Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple event for iPhone SE and new iPad Air - March 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Would you have felt the same had they kept the 16GB model? Would you purchase a 16GB iPad Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Not too keen on them dropping 64gb as an option on the iPad Pro. I'd like one, but I absolutely don't need 128gb. 32gb is a little bit low.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Would you have felt the same had they kept the 16GB model? Would you purchase a 16GB iPad Pro?

No wouldn't have gone for a 16GB.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Zcott wrote: »
    Not too keen on them dropping 64gb as an option on the iPad Pro. I'd like one, but I absolutely don't need 128gb. 32gb is a little bit low.

The thing is iPad upgrade patterns are such that most people with a 64GB Air 2 wouldn't be upgrading anyway. People upgrading this year will have older, probably only 16GB devices. Even people who bought a 64GB Air 1 paid more than they'll pay for a Pro with the same storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Ireland left out again? Not in the 1st release that I can see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

We have to wait a month longer.. That always annoyed me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ireland is a small country. Mean nothing to apple from a sales point of view.

Its interesting where tablets are going. I was waiting last year for the pro to come out. Didnt float my boat and went for a full windows 10 tablet. It has everything I need from a portability point of view. The MBP doesnt leave the house as much now. Give me the same option with OSX and I know where I would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

adox wrote: »
    Ridiculous pricing on the iPad pro. Taking the piss.

Apple going from a "premium" brand to a gouging brand slowly but surely.

Not a hope of me paying that sort of money for an iPad and that's coming from someone who has had one since its original launch in the States.

I have starting falling out of love with Apple over the last 12 months or so and this continues the trend.

Sooner or later people will look elsewhere IMO.

Very true, I've always had an iPad have the Air 2 but at I won't be up grading with those prices they really take the piss when it comes to the price of memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

I had Ipad 1 / 3 and Air gen1. After seeing the iPad pro launch last year jumped the gun and got a Surface Pro 4 .. Thankfully after today's announcements I know I made the right decision as it does replace my MacBook Air and IPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

9.3 is out. Installed on iPad and iPhone without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

adox wrote: »
    Ridiculous pricing on the iPad pro. Taking the piss.

Apple going from a "premium" brand to a gouging brand slowly but surely.

Not a hope of me paying that sort of money for an iPad and that's coming from someone who has had one since its original launch in the States.

I have starting falling out of love with Apple over the last 12 months or so and this continues the trend.

Sooner or later people will look elsewhere IMO.

The mini is fine. I mean they cover their bases on the iPad. And they are explicitly calling this a pro, it is not a consumer device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Fundamentally the iPad hasn't evolved in any great shape since its introduction. Apple sticking to the mantra that a desktop OS does not belong on a tablet is proven to be incorrect.

When OS X wasn't on the iPad Pro I ended a 15 year loyalty to the brand.

Having a notebook, tablet and smartphone isn't practical for most users and the piggy in the middle is the one which will be dumped unless it can merge with one of the notebook or phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Backpack20

Hi all , I updated to iOS 9.3 but I can't notice any of the updates . I can't find the night shift icon on my iPhone ? Any help would be great !

Backpack20 wrote: »
    Hi all , I updated to iOS 9.3 but I can't notice any of the updates . I can't find the night shift icon on my iPhone ? Any help would be great !

I am updating now, but it should be in control centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's under Display and Brightness

Yah I checked, no sign of it ?

Yah I checked, no sign of it ?

It's not an icon. It's just a setting.

Can't find it

Can't find it

Are you sure the update went through alright? It's right there between the 'Auto Brightness' and 'Text Size' in the Display and Brightness section under Settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

So iOS 9.3 is out.
    Is this only available OTA? No update showing when connected to computer thru iTunes.
    The update is showing up on my phone though. Will it be available to update via iTunes at all?

• Advertisement

After the update it asked about some iCloud thing and I said no .

It says software is updated to iOS 9.3

Hmmm while it's kinda cool, I can't see myself using Night Shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Not much to speak about here, highly underwhelming, but a 4" iPhone with updated internals will sell well though you'd think, there's defo a section of society not enamoured with Gigantiphones.

Hmmm while it's kinda cool, I can't see myself using Night Shift.

It'll be ok for checking an email or a quick news headline or something but I don't think I'll be watching video or surfing the net with it on

Inquitus wrote: »
    Not much to speak about here, highly underwhelming, but a 4" iPhone with updated internals will sell well though you'd think, there's defo a section of society not enamoured with Gigantiphones.

I'm one of them. I'm sticking with my 5S for a while as it's good enough for what I need to do but I find the 6S too big. I'd find it a bit weird having it strapped to my arm on a run.

Swip up from the bottom of the display, on an iPhone it is the middle icon and on an iPad it is on the middle icon on the bottom right.

It says software is updated to iOS 9.3

Then I'm out of ideas sorry. There's definitely nothing in the D&B?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Only the 5S and above get night shift.

• Advertisement

I really don't no what is going on ,can I reinstall it again ?

Advertisement