Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benicassim 2016

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

Heading over for the week, Wednesday to Wednesday, flights sorted and were staying in Hotel Bersoca which is supposed to be quite close to the festival. Was a little bit expensive for the hotel but it got some great reviews online. Anyone stayed there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

If anyone hasn't got a ticket yet there is a facebook group set up called FIB Benicassim 2016. Lots of tickets available for under the presale price. £80/€100.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SaintlyWinner

ryaner777 wrote: »
    If anyone hasn't got a ticket yet there is a facebook group set up called FIB Benicassim 2016. Lots of tickets available for under the presale price. £80/€100.

I also have a spare ticket at the minute if anyone is stuck or wants to send me a private message.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Whats the link to that group?

Judging by all the comments on the facebook page seems to be all irish and english wondering if it could be messy with it being popular now

Train tickets have gone up for sale if ye need transfers from the airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Flights, accom & ticket finally sorted. Really looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beni2016

Hey, Is there anyone that would be interested in sharing the cost of a rental car?Myself and my boyfriend are flying in to Barcelona at 10pm on the Wednesday. want to get down there on the Wednesday but public transport is not looking like a good option that late. Or even willing to share a lift and we split the cost? TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

beni2016 wrote: »
    Hey, Is there anyone that would be interested in sharing the cost of a rental car?Myself and my boyfriend are flying in to Barcelona at 10pm on the Wednesday. want to get down there on the Wednesday but public transport is not looking like a good option that late. Or even willing to share a lift and we split the cost? TIA :)

Try the forum on efestivals as well you might have luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beni2016

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SaintlyWinner

How much do you think we'll need to live day-to-day? Can't get a solid idea because so many people disagree with what's uncomfortably low and what's do-able.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

I'm looking to fly in Friday 15th, does anyone have any recommendations for getting there? The bus companies don't seem to be running transfers on the Friday. I'll probably fly into Reus or Barcelona, depending on the transfer situation.

Get the train, they lots of trains from the airports.

Are you camping or staying in hotel close to the festival ?

Thanks, will take a look at them! My friends have an apartment booked but they're heading out on the Wednesday.

Find out where the apartment is and the nearest train stop
    The 3 main areas for people attending the festival are
    castellon
    Bennicassim
    Opressa del mar

Each of these towns has its own train station but not every train stops at each station. A lot of trains stop in castellon and don't go onto the other two towns.

Don't worry if castellon is the final stop on your train though. You can get a taxi at the train station straight away and it's only about €20 onto bennicassim or opressa.

Enjoy.

Cheers for that. Are the trains regular enough and would I need to book in advance? I've googled without too much luck. I'm assuming Barcelona would have more regular trains than Reus?

Yeah, there's plenty of trains. Use the renfe site ( change to english in the corner ) to book your tickets in advance

Lots of info on the trains on this site

http://www.spanish-rail.co.uk/trains-to-benicassim-music-festivals-118.html

Amazing! Thanks a mil :)

Booked the flights yesterday. Very excited now! :D

Did you get sorted with a train ticket ??

Did you get sorted with a train ticket ??

Not yet but hopefully in the next few days. I think I'll head back to Barcelona on Monday night and spend Tuesday morning having a wander round before my flight home that evening. So I'll see what the accommodation situation is and then book trains accordingly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Myself and my wife thinking bout heading over this year. Usually a Glasto goer until about 5 years ago. Had thought about going to Logitude over here but like the lineup of Benicassim. Read some dodgy stories and some good stories about the festival! Had planned on camping but the heat sounds crazy. Was bad enough a few years at Glasto! A lot of the hotels seem to be booked out now so I'll have to to a bit more searching.

chris_ie wrote: »
    Myself and my wife thinking bout heading over this year. Usually a Glasto goer until about 5 years ago. Had thought about going to Logitude over here but like the lineup of Benicassim. Read some dodgy stories and some good stories about the festival! Had planned on camping but the heat sounds crazy. Was bad enough a few years at Glasto! A lot of the hotels seem to be booked out now so I'll have to to a bit more searching.

have a look in castellon for a hotel, but factor in transport to and from the festival each night. it's €50 for a 4 day return bus ticket.

Taxi is about €25 each way

You'll get a great deal on a festival ticket on the Fans facebook page. I think I posted a link earlier in the thread. Lots & lots for sale

have a look in castellon for a hotel, but factor in transport to and from the festival each night. it's €50 for a 4 day return bus ticket.

You'll get a great deal on a festival ticket on the Fans facebook page. I think I posted a link earlier in the thread. Lots & lots for sale

Why is everyone selling.... do they know something I don't? :D

Just the usual , big groups decide pre christmas it would be a great idea to go to a festival in spain next year, buy early bird tickets. Then one or two drop out and leave the rest of the group trying to flog their tickets for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Timetable for anyone who hasn't seen it http://fiberfib.com/cartel-escenarios.php

A few tickets going cheap on toutless if anyone still looking

Would buses be running after the festival? I had heard that taxis were easy enough to get.

chris_ie wrote: »
    Would buses be running after the festival? I had heard that taxis were easy enough to get.

Yeah, right up to 6am. They are private coaches. They just keep doing round trips to castellon all night.

Soooo what did everyone think? :D

I had a great weekend! I only saw Le Galaxie, Vaccines, Biffy, Muse, bit of Bloc Party, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Vaccines and 1975. No complaints!

The beach in Benicassim was beautiful and really close to where we were staying. The buses were handy to get to and from the festival site or into the town for a bit to eat before heading to the festival. I thought the price of drink in there was a bit much, €9 for a spirit and dash and even €3 for a 500ml bottle of water :mad: Although there was a stand doing €10 mojitos that were very generous with the alcohol!

Hope all who went had a good one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement