Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limited company name

Options
  • 21-03-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Just a quick one, I was searching for the availability of a limited company name. One of the names I'm interested in using was a company based in Ireland, but was dissolved in 2011. Am I free to register a new company with this name?
    Incidentally I did some checking and the dissolved company operated in a different type of Industry and in a different part of the country.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

if the company has ceased trading it should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

You will not be able to use that company as your name for 20 years after it has been dissolved.

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Would it be possible to register a Ltd under a different name and then register that name the op wants as a trading name? Would that make a difference? I can't remember exactly how business names work in Ireland it's been a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭defforirl

thanks all for the replies......20 years, Holy s**t that's a bit excessive:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Lockedout2

defforirl wrote: »
    thanks all for the replies......20 years, Holy s**t that's a bit excessive:eek:

It's better than having to constantly answer the question "we did a company search and your company has been dissolved - what's the story?" so no bank account, no credit from suppliers, no work from potential customers without questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

defforirl wrote: »
    Just a quick one, I was searching for the availability of a limited company name. One of the names I'm interested in using was a company based in Ireland, but was dissolved in 2011. Am I free to register a new company with this name?
    Incidentally I did some checking and the dissolved company operated in a different type of Industry and in a different part of the country.

Register any Ltd name and then register the trading name. I dont suppose the initials are TF by any chance?

Advertisement