Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Vs Reddit Uplifting News

Options
  • 21-03-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

:confused: Is it just me? For the last week or two, every time I dare venture onto the Reddit " Uplifting News " site, Firefox goes to hell in short order. Crash report. Shut down.

None of my other daily visited sites does this to me. Not even another Reddit page I look at daily.

I looked at Firefox's forum ~ after my crash reports, complete with return email ~ went unanswered. It basically said Mal Ware. Run Bites and Cleaner. I did. Then promptly crashed again, in RUN :rolleyes:

Anyone know anything? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Working fine for me, have you tried resetting firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Stigura

" Resetting Firefox " ....? :o

Sorry, Guil. Love ye to death for answering. But, this is where I expose myself for the complete disaster I am:

How does one go about " Resetting Firefox ", please? Or, should I google it, if it'll take more than a sentence to explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Stigura wrote: »
    " Resetting Firefox " ....? :o

Sorry, Guil. Love ye to death for answering. But, this is where I expose myself for the complete disaster I am:

How does one go about " Resetting Firefox ", please? Or, should I google it, if it'll take more than a sentence to explain?

Here you go!

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

Another troubleshooting step is to try another browser to make sure it's not site specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

:) Thanks, people! I've done the Reset thing.

Okay. Now all hell's letting loose! :D I'll leave it till I can focus better ~ it's just turned feeding time at the zoo here.

Let's let things settle down and I'll venture into That page again later. See what happens.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

:) Thanks, people! I've done the Reset thing.

Okay. Now all hell's letting loose! :D I'll leave it till I can focus better ~ it's just turned feeding time at the zoo here.

Let's let things settle down and I'll venture into That page again later. See what happens.

Thanks.

Your posts are very evocative! :pac:

Let us know if there's any further issues.

Update with a bonus! :D

Today, I recieved and installed my new, 3ie 4G compatible modem. I'd been completely off line for thirty six hours or so there ~ a harrowing experience! Though, I must say; It led me to discovering a really good novel.

So, anyway, yeah: Been holding my breath, much of today. Expecting every next click to send me back into oblivion. As it turns out though, I'm still here, to my great relief.

Best of all? I've just clicked in and out of an entire page of that particular and fatefull Reddit. No problem what so ever! Chuffed.gif

So, yeah, doing that thing with Firefox sorted out the base problem. New modem isn't causing me any additional ones. Steady as we go.

Thanks, peeps :)

Update with a bonus! :D

Today, I recieved and installed my new, 3ie 4G compatible modem. I'd been completely off line for thirty six hours or so there ~ a harrowing experience! Though, I must say; It led me to discovering a really good novel.

So, anyway, yeah: Been holding my breath, much of today. Expecting every next click to send me back into oblivion. As it turns out though, I'm still here, to my great relief.

Best of all? I've just clicked in and out of an entire page of that particular and fatefull Reddit. No problem what so ever! Chuffed.gif

So, yeah, doing that thing with Firefox sorted out the base problem. New modem isn't causing me any additional ones. Steady as we go.

Thanks, peeps :)

Thanks for the delightful update! No sarcasm intended.

A wee bit of advice, I'd install uBlock Origin. A very good ad blocker, "easy on CPU usage and memory".

Tis done!

Should I now get rid of ABP ?

Tis done!

Should I now get rid of ABP ?

Oh! Didn't realise you had an ad blocker already! You can, if you want. Having both is bit of an overkill.

• Advertisement

Hmm ..... I would. If I could find it. Where's it hide itself :confused:

Hmm ..... I would. If I could find it. Where's it hide itself :confused:

The "three lines" looking icon at the top right and then click Add Ons (should look like a jissaw piece). From there it lists all addons that you can disable or remove.

If you're using reddit....ah sure you know about the Reddit Enhancement Suite!

Imagus is a great extension too which lets you hover over images and it previews it there and then (saves clicking, lazy I know!).

:rolleyes: And there was me, crawling through my HDD like a ninja .....

I'll give this one a crack then. See how it seems to compare to ABP. I'm not a great one for additional bits, frankly. I travel a very narrow and mundane circuit around the net. I tend to stay out of trouble that way.

I won't bother with the Reddit thing. I only look at two boards, about once a day. And I managed to get myself banned from one of them. So, I'm hardly a social live wire on there.

Advertisement