Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I must have seen at least three men today :p

Jesus keep your knickers on will you :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

I think this thread is a testament to how online dating is certainly not a big deal :)

Yeah, the stigma is gone, although I still see some 'willing to lie about how we met' on profiles!

But you know heading out specifically to meet a man or a woman can be counter-productive. Just because you're out with your friends doesn't mean someone won't catch your eye or you catch there's. In fact the old adage is true, when you are not looking, and are relaxed and having fun, that's when something can happen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What an unusually specific reply to an age old post. If she texts back Monday or Tuesday, I'm calling bullsh!t on this and guessing you were armaghlad's Monica Lewinsky!

Age old?? It was from earlier today!
    Also I havent given out any hand shandies.....this week :p

bubblypop wrote: »
    I agree, however, I don't meet anyone bar people I work with!
    I only go out to meet friends, & it's not one of those go out get hammered nights, I'm not interested in that anymore!
    So really, online is my chance to meet people that I would never meet in real life!

See my last post :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

But you know heading out specifically to meet a man or a woman can be counter-productive. Just because you're out with your friends doesn't mean someone won't catch your eye or you catch there's. In fact the old adage is true, when you are not looking, and are relaxed and having fun, that's when something can happen :)

Couldn't agree more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I wonder do people not try as much now on nights out because of online dating?

See my last post :)

Oh I know what you're saying but when I go out to meet my friends, that's all I'm interested in, hanging out & chatting with it my buddies , so no one approaches me, & I don't be looking at anyone else.
    It's a girls night, chats, craic, if good, a bit of dancing! So, no, don't ever, and won't ever meet a guy out in the real world!
    So online really is my best chance at the moment.
    But I'm OK on my own, I have a great life! Might be nice, just haven't given up totally yet.......!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I wonder do people not try as much now on nights out because of online dating?

In the places I've been in nights out lately, absolutely not. Still chock full of drunk men and women looking for the ride.

In the places I've been in nights out lately, absolutely not. Still chock full of drunk men and women looking for the ride.

Where was this now? :)

• Advertisement

Where was this now? :)

:pac: Several places, all in Dublin city centre. Anywhere in the city centre that does cheap drink offers does be full of horny people IME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

:pac: Several places, all in Dublin city centre. Anywhere in the city centre that does cheap drink offers does be full of horny people IME.

In fairness, there really is nothing worse than a sloppy drunk on a night out. Dont mind someone a bit merry but slurring and sloppy, no thanks :D

I can smell the floors of Coppers just by reading this <3

Oh I know what you're saying but when I go out to meet my friends, that's all I'm interested in, hanging out & chatting with it my buddies , so no one approaches me, & I don't be looking at anyone else.
    It's a girls night, chats, craic, if good, a bit of dancing! So, no, don't ever, and won't ever meet a guy out in the real world!
    So online really is my best chance at the moment.
    But I'm OK on my own, I have a great life! Might be nice, just haven't given up totally yet.......!

You can change that if you wish. Have the craic with the women and then saunter on up to the bar and have a look around, see if anyone looks back :)

I find Whelans and the Foggy Dew to be good auld spots. Also Grogans in the middle of the week :)

I'm actually going up to the big shmoke next weekend. Should be interesting. I've heard mad stuff about coppers.

I'm actually going up to the big shmoke next weekend. Should be interesting. I've heard mad stuff about coppers.

Don't go near the place unless you are under 25 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭Augme

Also I havent given out any hand shandies.....this week :p

*sends PM*

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    I can smell the floors of Coppers just by reading this <3

I've never been, thankfully! Dicey's is as bad as I went :pac: And good aul fibbers when I was 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Riders Of Rohan

I think this thread is a testament to how online dating is certainly not a big deal :)

I know, I just find it mind boggling, that people still think they can laugh at others over it.
    If I could pick meeting a girl, I think Id enjoy or a drunk shift with another, I know which Id pick

• Advertisement

Where's good for a man in his early 30's?

Or want to shag under 25s :D

The last time I went into flannerys & coppers, it appears that the new chatting up is just grabbing some mot walking by, by the GEE!!!!

Oh & if you don't like it, your the dry ****E/ no craic bitch etc etc....!!

I've never been, thankfully! Dicey's is as bad as I went :pac: And good aul fibbers when I was 16

I won't lie whenever I venture of to Dublin I usually go there, and have had some cracking nights there :o

I was in Fibbers a few weeks ago. We were sitting in the beer garden and it was only lovely. The place was full of hairy man beasts :D And tattoos. Shlurp.

The last time I went into flannerys & coppers, it appears that the new chatting up is just grabbing some mot walking by, by the GEE!!!!

Oh & if you don't like it, your the dry ****E/ no craic bitch etc etc....!!
    I was in Fibbers a few weeks ago. We were sitting in the beer garden and it was only lovely. The place was full of hairy man beasts :D And tattoos. Shlurp.

With this sort of stuff going on in Dublin, why would you need online dating? Or is that precisely the reason why you do online dating? :D

With this sort of stuff going on in Dublin, why would you need online dating? Or is that precisely the reason why you do online dating? :D

Well online dating for me just widens my horizons. Even MORE tattooed hairy man beasts :D

In New York they actually have Tinder bars. No not Kinder bars, but Tinder bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

Comparing these nightclub stories to my own where most nights would involve barely anyone in the club. The joys of living in rural Ireland.

• Advertisement

This is exactly why I go for online dating!!!!

Drunken fecking lamps coming up ,& grabbing me by the fanny surprisingly aren't in my long term plans!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement