Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making some changes

Options
  • 21-03-2016 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi- I currently have 2 landlines. One I use for calls and is connected to the alarm. One I solely use for broadband. The one I use for broadband somehow gives higher speeds than the other one -nothing significant ( 1.8 vs 1.4 Mb, but still) 

Obviously I am paying too much as I can do whatever I need to do on one phoneline, but I am not sure how to change the connection to the alarm and I don't necessarily want to change my phone number that I have had for over 10 years. I also want to have the highest possible speeds for braodband.

It is becoming very clear now that despite what is going on in terms of NBP etc I will never get real broadband (fibre) to my house, I live too far from a cabinet and looking on the NBP map , there mustn't be any important people living near me as the area where I live is a real blackspot ... Other areas with similar density will get FTTH.
    Ok , so I will not get it - ever.....

In which case I would like to stop paying €125/2 months extra and use it for mobile broadband instead.

My question is :

Could I keep the line with the less bad broadband speeds live (as a backup for the mobile broadband) and change the number to the number I have on the other line, once I de-activate that line completely ?

Can Eircom provide me with a competitively priced mobile broadband solution (ideally with no cap, but understand that may not exist) ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi- I currently have 2 landlines. One I use for calls and is connected to the alarm. One I solely use for broadband. The one I use for broadband somehow gives higher speeds than the other one -nothing significant ( 1.8 vs 1.4 Mb, but still) 

Obviously I am paying too much as I can do whatever I need to do on one phoneline, but I am not sure how to change the connection to the alarm and I don't necessarily want to change my phone number that I have had for over 10 years. I also want to have the highest possible speeds for braodband.

It is becoming very clear now that despite what is going on in terms of NBP etc I will never get real broadband (fibre) to my house, I live too far from a cabinet and looking on the NBP map , there mustn't be any important people living near me as the area where I live is a real blackspot ... Other areas with similar density will get FTTH.
    Ok , so I will not get it - ever.....

In which case I would like to stop paying €125/2 months extra and use it for mobile broadband instead.

My question is :

Could I keep the line with the less bad broadband speeds live (as a backup for the mobile broadband) and change the number to the number I have on the other line, once I de-activate that line completely ?

Can Eircom provide me with a competitively priced mobile broadband solution (ideally with no cap, but understand that may not exist) ?

Thanks
    Hi Happy_Harry, 

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into these queries for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement