Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iPhone 5 se

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

kceire wrote: »
    I've gotten my iPhone replaced/repaired outside of warranty and under the consumer law in phones bilought from the UK and used in IRL.

Just to be clear, you got a UK bought iPhone from Apple direct replaced under consumer law in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

flexcon wrote: »
    Well it is lying depending on the interpretation.

Yeah, I'm not too bothered about Apple really, they're the most profitable company in the world currently, they'll be just fine either way. It was more the principle of the thing.

Like I don't think any phone manufacturer will claim that their phone will last six years, it might last six years but there are so many variables at play that it's not fair to expect a manufacturer to live up to that. Fair enough if you're not abusing the law though, I'm not really targeting my rant at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just to be clear, you got a UK bought iPhone from Apple direct replaced under consumer law in Ireland?

Yes. He had to bring the phone up to the Apple Store in Belfast.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

guil wrote: »
    Yes. He had to bring the phone up to the Apple Store in Belfast.

Yep 100%. Ive bought all my iPhone's from Belfast.
    The only downside was having to travel to Belfast but worth it for free repair (speaker) and replacement on another.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

If you buy AppleCare+ when ordering from the UK you'll be able to get the Express Replacement option if you ever need a replacement. Save you the trip to Belfast or be without the phone for a week.

• Advertisement

I drove to Belfast once to get an iPhone replaced about a year ago, I'd do it again though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

FourFourFM wrote: »
    If you buy AppleCare+ when ordering from the UK you'll be able to get the Express Replacement option if you ever need a replacement. Save you the trip to Belfast or be without the phone for a week.

That's an option for after the 12 months alright. Inside the normal 12 month warranty you avail of the post in/UPS service as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

That's an option for after the 12 months alright. Inside the normal 12 month warranty you avail of the post in/UPS service as normal.

Yeah the mail in repair or Apple Authorised Service Provider (Compu B) are the two options. UPS arranged express replacement is only for AC+ iPhones now.

Yep 100%. Ive bought all my iPhone's from Belfast.
    The only downside was having to travel to Belfast but worth it for free repair (speaker) and replacement on another.

Ah yes, sorry that was the missing link! I thought you said you got the iPhone repaired in Republic of Ireland even though the iPhone was bought in the UK.

Makes sense! So you got it repaired in Belfast under their consumer law, you just had to travel!

That makes sense though. It was bought in Northern Ireland and you had to go to back to Northern Ireland to claim that consumer law.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This will surely be free on bill pay?

• Advertisement

Ah yes, sorry that was the missing link! I thought you said you got the iPhone repaired in Republic of Ireland even though the iPhone was bought in the UK.

Makes sense! So you got it repaired in Belfast under their consumer law, you just had to travel!

That makes sense though. It was bought in Northern Ireland and you had to go to back to Northern Ireland to claim that consumer law.
    Some posters here that bought iPhones in America couldn't get warranty service over the phone but could if they went up to Belfast. Is more of a coincidence that kceire bought them up there as well.

guil wrote: »
    Some posters here that bought iPhones in America couldn't get warranty service over the phone but could if they went up to Belfast. Is more of a coincidence that kceire bought them up there as well.

Ah yes, this is because it is up to Apple if they wish to service a on Eu phone in the Eu. It isn't a hard or fast rule for them, especially since the iPhone 6.

Warranty is separate to consumer law though so separate discussion from what I was referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

*Update*

My card was debited €597.55 today for the 64GB + Leather case so it looks like by ordering from the UK I basically got a free case worth €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Pearlstone

Slightly off topic and I apologise but I have just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5s and I am getting the no service message on the top left of my screen. My old iPhone 4 still appears to be working and I did the changeover yesterday so I'm sure I probably have done something wrong in the changeover that might be very obvious to some of you tech savvy people on here so any help would be very much appreciated. My proviðer is Three.

Ring up three, it sounds like the new sim isn't activated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Pearlstone

Thanks Guil, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Has anyone who ordered off the Irish site had a dispatch notification yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

Got one yesterday evening from Apple, says delivery before 8th April

Also FYI CompuB had stocks of the se on Tuesday, expect to have iPads in stock on today Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Has anyone who ordered off the Irish site had a dispatch notification yet?

Got my dispatch email yesterday (I ordered on Tuesday 29th). Phone arrived today. Bought this as a present for someone who currently has an Iphone 4 with Three (PAYG). Will I need to get them a new SIM card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Got my dispatch email yesterday (I ordered on Tuesday 29th). Phone arrived today. Bought this as a present for someone who currently has an Iphone 4 with Three (PAYG). Will I need to get them a new SIM card?

It uses a different size sim card so yes (a simple google search would have shown this...). Although some newer sim cards have a smaller section in the middle you can push out, so one sim can fit any device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I've been thinking of getting this case for the SE, just want minimal protection for the aluminium back and sides to minimise scratches to the metal, so not expecting it to withstand impact from a falling dumbbell at the gym or anything. :pac: It's €30 on the apple site, but anyone know of a similar clear-case for cheaper? 5s cases are compatible which is handy, I could shop around the internets but I'm lazy this morning so any suggestions are welcome. :)

http://www.apple.com/ie/shop/product/HE853ZM/A/power-support-air-jacket-for-iphone-5-5s-se?fnode=99&fs=f%3Diphone5s-iphonese%26fh%3D458b%252B471d%252B3ea8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I've been thinking of getting this case for the SE, just want minimal protection for the aluminium back and sides to minimise scratches to the metal, so not expecting it to withstand impact from a falling dumbbell at the gym or anything. :pac: It's €30 on the apple site, but anyone know of a similar clear-case for cheaper? 5s cases are compatible which is handy, I could shop around the internets but I'm lazy this morning so any suggestions are welcome. :)

http://www.apple.com/ie/shop/product/HE853ZM/A/power-support-air-jacket-for-iphone-5-5s-se?fnode=99&fs=f%3Diphone5s-iphonese%26fh%3D458b%252B471d%252B3ea8

Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Has anyone who has ordered an iPhone from Apple UK used a Parcel Motel address?

Is there any way of using your own ROI address?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Ebay

Jee thanks for your input. :rolleyes:
    Yorky wrote: »
    Has anyone who has ordered an iPhone from Apple UK used a Parcel Motel address?

Is there any way of using your own ROI address?

Thanks in advance

Anytime I use apple uk I need to use my parcel motel address Northern Ireland, you can't use ROI with the uk site afaik.

Advertisement