Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPad Pro - not Allowing me create Apple ID

• 21-03-2016 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Recently bought a new iPad Pro ... Setting it up now and I am getting an error message saying..

Cannot create Apple ID

This iPad can no longer be used to create a new Apple ID. Create a new Apple id at applied.apple.com

I did do a search and it seems to happen if the Apple device has already created a number of id's.

Have I been sold a second hand IPad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

PopTarts wrote: »
    Hello,

Recently bought a new iPad Pro ... Setting it up now and I am getting an error message saying..

Cannot create Apple ID

This iPad can no longer be used to create a new Apple ID. Create a new Apple id at applied.apple.com

I did do a search and it seems to happen if the Apple device has already created a number of id's.

Have I been sold a second hand IPad?

I never heard of this have you any other IOS device? If not set up an apple ID via iTunes. Then sign in with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I never heard of this have you any other IOS device? If not set up an apple ID via iTunes. Then sign in with that.

When I googled the error message it seemed to say that Apple devices can only have have 3 ID's attached to it.

I do have a iPhone but was hoping to set this up as a separate device.

Is there anyway to know if this is a refurbished iPad pro or one that may have been returned but used previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Where did you buy it?

An iOS device is only able to create three iCloud accounts per serial number.

Sounds like yours is second hand.

When I googled the error message it seemed to say that Apple devices can only have have 3 ID's attached to it.

I do have a iPhone but was hoping to set this up as a separate device.

Is there anyway to know if this is a refurbished iPad pro or one that may have been returned but used previously.

Sounds like it has been used. Where did you buy it? Would you not just use your iPhone Apple ID?

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Where did you buy it?

An iOS device is only able to create three iCloud accounts per serial number.

Sounds like yours is second hand.

Argos... I would have thought it would be fairly ok.

Anyway of knowing??

Heisenberg - I am now using it with my iPhone Apple ID.

I'd just like to know that it is a new iPad now and was not returned by someone else for some reason.

It was wrapped and everything so seemed to be brand new.

• Advertisement

After doing some research it would appear that your iPad has been used before. How old is it? Bring it back to Argos and ask for a replacement. The reason being if you try and sell that person will encounter the same problem.

After doing some research it would appear that your iPad has been used before. How old is it? Bring it back to Argos and ask for a replacement. The reason being if you try and sell that person will encounter the same problem.

Thanks. I'm out of the country for the next few weeks unfortunately.

Do I have any comeback when I return if I have used it?

Should I contact Apple to see if it is a previously sold device?

Argos will probably fob me off, apart from me telling some one at the till it looks like it was used before I have no other evidence?

Also, not sure if this helps but when I turned it on initially and it asked to select language and then to select your country or region Netherlands was the first option. I know when I bought my iPhone in the UK that the UK was the first option.

Does this mean anything really?

Thanks. I'm out of the country for the next few weeks unfortunately.

Do I have any comeback when I return if I have used it?

Should I contact Apple to see if it is a previously sold device?

Argos will probably fob me off, apart from me telling some one at the till it looks like it was used before I have no other evidence?

You can contact Apple and ask them has it been used. Don't let Argos fob you off if it's as been used they should replace it and it won't matter that you have opened it already. You will have the evidence that you cannot register an apple ID.

Also, not sure if this helps but when I turned it on initially and it asked to select language and then to select your country or region Netherlands was the first option. I know when I bought my iPhone in the UK that the UK was the first option.

Does this mean anything really?

No it doesn't mean anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No it doesn't mean anything.

It would suggest to me it was used primarily in the Netherlands before.

I'd definitely be taking it back.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It would suggest to me it was used primarily in the Netherlands before.

I'd definitely be taking it back.

I wasn't aware that would be an issue but I agree it needs to returned to Argos.

Advertisement