Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

Where's good for a man in his early 30's?

It does depend on what you're looking for and the kind of vibe you like :)

Sweeneys is a great spot. Club wise I couldn't tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I was in Fibbers a few weeks ago. We were sitting in the beer garden and it was only lovely. The place was full of hairy man beasts :D And tattoos. Shlurp.

The place has actually improved a lot, the beer garden is great! They're cracking down on the weed apparently.

I still go there occasionally because the other half gigs there, but I hate the place ever since I got beaten to sh!t unprovoked several years ago by some blokes :pac: Kinda soured my opinion.

Doesn't smell like pee anymore though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Silverman. wrote: »
    Comparing these nightclub stories to my own where most nights would involve barely anyone in the club. The joys of living in rural Ireland.

This is why I'm going to Dublin. It's the same with OD, just feck all options in the bog.

The place has actually improved a lot, the beer garden is great! They're cracking down on the weed apparently.

I still go there occasionally because the other half gigs there

Oh there was a fine smell of the weed when I was there. Maybe I'll add it to the pub options for the night out :D

This is why I'm going to Dublin. It's the same with OD, just feck all options in the bog.

I live in the bog and the place does be hopping at the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

Exactly. People in bigger populated areas have a bigger advantage from the off. No fault of their own of course.

The only thing hopping in my area is the hopper turf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Yeah I lived properly in the bog (Herbertstown in Limerick, place didn't even have a corner shop!) and the nearest club was class on weekends!

The only thing hopping in my area is the hopper turf.

Bog party. That's what you need. Put up some fairy lights and hang a disco ball from the trees.

Bog party. That's what you need. Put up some fairy lights and hang a disco ball from the trees.

I don't know about that but its a good place to keep fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Riders Of Rohan

Exactly. People in bigger populated areas have a bigger advantage from the off. No fault of their own of course.

100% any time I go to dublin I could have met a girl in every bar, where in the country town I live a lot less. Thankfully no longer a issue for me, I have retired :cool:

I don't know about that but its a good place to keep fit.

Is this Donegal ????!!!

100% any time I go to dublin I could have met a girl in every bar, where in the country town I live a lot less. Thankfully no longer a issue for me, I have retired

Very true. Like some weekend's through the year, the local nightclub could have around 30 people in it.

Very true. Like some weekend's through the year, the local nightclub could have around 30 people in it.

Ours honestly closed about 5 years ago, because it couldnt get those kinda numbers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

I have newfound sense of respect and wonder at the proprietors of such establishments. I was in coppers last night - same deal as always, easily 1000+ people there including full "VIP area"/private bookings room. There were people queuing up to go in when I left around 4 :D!

Truth be told, no talking to be done in a place like that. Or meeting people really. It's great to reconnect with acquaintances and dance with people you know, not so much chatting up people.

PandaX9 wrote:
    I have newfound sense of respect and wonder at the proprietors of such establishments. I was in coppers last night - same deal as always, easily 1000+ people there including full "VIP area"/private bookings room. There were people queuing up to go in when I left around 4 !

PandaX9 wrote:
    Truth be told, no talking to be done in a place like that. Or meeting people really. It's great to reconnect with acquaintances and dance with people you know, not so much chatting up people.

Its alright the odd time but not much craic when its constantly like that.

PandaX9 wrote: »
    I have newfound sense of respect and wonder at the proprietors of such establishments. I was in coppers last night - same deal as always, easily 1000+ people there including full "VIP area"/private bookings room. There were people queuing up to go in when I left around 4 :D!

The proprietors know well what they are doing. Coppers makes an absolute fortune.

The proprietors know well what they are doing. Coppers makes an absolute fortune.

Ah coppers, it does exactly what it says on the tin

Ah coppers, it does exactly what it says on the tin

Exactly :)

What's coppers like? Are there many nightclubs where women approach men cos it doesn't happen where I'm from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

What's coppers like? Are there many nightclubs where women approach men cos it doesn't happen where I'm from.

Any nightclub where there's an atm inside deosnt end well :(

** years since I was on coppers

Oh yeah, say average Saturday between 1000-1500 people. Door charge was €10 each last night. Say if some lucky sods got away with not paying by some way or another, that's still at least €10,000 on admission only for only night! Not to mention drinks and cloakroom.

What's wrong with ATMs indoors? Coppers has two.

But I was talking about county nightclubs. Who are the people that want to own a club in town that caters to a catchment audience of 50 people? And why? I think it's nice but madness economically :D.. But then again if the demand is there..

Shlurp.

This is why I want to get fit. I want random women to think shlurp when they see me :D

This is why I want to get fit. I want random women to think shlurp when they see me :D

I'm not attracted to men who are ripped. We all have different things that make us "shlurp" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Coppers is the best. The shame that lingers the entire next day but the craic that night is the best. I always end up in coppers when I'm out in Dublin.

With all due respect, you could have the body of Adonis but if you've the face of Shrek then I doubt many women will be going shlurp. But that applies to vain people.

A handsome face is more important than a shredded body. Don't change yourself for others, do it because it makes you happy.

Oh yeah, say average Saturday between 1000-1500 people. Door charge was €10 each last night. Say if some lucky sods got away with not paying by some way or another, that's still at least €10,000 on admission only for only night! Not to mention drinks and cloakroom.

What's wrong with ATMs indoors? Coppers has two.

But I was talking about county nightclubs. Who are the people that want to own a club in town that caters to a catchment audience of 50 people? And why? I think it's nice but madness economically :D.. But then again if the demand is there..

If the club was such that it attracted people from other towns? A clever business head and marketing strategy might be able to pull that off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

But when your going out with someone would ya let yourself go/cool off on getting fit plan??

I only got into fit/healthy eating as I like the way I feel etc after it and hate the lethargic feeling of knowing you should do something but don't have energy/will to do it and was pure sick of feeling crap in my skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Places like coppers really don't appeal to me. In fact my idea of hell.

Much prefer a late live music bar.

I'm getting old :(

• Advertisement

With all due respect, you could have the body of Adonis but if you've the face of Shrek then I doubt many women will be going shlurp. But that applies to vain people.

A handsome face is more important than a shredded body. Don't change yourself for others, do it because it makes you happy.

Ah but hold on. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. What you consider to be a face like Shrek doesn't mean the next person will see the same. It really isn't a matter of having a handsome face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement