Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to busk in Dublin?

Options
  • 22-03-2016 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im planning to start busking in Dublin, myself and a guitar without an amp initially, just wondering where around town is the best place to go with good acoustics so I wont be completely drowned out by the noise of the crowds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Your own front room ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think you need a licence now, for city centre anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

rubadub wrote: »
    I think you need a licence now, for city centre anyway.

Definitely need a license for Grafton street, not sure about the surrounding area

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

It depends what you want from it, some people go busking to get their name out there etc and don't care about the money, I went to Boyce Avenue in the Olympia a few weeks ago and two lads started busking down the alley way, I thought it was a great idea as the acoustics were good and crowd noise was limited. Plus people enjoy a but of music while they're in the queue.

Advertisement