Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the current cost to transfer a .com for 1yr and for 2yr please?

• 22-03-2016 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Comments

Hi there,

When transferring a .com domain you can renew it for 1 year only @ €9.95.

Then once the domain is transferred you can then renew it for a maximum of 10 years.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭patricksmyth

9.95 includes or excludes vat?
    the next year will be 9.95 then after to renew?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Curious to this too.
    I was about to ask, but saw it here.

3 dotcom domains needed to transfer. Is it free to transfer and optional renewal @ €9.95?
    I ask because I've been asked to help someone out, and I'm pretty sure they just renewed them within the past month or 45 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Allyall wrote: »
    Curious to this too.
    I was about to ask, but saw it here.

3 dotcom domains needed to transfer. Is it free to transfer and optional renewal @ €9.95?
    I ask because I've been asked to help someone out, and I'm pretty sure they just renewed them within the past month or 45 days.
    When you transfer a domain name between registrars the gaining registrar (us - Blacknight - in this case) is billed by the registry for the renewal of the domain name. So we cannot offer a "free" transfer, as we are paying for it.
    However as the registrant you aren't losing out - the domain gets another year added to it (up to a maximum of 10 years)

Advertisement