Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmore Quay for a holiday?

Options
  • 21-03-2016 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Looking to go down to Kilmore Quay for a couple of days in May. Is there much to do around the place?

Thanks In Advance,

Mez.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Day trip to Saltee Islands? Go out fishing? Nice food around there and in Kilmore village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

If you have kids, there is a good playground which should be fun for a couple of hours.

There are also some really nice beaches just up past Kimore (or over in the other direction towards Carne).

However, if the outdoors, boats and general marine activities then a couple of days could be a long time.

Plenty to do around hte place however!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Following on from ezra's reply, there's a lovely beach just as you leave the village on the road to Carne (you'll see a path to the left just up from the building supplies shop). You have to walk fifty metres or so to get to it around and over some low dunes and I've never seen it crowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Kilmore quay is a lovely part of Ireland and often stay there. Great place to chill and relax and great food down there. The chip shop alone is worth a spin down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A visit to The Saltee Chipper is a must! Despite the long lines in the summer, it's worth the wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Thanks for the replies, heading down in a couple of weeks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Following on from ezra's reply, there's a lovely beach just as you leave the village on the road to Carne (you'll see a path to the left just up from the building supplies shop). You have to walk fifty metres or so to get to it around and over some low dunes and I've never seen it crowded.

Maybe im missing something but this does not make sense .
    if its the beach on the left on the way to baldwinstown , people never swim there. There is no building supplies in kilmore quay heading towards carne , and if you head towards carne the sea is on your right ,the only beach safe for swimming is the little one to the east of the pier , its ver safe . The next safe beach is ballyhealy , about 10 minutes east by car , any further east than that the beaches are dangerous unless you head for st margarets near carne.
    If the weather is good there is loads to see and do down this corner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Drove to Kilmore Quay yesterday, leaving Riverchapel in the pi**ing rain which had been falling since early morning, arrived in Kilmore Quay to glorious spring sunshine.
    Haven't been to Kilmore in years, I lived close by for a few years, and I was disappointed to find the shop at the fish processing plant was closed and up for sale, I used to buy my fresh fish there every week and it was always delicious. I hadn't time to look around so I was wondering is there anywhere else in the village to buy fresh fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Drove to Kilmore Quay yesterday, leaving Riverchapel in the pi**ing rain which had been falling since early morning, arrived in Kilmore Quay to glorious spring sunshine.
    Haven't been to Kilmore in years, I lived close by for a few years, and I was disappointed to find the shop at the fish processing plant was closed and up for sale, I used to buy my fresh fish there every week and it was always delicious. I hadn't time to look around so I was wondering is there anywhere else in the village to buy fresh fish?

Check out Bradys out on the road to Baldwinstown - keep going past the Silver Fox and you'll find it on the right. Good spot.

Advertisement