Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

Must be just from their application. I'm sure some would say they will make 'good TV' etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    It's because he was from Cork, we're all like that :p

Ah but na, he was very smooth to be fair.

He was indeed very suave. Just rale calm and cool. Gimme a slice please!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

He was indeed very suave. Just rale calm and cool. Gimme a slice please!

I don't know the guy and didn't see the show. However, I do know his former boss quite well and he doesn't have much good to say about his character or morals. He called the dater "just unbelievable".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cantdecide wrote: »
    I don't know the guy and didn't see the show. However...
    Why post this?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Why post this?

What do you think my agenda is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What do you think my agenda is?
    I never said, and don't think, that you have an agenda. However, I think the content is insensitive wrt the guy and potentially embarrassing to the original source.

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Online dating is a complete waste of time if you're not good looking.

I don't know the guy and didn't see the show. However, I do know his former boss quite well and he doesn't have much good to say about his character or morals. He called the dater "just unbelievable".

He could be a lovely lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I don't know this guys former boss. However I do know this other guy quite well who knows the former boss and he doesn't have much good to say about his character or morals. He said of the former boss "he's unbelievable how he loves to begrudge anyone".

Am I doing it right? :rolleyes:

Esel wrote: »
    I never said, and don't think, that you have an agenda. However, I think the content is insensitive wrt the guy and potentially embarrassing to the original source.

What I said is and was intended to be accepted as hearsay. I did qualify the statement as such and if you knew the full context of "his boss", you'd see it would be almost impossible to trace it to that individual.

All I've said is that going by what I was told by someone whose opinion personally, I would reasonably trust is that I wouldn't like this guy dating someone close to me.
    Andre 3000 wrote: »
    I don't know this guys former boss. However I do know this other guy quite well who knows the former boss and he doesn't have much good to say about his character or morals. He said of the former boss "he's unbelievable how he loves to begrudge anyone".

Am I doing it right? :rolleyes:

What's my agenda?
    He could be a lovely lad!

Very possibly.

• Advertisement

Online dating is a complete waste of time if you're not good looking.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

It's great to think that ya only need to find that special someone and all this crap about online dating and regular dating will be over. Its a good thing it's not a numbers game cos I would seriously be losing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

If I were single and struggling to find a relationship, taking a good look at myself now -- let's see, off putting things.
    - dramaqueen
    - moody
    - quick tempered
    - stubborn
    - unpredictable

What mans going to put up with those dramatics before getting to know me? Nobody. I'd need to sort myself out, keep calm, stop getting myself worked up for no reason etc etc, rather than think everyone else had a problem with me when it's not true.
    Me,I married a woman just like that.:mad:

HunnyBunch,if you're reading this I'm only jesting.......honest.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

bubblypop wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Hic,true dat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

What I said is and was intended to be accepted as hearsay. I did qualify the statement as such and if you knew the full context of "his boss", you'd see it would be almost impossible to trace it to that individual.

All I've said is that going by what I was told by someone whose opinion personally, I would reasonably trust is that I wouldn't like this guy dating someone close to me.

Ok im back to not wanting to be on the show anymore! People you may have wronged in the past could be watching. All your skeletons would probably start coming out of the closet! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

First dates are nerve wrecking enough without having it televised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Went on a first date Thurs night, and got some very mixed signals..

Date went grand, chatted away, got on good, had food and a few drinks.

I left her home... we kissed in the car and things escalated slightly (let's just say she shook hands with the president) while we waited on her friend returning as they were going away for the weekend on Friday morning...

I have not heard from her since!? Other than a snapchat; she never replied to my whatsapp on Thurs night... I find that really weird. I've been ghosted (and been the "ghoster" myself) before and I would normally just say ah feck it and move on but never has it happened in this manner #confused

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

armaghlad wrote: »

I left her home... we kissed in the car and things escalated slightly (let's just say she shook hands with the president) while we waited on her friend returning as they were going away for the weekend on Friday morning...

I have not heard from her since!? Other than a snapchat; she never replied to my whatsapp on Thurs night... I find that really weird. I've been ghosted (and been the "ghoster" myself) before and I would normally just say ah feck it and move on but never has it happened in this manner #confused

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Went on a first date...

....we kissed in the car and things escalated (let's just say she shook hands with the president)...

...... I have not heard from her since!?

She sounds perfect. Can I have her number if you're done with it? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Give her a text asking how she's doing. She may have been busy. if she doesn't reply, well at least you got a **** :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I left her home... we kissed in the car and things escalated slightly (let's just say she shook hands with the president)

I have not heard from her since!?

Maybe she was hoping for the President and ended up with the Press Secretary?

Sorry! :pac:

Do many women here, send messages first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Silverman. wrote: »

I don't do online dating anymore as I'm in a 3 year relationship, but I certainly did send messages first. I think most women in this thread do.

And in my experience, I got about as many rejections as I did responses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I was on online dating things, I never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DipDab93

I have tried it and would probably try it again but I tend to get messages from a lot of creepy people.

Yep.

I'm clearly an acquired taste though, judging by the lack of responses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

I have no problem with sending the first message at all.

I think if your a woman in your 30's or older, you have more confidence to send the first message. Not many women in their 20's ever seem to message first but that could just be with me, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

I think if your a woman in your 30's or older, you have more confidence to send the first message. Not many women in their 20's ever seem to message first but that could just be with me, I dunno.

I don't think it's an age thing. I think it's how people think. At first, I was too nervous to send the first message but now, if I see someone I like and I want to chat with them, I just think the worst they can do is not reply :/

I'm in my 20s btw

• Advertisement

KikiDee wrote:
    I don't think it's an age thing. I think it's how people think. At first, I was too nervous to send the first message but now, if I see someone I like and I want to chat with them, I just think the worst they can do is not reply :/

KikiDee wrote:
    I'm in my 20s btw

Well tbh fair play to you, I think it shows confidence to message first, especially for a woman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement