Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double-Decker Buses

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Back on the single decker feels weird now.

Really narrow stairs on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Back on the single decker feels weird now.
    Shannon757 wrote: »
    Really narrow stairs on them.

When did they put stairs in the single deckers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Umekichi wrote: »
    I hope they keep enforcing this rule. It's infuriating trying to get on/off a bus when the driver has decided that it's perfectly fine to leave on 3/4 open buggies. Has caused me to trip a few times.

There must be a better solution than simply not letting people with buggies on. We want people with kids using the bus, don't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

zulutango wrote: »
    There must be a better solution than simply not letting people with buggies on. We want people with kids using the bus, don't we?

As far as I know, as long as the buggies are folded and stored in the correct areas, the driver can let on as many as will fit. But I've seen drivers ask people to do this before and be met with a litany of abuse!
    I have to agree that it is infuriating when drivers leave 3/4 buggies on, t can be hell to try and get off and the LOOKS you get from the parents when you ask them to move the buggy so you can get through, murderous!

• Advertisement

When did they put stairs in the single deckers ?

I meant on the double deckers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

zulutango wrote: »

What is supposed to happen is that other people with buggies who get on are supposed to fold the buggy. However it has never really been enforced as the drivers get abuse when they have enforced it. I don't want people with kids in buggies to be left off but at the same time I want to be able to get off the bus without running the risk of breaking my neck. It's also a nightmare if you are in a wheelchair as 60-70% of the time you are left waiting for the next bus as someone with a buggy is taking up the wheelchair space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Umekichi wrote: »
    What is supposed to happen is that other people with buggies who get on are supposed to fold the buggy. However it has never really been enforced as the drivers get abuse when they have enforced it. I don't want people with kids in buggies to be left off but at the same time I want to be able to get off the bus without running the risk of breaking my neck. It's also a nightmare if you are in a wheelchair as 60-70% of the time you are left waiting for the next bus as someone with a buggy is taking up the wheelchair space.
    How about this. All buggies must be folded. Leave the space for the wheelchair user who has no option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Skintwin wrote:
    As far as I know, as long as the buggies are folded and stored in the correct areas, the driver can let on as many as will fit. But I've seen drivers ask people to do this before and be met with a litany of abuse! I have to agree that it is infuriating when drivers leave 3/4 buggies on, t can be hell to try and get off and the LOOKS you get from the parents when you ask them to move the buggy so you can get through, murderous!

Do they really get guff over asking ?? I usually fold up my buggy if it's busy enough and let the little one sit on my lap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

How about this. All buggies must be folded. Leave the space for the wheelchair user who has no option?

I'd agree with that if bus eireann implemented it but it would need to be enforced.
    Do they really get guff over asking ?? I usually fold up my buggy if it's busy enough and let the little one sit on my lap

I've seen it happen about 5/6 times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement