Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GU 10 Led bulb

Options
  • 27-03-2016 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

I am pretty new to these so grateful for any help. Looks like it is time to replace one of these.
    Anything I need to be aware of. Can't see any rating on the bulb housing itself.
    e.g I have no idea what the wattage is or if there is max rating on these fixtures vs the more conventional Edison bulbs which obviously loose a lot of their energy potential light energy to heat.

I could do with some more light on the spot where this one has gone. It is one of 6 in front of the mirror in an awkwardly shaped room. Any issues with this. Given I don't know the wattage of any of the LED in any case.

Last thing I wanted to check was how do these bulbs normally fail. In the case of this bulb in its last week or so it was giving intermittent light that is switching on/off. After lights were turned off at the switch on a few occassions, this light has continued to blink on and off 5-10 seconds. Is this normal or not? Could it be down to a transformer and not the bulb?

I have checked the light fixture in the ceiling and the fixture itself is Marked GU 10, 2.0A, 250V.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement