If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Clock/Radio that doesn't mute. Help!

Options
  • 21-03-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

Our beloved Robert's R983 alarm clock radio has packed up and cannot be repaired.

Its killer feature was simply as follows; if I listened to the radio late at night via an earphone (while her nibs slept beside me) the earphone did NOT mute the alarm if I fell asleep and left it plugged in. The alarm would ring via the radio speaker, as per normal. Only the radio was muted.

You might think that this feature is screamingly obvious, and it is. But, of the 20 or so models in the current Robert's range not ONE has this feature. Incredible, but true. The R983 was the only one they ever put it in, apparently.

So, can anyone tell me of an alarm clock/radio that has this feature? I would be extremely grateful. Money no object - we're dealing with my sanity here! :)

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dinarius wrote: »
    Our beloved Robert's R983 alarm clock radio has packed up and cannot be repaired.

Its killer feature was simply as follows; if I listened to the radio late at night via an earphone (while her nibs slept beside me) the earphone did NOT mute the alarm if I fell asleep and left it plugged in. The alarm would ring via the radio speaker, as per normal. Only the radio was muted.

You might think that this feature is screamingly obvious, and it is. But, of the 20 or so models in the current Robert's range not ONE has this feature. Incredible, but true. The R983 was the only one they ever put it in, apparently.

So, can anyone tell me of an alarm clock/radio that has this feature?  I would be extremely grateful. Money no object - we're dealing with my sanity here! :)

Thanks.

D.
    Dinarius,

we are on the hunt for you - we will try the Ruark range to see if they have the same logic or if you are in trouble! :D

We will keep ya posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

So, can anyone tell me of an alarm clock/radio that has this feature?  I would be extremely grateful. Money no object - we're dealing with my sanity here! :)

Thanks.

D.
    Hi D.

We just checked the Ruak R1 that we have on Demo in store and it works on this. Alarm goes off even if headphones still attached.

Currently priced at £199.95
    http://www.ruarkaudio.com/products/r1-overview

Fantastic product and really sounds the part.

Let me know what you think, any questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Hi Kenny,

That sounds promising and thanks for the reply.

Please check one other thing...while the alarm goes off with the headphones attached (which is great! ;) ) please check if the alarm still goes off with the headphones attached AND the radio turned on.

Many thanks.

D.

Hi Kenny,

That sounds promising and thanks for the reply.

Please check one other thing...while the alarm goes off with the headphones attached (which is great!  ;) ) please check if the alarm goes off with the headphones attached AND the radio turned on.

Many thanks.

D.
    Hey Dinarius.

Yip still goes with Radio playing - It then cuts the radio in the headphones also playing the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Hey Dinarius.

Yip still goes with Radio playing - It then cuts the radio in the headphones also playing the alarm.

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply. Your second sentence above means that it plays the radio through the headphones, and if it's left playing, the alarm still sounds. OK? Thanks.

Do you have a shop or outlet in Dublin?

D.

• Advertisement

Hey Dinarius.

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply. Your second sentence above means that it plays the radio through the headphones, and if it's left playing, the alarm still sounds. OK? Thanks.

Do you have a shop or outlet in Dublin?

D.
    Hi D.

Yip that is correct. It will perform just as your old unit did.

Unfortunately our only store is here in Belfast but we do ship to the whole of Ireland for anybody unable to get to the store.

Delivery would be just £6.99

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just as a footnote - there are actually a whole range of Ruark radios - if you don't know the brand they are without doubt the best reviewed brand of luxury radios around at the moment - you can check them out on our website here:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=ruark&swapstore=1

All those prices should be in Euro and if you see a euro price on our site then (where available) the price will include shipping - the guys have already checked out the R1 for you in terms of the bulletproof alarm - believe it or not the R4 is the best selling Ruark and there is also the R2 which includes web radio and the R4 adds on CD player to DAB/FM tuner - they all have DAB and FM tuners built in - and they all look really beautiful.

Of course they are all Bluetooth and its decent quality APTx bluetooth as well so you can stream from you Pad or phone to the units - have a look at the What HiFi reviews here:

Ruark R1 5 star review:
    http://www.whathifi.com/ruark-audio/r1-mk3/review

Ruark R2 5 star review:
    http://www.whathifi.com/ruark-audio/r2-mk3/review

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.