Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law courses, what's the difference?

• 21-03-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey guys, another annoying sixth year here. I'm just after putting down law on my cao but now realising there's also an international law course and a clinical law course. Can someone please help me to understand the differences between them? Are they all the same BCL in the end? I'm really interested in the international law route and I've a keen interest in international relations etc and i also hope to study abroad after finishing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.s please excuse my username, I logged into my very old account just for some clarification!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WordNerd97

Really the main difference is the points.. The core modules are all the same!

However, the BCL Clinical includes a work placement (very practical), whereas Law International includes a year abroad (very 'enriching', but maybe not as practical on your CV). I think you can take a language module the full way up with Law International. Regular Law has basically the same job opportunities, though, it just depends on your preference.

Advertisement