Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome is being destroyed by Adware

Options
  • 22-03-2016 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭

I'm posting this through Firefox which seems to be stable.

The preferred brower is Chrome... but is out of action due to an adware catastrophe encountered today.

I've tried 'Spybot S&D' & 'Spy Hunter 4'..... to no avail.

After hours of scanning and fixing it with numerous threats detected, but alas no..... it's still a mess.

I think there might be something wrong with my DNS?
    I'm seeing numerous references to 'DNSunlocker'
    And this appearing at the bottom of every Chrome window, which then just falls apart.

Any advise would be very welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Have u tried uninstalling chrome then run all the scans then run ccleaner, then reinstall it and see has it fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 daviddwight

Find the unusual program that is installed on your computer such as it just been installed days ago before you experienced the adware problem. Remove also the unusual extensions that are installed on chrome if there are any. Or you can just simply delete your profile on chrome but may erase everything you saved especially bookmarks and passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

stopped using Chrome for exactly this reason

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭chainsmoker556

Chrome is the most reliable browser than Edge(IE) and Firefox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Delete amy weird extensions and install Ghostery.

Advertisement