Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited Liability Partnership and Company

Options
  • 21-03-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everyone,

I am stating up a business with a friend of mine and I am not sure how to register the company. Do you know whether it is better to set up LLC or limited liability partnership? I am not sure what the process is and I am also looking for the cost effective option. Your advised are greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You could register as a partnership but then you are taking on the liability for their actions. Generally its better to go with a limited company in this situation in my opinion its more expensive but when there is more than one person signing cheques then you want to limit your liability. Pedro put together a good post on the key differences but I can't find it now hopefully he'll be along later and post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Have a read of this
    Best of luck with the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ContentInfo

kub4e84 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I am stating up a business with a friend of mine and I am not sure how to register the company. Do you know whether it is better to set up LLC or limited liability partnership? I am not sure what the process is and I am also looking for the cost effective option. Your advised are greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks.

Hi,
    From experience I would strongly suggest a limited company. Do make sure you have a read of pedroeibar1 posting it is very good and explains a lot.

Remember, with any business be it a partnership or limited co you need a documented plan. It'll ensure you and your partner(s) know what the goals are and whats expected from everyone.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Have a read of this
    Best of luck with the business.

Have it saved now for next time! Next time the forum is up for discussion making this a sticky should definitely be on the list.

Advertisement