Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating

Options

Comments

KikiDee wrote: »
    Whip out the vino and cornflakes...I'm on the way!

Rice krispies!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Rice krispies!! :D

Damn...dropping the ball already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

PandaX9 wrote: »
    Good to hear you are back out there! I suppose on the bright side you can take it as a compliment.

I haven't opened tinder in almost a month due to stress from exams and dating people from it offline. When I did I had few new messages (fine by me) but I did have a stand out series that went like this:

Guy: hi
    Guy: hey what's up gorgeous?
    Guy: ok..
    Guy: wtf
    Guy: why did you match with me if you didn't want to talk?
    Guy: HELLO
    Guy: does this make you feel good?
    Guy: unbelievable
    Me: I haven't been online in weeks. I didn't set out to frustrate you in my absence.
    Guy: oh.. How are you?
    Guy: ..go **** yourself you c***

Needless to say, I laughed and then felt bad for the guy. Seriously needs to work on his self esteem - how anyone can be confident and happy in themselves and go after people like that amazes me. He obviously hadn't considered the possibility that I was busy and needed someone to be in the firing line of his victim mentality :rolleyes:. I'm not trying to blast the guy, I'm sure he's not a bad person but his communication skills leave a lot to be desired.

I have found that many people on tinder, in my experience, seem to be quite impatient and seem to want to move in a fast pace - instant replies, instant switch to whatsapp, arranging to meet up as soon as possible. What is the rush? To me it is a red flag. Of the guys I've dated that followed this pattern, the inevitable followed: the accelerated loss of interest and ghosting. Almost formulaic really - basically the whole experience can be condensed into as 3-14 days. Is this to quickly ascertain if you like someone or is it to fit in as many different people as possible in a short time frame so as to maximise chances of finding a connection?

To be fair, I can completely understand why they try to get things moving as quickly as possible. A lot of girls, especially on tinder, have no interest in meeting up with guys in the end. Just some online flirting and funny screenshots to show friends. So speeding up the process, asking for numbers/meet up shows whether she's genuinely interested in you or if she's just taking the piss. Means nobody's time is wasted and theyre not hurt if they know early on that you don't return their interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Sorry bout that folks. Had to delete a load of posts due to a re reg dragging it off topic. Please keep it about online dating and stop the ratings of celebs.

Reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Would I be banned for giving Ken's modding a mark out of ten? ;)

• Advertisement

Anywho...just something that always pops into my head when I read this thread. I wonder if any of the posters have unknowingly matched or are chatting on a dating site...or even dated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Collie D wrote: »
    Anywho...just something that always pops into my head when I read this thread. I wonder if any of the posters have unknowingly matched or are chatting on a dating site...or even dated

Funny I was thinking that the other day. Wondering if someone I am giving out about is reading thinking am such a moany auld biatch.

I've a feeling that most of the posters here are on Tinder and/or POF so I wouldn't come across them. It is something I have wondered about alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

wakka12 wrote: »
    A lot of girls, especially on tinder, have no interest in meeting up with guys in the end. Just some online flirting and funny screenshots to show friends.

When did this become a thing :(

I'd hate the taught of anyone doing that as its hard enough to msg people when your somewhat private

I'd hate the taught of anyone doing that as its hard enough to msg people when your somewhat private

I saw a profile last week where the main pic was a screenshot of a conversation arranging a hookup with a guy..

Have also been chased/stalked by a girl in work who kept sending me screenshots of conversations from other people at work..some of whom were guys asking her out. Told her for that reason despite finding her very attractive physically we would not be dating as I couldn't trust her.

I'm private too...would kill me to have my texts shown to the world

• Advertisement

Dunno it just is. Went out for lunch with 2 female friends of mine yesterday and they were messaging loads of lads on tinder asking them if they wanted to meet up for sex and bursting out laughing at their serious responses

Dunno it just is. Went out for lunch with 2 female friends of mine yesterday and they were messaging loads of lads on tinder asking them if they wanted to meet up for sex and bursting out laughing at their serious responses

Fcuk that....

doubt il ever go back to that online dating thing if this becomes a thing....I hate the taught of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

wakka12 wrote:

That's an awful thing to do.

Silverman. wrote: »

It is. I'd like to think it's not a regular occurance. It's hard enough for lots of people to put themselves out there without getting played with like that.

Fcuk that....

doubt il ever go back to that online dating thing if this becomes a thing....I hate the taught of that

It's probably just a minority. The female equivalent of blokes who share intimate pics of whatever girl was unfortunate enough to let him have them.

It happens but there are more decent people than not in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Silverman.

It is. I'd like to think it's not a regular occurance. It's hard enough for lots of people to put themselves out there without getting played with like that.

It'd be worse if they were leading guys on that were genuinely after relationships like making them feel like they have possibly met someone special.
    A lot of the guys looking for hook-ups can be assholes so that's not as bad IMO.

Suppose its a bit ****ty, but to be fair any guys who think a random hot girl is so desperate she's going to message them out of the blue asking to meet for sex is a tad gullible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

It'd be worse if they were leading guys on that were genuinely after relationships like making them feel like they have possibly met someone special.
    A lot of the guys looking for hook-ups can be assholes so that's not as bad IMO.

And a lot of the guys looking for relationships can be assholes too, and a lot of the guys looking for hook-ups can be sound, and a lot of the guys looking for relationships can be sound.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    And a lot of the guys looking for relationships can be assholes too, and a lot of the guys looking for hook-ups can be sound, and a lot of the guys looking for relationships can be sound.

TBF...I don't get the hate some people have on people looking for hook ups....

So long as everyone is On the one page....what harm like???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

TBF...I don't get the hate some people have on people looking for hook ups....

So long as everyone is On the one page....what harm like???

I agree. Not everyone is in a position for full on relationship commitments. Just some people want adult company.

If both parties feel ok with that and feel safe what harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Suppose its a bit ****ty, but to be fair any guys who think a random hot girl is so desperate she's going to message them out of the blue asking to meet for sex is a tad gullible

Of course, naivety is always to be exploited for cheap, ego boosting laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Would I be banned for giving Ken's modding a mark out of ten? ;)
    So long as it's a 10/10 I'd say you'd be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Folks, seriously, a load of PUA merchants get banned last night and then this guy with 10 posts arrives peddling the same crap, why is anyone even engaging? Just report the posts and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Folks, seriously, a load of PUA merchants get banned last night and then this guy with 10 posts arrives peddling the same crap, why is anyone even engaging? Just report the posts and move on.

My bad! I missed that last night

Edit. I see user has been banned so deleting my post quoting him. Apologies, shouldn't have gotten into it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Edit. I see user has been banned so deleting my post quoting him. Apologies, shouldn't have gotten into it
    Don't worry about it....if anyone else is wondering where their posts are, I just deleted everything by the rereg and anybody quoting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

I wonder why this thread is so popular for trolling/baiting arguments?

Regardless, I stand by what I said that my disinterest in casual sex has not hindered my online dating experience in the slightest. Despite my example of my friend who uses tinder solely for sex 60-70 pages back (:pac:) generally I find that my friends use online dating for dating and nightclubs for finding the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah if you want the ride you don't want to wait days/weeks for it. Effort of that.

PandaX9 wrote: »
    I wonder why this thread is so popular for trolling/baiting arguments?

Regardless, I stand by what I said that my disinterest in casual sex has not hindered my online dating experience in the slightest. Despite my example of my friend who uses tinder solely for sex 60-70 pages back (:pac:) generally I find that my friends use online dating for dating and nightclubs for finding the ride.

People like to get cheap jabs in and stereotype genders, negatively, mostly against women also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement