Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows resellers on reddit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Microsoft disagree cos they are letting me use it and it's defo legit cos I got it off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Whatever you tell yourself dude :)

They work, thats all thats important for people who wondered.

superg wrote: »
    They work

At last we agree :D

They work for now anyway ;)

You should have installed 10130 though with a MSA, then stayed on the fast ring. Windows 10 professional for free, activated for ever and 100% legal and legit...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

unkel wrote: »
    At last we agree :D

They work for now anyway ;)

You should have installed 10130 though with a MSA, then stayed on the fast ring. Windows 10 professional for free, activated for ever and 100% legal and legit...

Whats MSA, whats 'staying on the fast ring'?

We're still talking about using a toolkit to activate windows 7, letting it upgrade itself to Windows 10 and thus getting a legit key. What happens when you need to re-install Windows 10. Does one write down the key from somewhere and keep it save and then input after a new install?

• Advertisement

Microsoft haven't told anybody how they do it but your entitlement to windows 10 is recorded on their servers when you first activate windows 10 so when you go to re install it should activate no problem, as long as you haven't made any significant hardware change. I did this with my first system, upgrade first and then did a clean install.

If you buy a windows 7,8 or 8.1 key you no longer have to install those OS's first, you can install Windows 10 straight away and use your key for 7,8 or 8.1 to activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Those Windows 10 keys are linked to the original MSDN keys. Microsoft can go back and revoke all of them. The more popular this particular workaround becomes, the more likely it is to happen.

And it's still not worth worrying about. They work, if they ever stop working you've lost 20 quid. Big deal. We all have options, buy retail, buy reddit or torrent it. Choose your poison.

Calibos wrote: »
    Whats MSA, whats 'staying on the fast ring'?

Microsoft Account (basically a Microsoft email address). Back before Windows 10 was officially released, you could install a preview for developers edition for free. And up to version 10130, it would keep updating itself all the way until the official release version, and beyond if you opted in (fast ring)

Anybody who did this, still has a valid 100% free, 100% legit activated Windows 10 Professional PC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I dont get some people here,person who posted that its basically illegal to purchase keys outside authorized resells/retailers - still go to pay someone who basically gets keys for nothing trough some promotion/writing down licenses from colleges etc,when you could just use KMS and its same plus saving 20$ or whatever,and still would be no different,instead now your giving some kid that money,when pretty sure it would be easier just to find someone who doesn't want win10 and get their key or of a broken laptop if going into such troubles :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

scamalert wrote: »
    I dont get some people here,person who posted that its basically illegal to purchase keys outside authorized resells/retailers - still go to pay someone who basically gets keys for nothing trough some promotion/writing down licenses from colleges etc,when you could just use KMS and its same plus saving 20$ or whatever,and still would be no different,instead now your giving some kid that money,when pretty sure it would be easier just to find someone who doesn't want win10 and get their key or of a broken laptop if going into such troubles :confused:

Laptops don't carry Windows 10 keys as such, but are one use a pop. The laptop already took the use, so no luck there.
    I don't get the MSK bit...what is MSK?

KMS you mean? Its a program that sits on your pc and keeps your torrented Microsoft products activated.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yeah... think that was the proverbial last straw.

We now have one camel with a broken spine, and one thread locked because a discussion about one dodgy subject just mutated into a discussion about a completely banned one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement