Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and deferral

Options
  • 21-03-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I just have a couple of questions in relation to BTEA and the potential to defer a year at college while on the scheme.

I'm in the third year of a 4 year level 8 course. This year has been a placement year which is a built in part of the course. I've been in receipt of BTEA since I started this course and also free fees from SUSI.

There a part time position coming up in a really fantastic organisation which I would love to apply for. It would be really really great for my career and coming from my current work experience I feel like I'd have a good shot at getting it. It would mean deferring final year at college.

I just wondered what that would mean for me in terms of my BTEA and my free fees? As it's only three days a week, if I was to get the position, I would still be able to claim part time dole the whole time.

Does anybody know would this mean losing all my benefits for final year?

Advertisement