Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff?

Options
  • 21-03-2016 9:53am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're headed over at the start of May. :D

I'm going to book the added extra bit of the tour where you get to stand on the TARDIS set, but I've been told it's scary for the bairns?

I've got a 6 year old who I'd be pretty confident can deal with a scare. But I also have a 2 year old who's appropriately chicken-y for his age.

How scary is it? Do I need to leave my husband holding the baby as I bring the 6 year old with me?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well we're going anyway. Tickets booked for next Thursday. #Wooooeeeeoooooooooooo#

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Enjoy it! My Wife and I loved it back in 2012, though we didn't have any kids with us, so I didn't answer your OP...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oswin

I was just there last week and it was brilliant! There were no kids on the tour we did so not too sure how they'd find it. It does get very dark at times so if the little one is afraid of the dark at all he might not like it. I'm sure the staff there will be able to advise you before you go into the interactive bit anyway.

Don't know how much time you're spending in Cardiff but the castle is well worth a visit and techniquest is supposed to be great for kids. We also did a short boat tour of the bay which was fun (wrap up warm if you go though!).

I really enjoyed the experience part. The smallest kid, not so much, but he made it through without crying. The 6 year old's heart was going 90 in the forest of the weeping angels. Haha.

I always feel let down by the DW official merchandise. They had sfa action figures or playsets. I'm always on the lookout for the old 5.75" figures and they didn't have any figures at all. Then they had a £90 tardis key necklace, which looked great, but way way too steep. Dunno why they didn't have costume jewellery versions.

But I got to fly the TARDIS so n'ya.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I always feel let down by the DW official merchandise. They had sfa action figures or playsets. I'm always on the lookout for the old 5.75" figures and they didn't have any figures at all.
    I have this set still in the plastic somewhere that you're welcome to if you've any interest?

http://doctorwhotoys.net/eleventhdoctorcrashset.htm

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    I have this set still in the plastic somewhere that you're welcome to if you've any interest?

http://doctorwhotoys.net/eleventhdoctorcrashset.htm

Aw thanks.

That is one of the few we have. We have that, Amy as a policewoman, Rory, a weeping angel and a cyberman. So not too shabby and good opportunities for a decent fight / escape in the TARDIS. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ah well, if one of yours meets a nasty end, you know where there's a spare!

Advertisement