Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get urgent help with a mental health issue?

• 21-03-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

Keeping it short - I was struggling really badly on Mirtazapine for depression. I told this to my doctor, he said he wanted to refer me to a community mental health team, and advised me to stay on the Mirtazapine until I met with them.

Fast forward two weeks, I couldn't cope with the Mirtaz anymore so I had to stop taking them. Still no sign of the mental health team making contact with me, so I call and they say they haven't received a referral yet, and cannot see me without one. I contacted my counsellor to ask could he refer me and he says no, it has to be a GP. I ring the clinic to make another appointment with my GP, he is fully booked until the 14th of April. I email him directly and hear nothing back.

I am a college student - I am with my college GP, I do not have the money to go private, and I do not have a medical card. I really urgently need to speak to someone about medication - I don't need a helpline, I already have a counsellor, I need some advise regarding medication and urgently. Please can someone advise me on what to do or where I can go and apologies if this is the wrong section

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

This forum is for the discussion of all things regarding our Emergency Services. You have posted here in error. May I invite you to post on this thread in our Long Term Illness forum? You are far more likely to find useful and helpful information from people who have been in the position.

If you need help posting on that thread, please feel free to contact me via PM.

Thread closed.

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement