Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan top-up

Options
  • 20-03-2016 7:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there a time limit before you can ask for a top up on a loan? I got a top up in October last year, and may have to see if i can get another one to help pay for our wedding this year (who knew this stuff was so expensive...).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there a time limit before you can ask for a top up on a loan? I got a top up in October last year, and may have to see if i can get another one to help pay for our wedding this year (who knew this stuff was so expensive...).
    Good morning Kiith,

Thanks for your post.

Ah yes weddings can be expensive. To top-up your loan, you will need to have made 6 months repayments to the existing loan. 

If this is the case and you would like us to arrange a call back to discuss your options please send a PM with your name, address and phone number and we'll organise a call back.

Thanks

Janette

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ok, so i talked to a BOI rep and i have to have payed off 50% of the previous loan before I can get a top up. That's fair enough, but can you tell me if this has to be paid off monthly, or could i pay a lump sum to get to the required 50%? I get a small bonus this month, which was going on the wedding, but if i can pay off a lump amount of the loan, and get a top up, i might try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Kiith, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

As each loan top up is reviewed on a case by case basis we'd be happy to arrange a call for you from our team to discuss this further. 

Can you Private Message us with your name, branch name and contact number and we can do this today. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement