Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepa refund

Options
  • 21-03-2016 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭

I had signed up with a provider and agreed to direct debit payment. I cancelled with the provider under my 14 day cooling period to cancel. No problem they said. 2 weeks later then I got an email saying my first bill was available for viewing and would taken from my account. I rang again and cancelled and they apologied and suggested I also cancel the direct debit on my 365. So I did or so I thought i did.

Money was taken today.

If I fill in the direct debit refund form and chose option A will I get my money back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning 893bet, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Yes, you can request a refund for this by completing the 'Refund Direct Debit Payment' form found here. As the direct debit was only taken yesterday you can choose option 'A' as it is within the 8 week period of the debit. 

Just to mention, SEPA also provides the 'Black List' option which may be beneficial to you. Setting up a Creditors Black List means that you want to specify the Creditor/s from whom you will reject all Direct Debits. For more information on this option, visit this link.

I hope this helps and if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭893bet

Thanks. I am not sure if I can do the blacklist as I have a second account with the provider....! Such a pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Thanks for coming back to us 893bet, 

With a second direct debit instruction coming from the same retailer then it wouldn't be wise pop them on the blacklist as this will block all debits from this company. 

In this situation we'd suggest that you simply complete the Refund Direct Debit Payment form and send it back to the address and we can organise a refund for you. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

893bet wrote:
    Thanks. I am not sure if I can do the blacklist as I have a second account with the provider....! Such a pain!

Cancel your mandate at BoI .....this will ensure no money is taken for that UMR....and not all DDs from the provider...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭893bet

I did that. That cancelled that mandate.

They can put the payment through on a different mandate then is my understanding.  

Vendor has accepted payment was taken in error. I will give them a few weeks to try and get my payment back then I will take it back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

893bet wrote: »
    I did that. That cancelled that mandate.

They can put the payment through on a different mandate then is my understanding.  

Vendor has accepted payment was taken in error. I will give them a few weeks to try and get my payment back then I will take it back.
    Hi 893bet,

I’m happy to hear you made contact with the company to request a refund. If we can be any further assistance please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Hope you’re having a great weekend.

Thanks
    Helen

Advertisement