Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asics nimbus equivalent

Options
  • 21-03-2016 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I've always used asics nimbus getting between 800-1000 miles a pair.
    But I'm wondering is there similar runners anyone could recommend that would do the same job but be cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

First thought would be Cumulus also by ASICS. €40 cheaper. You are giving up some of the comfort you are used to in the Nimbus.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

sconhome wrote: »
    First thought would be Cumulus also by ASICS. €40 cheaper. You are giving up some of the comfort you are used to in the Nimbus.

I should have said that cumulus were my very first pair but rubbed my ankles. The heel/ankle support section seemed firmer than the nimbus, less give, but maybe thats changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yep Nimbus has memory foam which makes the heel cup very comfy. You get similar comfort levels from the Saucony Triumph and Brooks Glycerin for example but they are still ~ €170 shoes like the Nimbus.

Having said that the current generation of Cumulus will be better that older versions as the improvements dribble down from the Nimbus developments.

Advertisement