Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW March 21st

• 21-03-2016 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Roman Reigns' return put Triple H on notice, but did The King of Kings' potential usurper unwittingly weaken his chances on The Road to WrestleMania?

Also seeing as RAW is in Philadelphia tonight, I cannot see Roman getting a hero's welcome :pac:

1. ZigglerMania
    Dolph Ziggler’s match with Triple H was far more than a chance for The Showoff to settle a grudge: Thanks to a pre-match stipulation from Stephanie McMahon, a victory would have given Dolph the freedom to insert himself into a WrestleMania match of his choosing, minus Triple H’s bout with Roman Reigns for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. If not for an errant Pedigree, The Showoff would have a blank check to The Show of Shows right now. Still, he came close. Damn close, in fact, so don’t be surprised if the former World Heavyweight Champion attempts to instigate his way into another all-or-nothing bout on Raw.

2. Friends no more
    Diamonds may be forever, but when it comes to the Divas Championship, three of The Four Horsewomen clearly are not. Now that Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch set on a collision course for the Divas Title at WrestleMania (fellow fourth Horsewoman Bayley has her own plans for WrestleMania Week), it appears the solidarity from their NXT days is out the window and off the table. SmackDown’s face-to-face-to-face turned physical in a heartbeat, and Charlotte admittedly caught the worse of it. The champion, as we know, does not like being shown up in such a manner. Expect this rivalry to kick into gear in a big way come Raw.

3. Still the B.A.D.dest
    Not only has Lana made herself an enemy in the last few weeks, she seems to have also found herself some friends. The Ravishing Russian, stiletto-deep in a rivalry with Brie Bella (and Alicia Fox by proxy) seems to have thrown in with the remnants of Team B.A.D., who repaid her assistance on Raw by providing Lana with some muscle during a pointed standoff with Paige. Whether this ends with The Ravishing Russian making her in-ring debut is still a matter of speculation, but it seems safe to assume that this new trio of Divas will make their presence difficult to ignore as the biggest WrestleMania in the division’s history approaches.

4. Giant among men
    With the confirmation of the third annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal last week on Raw Pre-Show, the floor is open for Superstars to make a play for the prestigious trophy of The Eighth Wonder of the World. Thus far, the only competitors to cast their lots in the WrestleMania melee are The Social Outcasts, but it’s safe to say the field will widen soon enough. Who will be the next to attempt to follow in Cesaro and Big Show’s shoes?

5. The Game has changed
    Roman Reigns made his triumphant — and terrifying — return last week, brutalizing Triple H to the tune of six staples (and stitches to the referee that tried to stop him). It was the strongest statement yet of the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion’s intention to demolish The Game’s kingdom come WrestleMania. The Cerebral Assassin was made human by Reigns’ brutality, but Reigns may have unwittingly given The Authority an Ace in the hole by beating up on officials in the course of his onslaught. Will Triple H and Stephanie be content to settle their score in the ring? Or will Reigns’ WrestleMania moment be buried in a mountain of litigation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,068 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are taker and Shane mcmahon on raw tonight ??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are taker and Shane mcmahon on raw tonight ??

Haven't seen anything saying they would be, might be kept for the go home Raw next Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Falcon Arrow on Reddit, who's apparently a WWE insider, is claiming that Zack Ryder's Wrestlemania role will be revealed tonight. He says he can see him doing great things.

Cryptic

Oh, and Jericho vs Fandango

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Falcon Arrow on Reddit, who's apparently a WWE insider, is claiming that Zack Ryder's Wrestlemania role will be revealed tonight. He says he can see him doing great things.

Cryptic

Oh, and Jericho vs Fandango

Big night ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reminder that it's midnight start again this week.
    Back to normal next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is anyone watching this live? Just switching on the pre-show now. I won't get a chance to watch anything else live until NXT Takeover. Working every single day until then, wrestling Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Might watch the first half an hour or so since I'm awake. I'll probably have no difficulty nodding off after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Who's your one the remembrance is for

Go easy on him, Philly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Reigns must be going heel. He's not doing the entrance through the fans any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Who's your one the remembrance is for

Googled her name,died in a hiking accident it seems.

Not sure of the wrestling connection.

Not the best reception for Roman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This is utter desperation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Reigns needs to be turned heel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Reigns just needs to not talk, ever.

He always sounds like he's doing a voice-over for something serious.

Oh, Styles vs. KO next, should be great!

Guarantee the crowd will be kissing their arses before the match even starts though.

That would be great if I hadn't just watched Smackdown earlier on today, where this was the main event. I guess there might be a win for A.J Styles since he lost last week's version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Heel insults the crowd. Check.
    Reigns comes in at most opportune time for a crowd reaction. Check.
    Reigns shushes Stephanie and outsmarts her (which nobody gets to do). Check.
    Reigns calls HHH an insulting name to get a cheap reaction. Check.

They tried everything. He still got booed.

It's amazing how stubborn they continue to be.

Any predictions on what Vince's announcement will be, I am going with special guest referee for the Hell In A Cell match.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Heel insults the crowd. Check.
    Reigns comes in at most opportune time for a crowd reaction. Check.
    Reigns shushes Stephanie and outsmarts her (which nobody gets to do). Check.
    Reigns calls HHH an insulting name to get a cheap reaction. Check.

They tried everything. He still got booed.

It's amazing how stubborn they continue to be.

It's classic cutting off their nose to spite themselves..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Any predictions on what Vince's announcement will be, I am going with special guest referee for the Hell In A Cell match.

Brand Split on a Pole in a Cell match?

• Advertisement

Kevin Owens is some athlete for his size, that was one hell of a frog splash.

What a frog splash :D Owens is quality!

Do you think A.J will beat him "which surely puts his name in contention for a title shot John"?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

PAYLAY KICK

sometimes I really hate americans.
    probs to JBL though for an accurate football reference

Ziggler just name dropped Botchamania!! :eek:

Must be setting up the big ladder match now.

That Botchamania reference tho. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Owens is brilliant.

That one of your crappy jokes?!?!?

Can't take Dolph seriously in the suit/converse combo

Wasn't Ziggler told last week he'd have no match at Mania if he lost to Triple H?

Continuity at its finest as usual in WWE...

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wasn't Ziggler told last week he'd have no match at Mania if he lost to Triple H?

Continuity at its finest as usual in WWE...

That word isn't in the vocabulary of WWE's Creative :P

Good stuff. I don't want to see a multi-man match for the IC Title. I wonder will Zayn pin Ziggler because a pin over Miz doesn't mean a whole lot.

What the Funk?!

That chainsaw just completes Ambrose.

Owens would be great as the Authority's new poster boy, and you have a ready made feud against Rollins when he comes back.

Hard to care about the New Day getting beaten up when they don't even seem to care themselves.

New Day have been face for two minutes and they're already stale.

• Advertisement

I'm a fan of New Day's antics at ringside but I find most of their promos to be bloody woeful. Tonight being a good example.

I actually hope The League Of Nations win at WrestleMania, and I'm a woeful New Day mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Googled her name,died in a hiking accident it seems.

Not sure of the wrestling connection.

Not the best reception for Roman.

According to twitter she's the daughter of one of wwe long time cameramen

Are we supposed to think that trophy is gold? Because it looks like the cheapest plastic.

That trophy means nothing considering the original was broken in half the night after it was won by Cesaro.

• Advertisement

I'm convince JBL is on PaddyPower's bankroll, he mentions them every feckin week!

I was completely shocked when they had Jack Swagger do that. André should be untouchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

martyos121 wrote:
    Brand Split on a Pole in a Cell match?

*Judy Bagwell on Pole in a Cell Match?

Jericho should have never, ever, eeeeeevvvveeerrrr been face.

He is just brilliant giving out to everyone. I love it.

Woo, multi-man ladder match at 'Mania!

Oh ffs I was right earlier. They are doing the multi man ladder match. And with three glorified jobbers in it. Just when I thought this Mania couldn't be more underwhelming. Zayn vs Owens would have been so much better.

*Kevin Keegan voice*: I would absolutely love to read all the butt-hurt if they had the cajones to make Stardust win this and leave Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens in a heap afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Would have preferred they hadn't added the stipulation of Takers career on the line in the Shane vs Taker match. I would prefer to not know when Taker's last match is gonna be and just let him ride off without a song and dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Would have preferred they hadn't added the stipulation of Takers career on the line in the Shane vs Taker match. I would prefer to not know when Taker's last match is gonna be and just let him ride off without a song and dance.

They will hype the **** out of Takers final match, easy to tell Shane will be losing at WM, there would of been weeks of build up and against a better opponent if Taker was having his final match, guaranteed though to have a dusty finish.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Xenji wrote: »
    They will hype the **** out of Takers final match, easy to tell Shane will be losing at WM, there would of been weeks of build up and against a better opponent if Taker was having his final match, guaranteed though to have a dusty finish.

They could still have Shane win , and then re-hire Taker the monday after WM

• Advertisement
Advertisement