Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Office 365 Personal + 1TB OneDrive storage for free for 1 year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Not coming up for me and I have 15gb free

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

funnyname wrote: »
    Not coming up for me and I have 15gb free

You NEED to have at least 5GB of data in your onedrive NOT free space !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

it's not coming up on my account, but that may be because I already have a 365 sub that's valid till next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Can I borrow someones data ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭joostl

worked for me thanks op!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

ablelocks wrote: »
    it's not coming up on my account, but that may be because I already have a 365 sub that's valid till next year?

Yup, as an existing customer you do not qualify, this was send out to customers who are qualifying as part of the uproar last year about the new storage quota.

Here the T&C of the offer:
    Offer valid for a free one year subscription of Office 365 Personal. Must redeem by August 15th, 2016. Payment instrument required and will be automatically charged the then-current subscription price after one year unless you cancel your subscription at www.office.com/myaccount. Valid only if you are an original recipient of this offer; are a OneDrive free plan subscriber without an existing paid OneDrive, Office 365 or Groove Music subscription, have over 5 GB of content stored on OneDrive and are not already using more than your storage allotment as of January 15th, 2016. Offer must be redeemed via the Microsoft Store online. Limit of one per person/Microsoft account; must use the account associated with your OneDrive subscription. May not be redeemed by or transferred to another customer, or combined with other offers. Violation of these terms may result in cancellation of your Office 365 subscription. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; may not be redeemed for cash or gift cards. Offer not valid in Japan, China, Hong Kong and countries where Office 365 Personal and/or OneDrive is not available. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue the offer at any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

God Dammit !
    And I only signed up two weeks ago for the €10.00 pm package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Last week, for the first time ever, I payed for a one months Office sub. Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I paid for the €10 sub this morning (after having it free for a year). Feck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

If you should need a home account ( 5users) and you only have a Personal account you can just upgrade for a month sub to home and it extends you Personal by a month. i.e. I had a personal account (year) free on a tablet signed up to home monthly account it became 13 months and just cancelled auto-renew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

Excellent, thanks for that op!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I have the right amount of data but I'm only getting a one month trial offer. If anyone knows a workaround I'd be very interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

NB: You also get 60 free Skype minutes each month too!

Edit: it's actually only free to landline numbers not mobiles but still, free is free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

not showing up for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

Worked for me. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

To the people this has worked for, did you recently add data to bring you over the 5GB used space needed to avail of this or did you have over 5GB of stuff stored in Onedrive before you saw this? When I saw the OPs post, I only had a 2 GB of stuff stored on Onedrive so it the free offer didn't trigger. I have since added some data to bring me over the 5GB mark but it still is showing as full price. I presume at this stage that you needed to have 5GB+ stored before a certain date to get it to show for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    To the people this has worked for, did you recently add data to bring you over the 5GB used space needed to avail of this or did you have over 5GB of stuff stored in Onedrive before you saw this? When I saw the OPs post, I only had a 2 GB of stuff stored on Onedrive so it the free offer didn't trigger. I have since added some data to bring me over the 5GB mark but it still is showing as full price. I presume at this stage that you needed to have 5GB+ stored before a certain date to get it to show for free.

Worked for me but I'm one of the ones who had about 10GB worth of data in the cloud already as of last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Mr Bloat wrote: »

Yeah think it states that in T&Cs, key points seem to be.
    • Must redeem by August 15th, 2016.
    • Valid only if ... you are a OneDrive free plan subscriber without an existing paid OneDrive, Office 365 or Groove Music subscription
    • Valid only if ... have over 5 GB of content stored on OneDrive and are not already using more than your storage allotment as of January 15th, 2016.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Have another OneDrive account which has 4.9GB on it!

Ah well shur, I'm delighted to have it on one. Now I've 1TB on Google Drive and 1TB on OneDrive.

....Now to find a use for it all!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

not showing up for me

on the manage store page click on upgrade, it's there (if you meet the pre-requisites)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Great, wooked for me :)

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Just to repeat Mr Bloat's question:

If it worked for you, did you have under 5GB data in your account and then added some files to make it work for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ I already had over 10gb of data in my onedrive account. Didnt need to add anything.

As OP advised, used paypal then cancelled auto renewal. Now I have a free 365 account for a year.

OK I had a 365 subscription which expired last month but dont think its a factor here.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

Do you think the 1Tb will still be active after the year? I cancelled the auto renew but it only mentioned Office 365 - it didn't mention anything about the storage and what happens after the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

My free year is now up .... did anyone find a way to get another freebie year???

Advertisement