Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microwave timer

Options
  • 21-03-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all I have encountered a weird problem. My Sanyo microwave timer takes a notion to increase time instead of reducing. Any ideas

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The timer is not likley to be a "serviceable" item.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭tri50072

Does that mean I cannot do anything about it. It was working fine until a few weeks ago now it gets weird notions and has to be watched. I sometimes works ok/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

tri50072 wrote: »
    Does that mean I cannot do anything about it. It was working fine until a few weeks ago now it gets weird notions and has to be watched. I sometimes works ok/

I would imagine unless it is under warranty you are going to have to look at getting a new one unless you are happy to keep on watching it. How old is it? Is it an electronic timer or one with a dial?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭tri50072

Its not under warranty and is 8 year old. The Timer is a Rotary one I put it at required time say 10 min then it increases time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

tri50072 wrote: »
    Its not under warranty and is 8 year old. The Timer is a Rotary one I put it at required time say 10 min then it increases time

I would probably advise you to cut your losses and buy a new one unless you are prepared to keep watching it. It may not be an easy fix and even if it was I would be wary about using a microwave which has been taken apart in case the cover is not replaced properly or something else is damaged while fixing the timer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement