Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

And there in lies the crux.

???

Silverman. wrote: »
    ???

First loves, especially if you still carry a torch for them can be difficult to get past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

But that wasn't an individual incident.
    They could be suited to each other but they may also not be. Who says he's not a jerk either?

She does.

OhHiMark wrote:
    She does.

Hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No I know that but I was just showing that some guys do actually treat women badly even though a lot seem to be challenging that.

And women treat men badly. And to answer your next post, yes you do know her better but you do not know the dynamics of her relationship. What you might think is the perfect relationship might not be her perfect relationship

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

OhHiMark wrote: »

I did not hit her! I did naaaaaat! :D

Its not a secret relationship yano? Also what I do know is that their has been a number of situations that he has not treated her well and that's what I can see.
    Its constant negativity and confrontations with you Lexie so I'm not interested in going on any further about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Its not a secret relationship yano? Also what I do know is that their has been a number of situations that he has not treated her well and that's what I can see.
    Its constant negativity and confrontations with you Lexie so I'm not interested in going on any further about it.

Realistically are you looking it objectively as you said yourself you used be in love with her??

Who's to say she's not as bad...but your glossing over it??

Either way...it clearly works for them...so fcuk it I say Let them at it

I think Lexie is trying to get you to see the bigger picture. Of course we don't know the girl from Adam. Don't worry about other people's relationships because regardless of how much you care or what you perceive to be happening it really isn't your concern.

Realistically are you looking it objectively as you said yourself you used be in love with her??

Who's to say she's not as bad...but your glossing over it??

A few of her friends were the ones that said it first.

• Advertisement

I think Lexie is trying to get you to see the bigger picture. Of course we don't know the girl from Adam. Don't worry about other people's relationships because regardless of how much you care or what you perceive to be happening it really isn't your concern.

But who's says she's not wrong?

You are looking on the outside. You're not going to like him because he has the girl you want. I made the comparrison a page back that though your friends see one side (and used my own relationship as an eg) you don't see the intimate, private, special moments that keep them both together or that keeps the love strong. You see what you want to see, why she wasn't going to stay out without her boyfriend even though she didn't want to go home.

It might well be constant negativity with me, but I'm not your friend and I'm not here to agree your friend has a crap relationship with someone who treats her bad and deserves you to treat her better. That's not how I roll, I'm not here to tell you what you want to hear. Sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A few of her friends were the ones that said it first.

I really don't think it's their business once they've said it once to her

She's an adult...let her live her life...no matter how good/bad ye perceive her relationship to be....it's not yours to change

You are looking on the outside. You're not going to like him because he has the girl you want. I made the comparrison a page back that though your friends see one side (and used my own relationship as an eg) you don't see the intimate, private, special moments that keep them both together or that keeps the love strong. You see what you want to see, why she wasn't going to stay out without her boyfriend even though she didn't want to go home.

It might well be constant negativity with me, but I'm not your friend and I'm not here to agree your friend has a crap relationship with someone who treats her bad and deserves you to treat her better. That's not how I roll, I'm not here to tell you what you want to hear. Sorry about that.

Well for your information, her friends say they same and they are thick as thieves.

Also it genuinely looks like you just love an argument.

But who's says she's not wrong?

Yes but the point is regardless of your friend's relationship, regardless of how difficult it is because you care about her, there is nothing for you to do. Not a thing. Live your life.

I really don't think it's their business once they've said once to her

She's an adult...let her live her life...no matter how good/bad ye perceive her relationship to be....it's not yours to change

But were not saying 'how do we save her'. Nobody is interfering.
    Its the fact that some guys dont treat their women right.

Yes but the point is regardless of your friend's relationship, regardless of how difficult it is because you care about her, there is nothing for you to do. Not a thing. Live your life.

Come on! I didn't say I wanted to do anything. It was an example if women being treated badly by their BF that Lexie then blew up.

Well for your information, her friends say they same and they are thick as thieves.

Also it genuinely looks like you just love an argument.

I'm not one to shy away from an arguement, and I've never stated otherwise.
    Her friends are in the same boat. They see the side she wants them to see.
    Bet his friends would have a completely different set of opinions.

Anyway, I'm done engaging you. Between girls being shallow bitches for finding certain things attractive, and your attitude today about how "nice guys" finish last - I'm jumping off this Pity party express at the next stop.

What is a "nice guy" anyway?

Come on! I didn't say I wanted to do anything. It was an example if women being treated badly by their BF that Lexie then blew up.

My apologies if I misinterpreted you.

Just always remember that you never ever know the intricacies of another's relationship :)

Anyway, I'm done engaging you. Between girls being shallow bitches for finding certain things attractive, and your attitude today about how "nice guys" finish last - I'm jumping off this Pity party express at the next stop.

Not once have I said any of those things.
    What a petty petty person you are.

• Advertisement

I think an auld drop of tae and a few chocolate biscuits are in order?

Come in to my special sitting room. It has stress balls, glass bottles (for throwing, I like that) and hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Not once have I said any of those things.
    What a petty petty person you are.

You don't argue with the straight talking, calling it as it is, no nonsense queens of AH.

You don't argue with the straight talking, calling it as it is, no nonsense queens of AH.

You. In to my sitting room. Hugs on the left. Gin on the right.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I see some lovely lads who are genuinely pleasant people being treated like dirt by their GF'S and often wonder to myself why they stay in that situation.

Yeah I've actually seen this more often than the other way around tbh. I know some lads who are pricks but the women they're with wouldn't exactly be angels either. There's usually a pair of them in it.

Not once did I call women shallow bitches or say nice guys finish last. Shes making things up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I think an auld drop of tae and a few chocolate biscuits are in order?

Come in to my special sitting room. It has stress balls, glass bottles (for throwing, I like that) and hugs.

This. Chill out all, and less of the snide comments please!

It's obvious that we're discussing a polarising topic. Of course there's going to be robust discussion. Sometimes it can go a bit "he said she said". But really I think that the majority of us on this thread only want to discuss the ins and outs of online dating and offer/be open to advice.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Persepoly's beers night could have a nice edge too it now 😉

Persepoly's beers night could have a nice edge too it now 😉

It will have edges that are covered in a soft padding. :p

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

It will have edges that are covered in a soft padding.

A bouncy castle may be appropriate:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement