliant but I don't trust my mouth in the company of alcohol and a woman and having that televised could end up with my mother getting a heart attack!

I would actually like to go on it, just to see who their team of matchmakers paired me up with, would be interesting!

Yer man from Cork who was on this weeks episode, jasus there was something seriously attractive about him. I wish I were on that date!

I would actually like to go on it, just to see who their team of matchmakers paired me up with, would be interesting!

Yer man from Cork who was on this weeks episode, jasus there was something seriously attractive about him. I wish I were on that date!

It's because he was from Cork, we're all like that :p

Ah but na, he was very smooth to be fair.

I was accepted as a background dater on first dates Ireland but chickened out haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I was accepted as a background dater on first dates Ireland but chickened out haha

Would it have been a blind date????

Would it have been a blind date????

Yeah, exact same as the ones on camera just not recorded. Like the ones around the couples that are focused on.

• Advertisement

Yeah, exact same as the ones on camera just not recorded. Like the ones around the couples that are focused on.

Thats interesting. How/why do they pick certain people for the camera then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement