Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

Nice move for Juventus and the player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not fully sold on Pjanic. Good player who scores some belter of a free kick every so often which leads to him being discussed as a great player. He will definitely improve Juve but not somebody I'd really want to be breaking the bank on either.

• dor83 wrote: »
    Reports that Juve will sign Pjanic for €38m with Roma only getting €30.4m, that's a great price for him in my opinion.

Be careful now. New rules about having an opinion about a player who's signing for another team don't you know. There's some ground work you may have to complete in order to share this with an anonymous forum

But I agree with yours, great price for Juve if true

Some great YouTube reels of Pjanic while Justin Bieber plays in the background if you do a quick search

Juves squad at the moment looking very strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Be careful now. New rules about having an opinion about a player who's signing for another team don't you know. There's some ground work you may have to complete in order to share this with an anonymous forum

But I agree with yours, great price for Juve if true

Some great YouTube reels of Pjanic while Justin Bieber plays in the background if you do a quick search

Juves squad at the moment looking very strong

What are you on about? dor83 is a consistent poster in the Serie A thread.

Take the L Mick you're just trying to stir sh*t without any merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Pogba to Real Madrid according to Di Marzio. Can't imagine Kroos will be too happy!

• Advertisement

glued wrote: »
    Pogba to Real Madrid according to Di Marzio. Can't imagine Kroos will be too happy!

The Galactico policy is back!!! Nah, makes sense with them facing the ban after the summer. Expect more to come from them.

Isco and or Rodriguez surely have to be on their way out, assuming Kroos will be kept.

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Isco and or Rodriguez surely have to be on their way out, assuming Kroos will be kept.

Imagine having the luxury to be able to get rid of those 3.

CSF wrote: »
    Imagine having the luxury to be able to get rid of those 3.

It's crazy. Isco surely has to go. He's gone from one of the best and versatile attacking mids in Europe to being on the bench and dropped from the Spanish team. He's worth so much more and capable of more. I'd be shocked if Pep didn't make a move for him considering Silva is aging and is becoming more injury prone and you don't know what to expect from Nasri. He'd be a perfect fit at City.

• Andre 3000 wrote: »
    What are you on about? dor83 is a consistent poster in the Serie A thread.

Take the L Mick you're just trying to stir sh*t without any merit.
    You are selective in what posts you respond to me on. So here's my last reply to you.

I agree with dor83. It's a good signing by Juve if true. But so what if he's a consistent poster in the Seire A, big deal. It's not some written rule to form an opinion on a player.

The last time I posted about a transfer in this thread it's was all merit thereafter tho. It's like selective reading.
    But now its accusations of **** stirring and not light hearted. You can't have it both ways.

I won't be engaging with you from now on. Just easier that way.

• Advertisement

It's crazy. Isco surely has to go. He's gone from one of the best and versatile attacking mids in Europe to being on the bench and dropped from the Spanish team. He's worth so much more and capable of more. I'd be shocked if Pep didn't make a move for him considering Silva is aging and is becoming more injury prone and you don't know what to expect from Nasri. He'd be a perfect fit at City.

It would be a fit. James Rodriguez to PSG is the one I'd most expect to happen though.

You are selective in what posts you respond to me on. So here's my last reply to you.

I agree with dor83. It's a good signing by Juve if true. But so what if he's a consistent poster in the Seire A, big deal. It's not some written rule to form an opinion on a player.

The last time I posted about a transfer in this thread it's was all merit thereafter tho. It's like selective reading.
    But now its accusations of **** stirring and not light hearted. You can't have it both ways.

Jesus, if I'd known you were going to go back to it that many times throughout the thread I probably wouldn't have posted it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Jesus, if I'd known you were going to go back to it that many times throughout the thread I probably wouldn't have posted it!!!

Hi CSF,

It's usually not good practice to make silly, antagonistic posts if you don't expect to get called out on them being silly and antagonistic.

Well for one his judgement has merit as he's seen the chap play.

In general you don't talk like you know about something when you clearly don't. Numerous people have proven this in reference to you and Bailly. But if you decide to pretend you know something expect to be called out on it, like you were. The same way anyone else would. Fair is fair.

It was complete sh*t stirring and you know it. Everything from the paraphrasing to the mentioning of the corny music over a YouTube compilation.

But whatever makes you sleep at night, go for it...

Hi CSF,

It's usually not good practice to make silly, antagonistic posts if you don't expect to get called out on them being silly and antagonistic.

Hi Sanity_Saviour, pot, meet kettle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hi CSF,

It's usually not good practice to make silly, antagonistic posts if you don't expect to get called out on them being silly and antagonistic....with one of the cliques on here

Fixed your post for you. Sums up what has gone on in here.

• Alot of rumours stirring about Pogba to Utd for 70+ million.

Which means Madrid will sign him...

If Juve sign Pjanic then it would make more sense in the fear of Pogba leaving I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

James doesn't look to be in Zizou's plans anyway so I'd expect him to go.

Kroos won't be going anywhere. I think Isco will stay aswell. The bench is not up to Real Madrid standards so expect some spending this summer. When injuries hit any of the first team they can look very mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Texas Jack wrote: »
    30 million for a guy that cost 3 million 10 months ago

Oh dear

Have they learnt nothing

Learnt what? Have you watched him enough to come to conclusion that he is not worth 25 Million?

There are plenty of players who were signed for less but their price increased in 1 or 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hi Sanity_Saviour, pot, meet kettle.

Mod: not just the quoted post

Folks this is a really interesting (And fun!) thread with transfer gossip and club theories. Please try to refrain from the dry exchange remarks. It's not necessary and it just serves to turn people off contributing to the thread. Keep the posts warm, constructive and civil.

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Hummels and Gundogen were into the last year of their contracts and indicated that they wouldn't be renewing. Dortmund got €38m and €25m respectively for them. That's a long way from bending over as soon as they get an offer.
    Mikitaryan is also in the last year of his contract and is in contract negotiations. His agent is Minola so they're always going to be long and drawn out.
    Aubamyang has 4 years left on his contract and will be going nowhere.

Finally!!!

From the moment this was posted i had this "I know that is nt right but what should it be" going through my head

Mino Raiola.... the pizza baker.

Right. Now i can finally sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Ashley Fletcher to Leeds

Get In

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

inforfun wrote: »
    Finally!!!

From the moment this was posted i had this "I know that is nt right but what should it be" going through my head

Mino Raiola.... the pizza baker.

Right. Now i can finally sleep.

Whoops! Well I almost had it right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

glued wrote: »

Midfield of Pogba, Kroos and Modric would be pretty awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

eagle eye wrote: »

Given Casemiros heroics over the last few months hes a shoe in for Real. I'd suspect Modric, or more likely Kroos, would be dropped if Pogba did find himself at Real.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Given Casemiros heroics over the last few months hes a shoe in for Real. I'd suspect Modric, or more likely Kroos, would be dropped if Pogba did find himself at Real.

I don't think so. Real Madrid like to have all their stars on the pitch and I can see Casemiros being benched. They stuck with James Rodridguez this year when it wasn't working for a quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That sounds awful to be honest, has Perez not learned anything? There's the famous Makelele one of course, but recently Casemiro was a big part of the CL win.

Horses for courses and all that, if you're away from home or against a good team, Casemiro would be invaluable, but if you're at home or against a team that you're looking to break down, a midfield of Kroos, Modric and Pogba sounds unreal.

That sounds awful to be honest, has Perez not learned anything? There's the famous Makelele one of course, but recently Casemiro was a big part of the CL win.

For Perez it's all about marketing and making more money so they can continue to buy as many elite players as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Horses for courses and all that, if you're away from home or against a good team, Casemiro would be invaluable, but if you're at home or against a team that you're looking to break down, a midfield of Kroos, Modric and Pogba sounds unreal.
    True, it would be fine against minnows. Would wonder if you could keep the three of them happy though, but it's easier to do that at Madrid than most other places.

I don't think so. Real Madrid like to have all their stars on the pitch and I can see Casemiros being benched. They stuck with James Rodridguez this year when it wasn't working for a quite a while.

Zidane needed balance and found it by dropping Isco and James.

I dont see Pogba going to Real Madrid, or anyone this year but if he does, I can see Zidane dropping Modric or Kroos and keeping Casemiro as the holding player. POgbas pretty comfortable doing both sides of the game in CM and I think I'd prefer Modric over Kroos although in that scenario its like picking between whether you want to take the Ferrari or Lamborghini for a spin, its not a bad headache.

If I was Pogba I'd probably stay put this summer too. If City or Real aren't going for him this summer, then I think United or Chelsea are the main suitors. Both teams are usually very attractive clubs to join but both are without Champions League football this year, and in a period of transition having brought in a new manager.

Why not stay at Juventus for one more season, play Champions League football with a team who are actively trying to improve their squad, probably win a few more trophies, and keep your options open so that next summer you may have the option of a United or Chelsea with Champions League, or alternatively Barca, Real, City, Bayern or PSG may decide the time is right. He's obviously good enough for any of those clubs so it's just a matter of timing.

With time on his side and him already being in a very good place at Juventus, I don't see the need for him to rush the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Zidane specifically brought back Casemiro to shore up the midfield and left James, rightly, out in the cold. It's easy to say that 'Real' want to do it but Zidane's reign doesn't show that at all, he was more than happy to bench Isco and James for long periods of time.

I think if anyone loses out it's Kroos, his form was up and down last year and Modric is more flexible in that regard.

Probably looking at a new world record transfer to get Pogba too, either ths year or next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If I was Pogba I'd probably stay put this summer too. If City or Real aren't going for him this summer, then I think United or Chelsea are the main suitors. Both teams are usually very attractive clubs to join but both are without Champions League football this year, and in a period of transition having brought in a new manager.

Why not stay at Juventus for one more season, play Champions League football with a team who are actively trying to improve their squad, probably win a few more trophies, and keep your options open so that next summer you may have the option of a United or Chelsea with Champions League, or alternatively Barca, Real, City, Bayern or PSG may decide the time is right. He's obviously good enough for any of those clubs so it's just a matter of timing.

With time on his side and him already being in a very good place at Juventus, I don't see the need for him to rush the move.

dont real have a transfer ban after this window?

• Advertisement

dont real have a transfer ban after this window?

Yes, yes they do. Scratch that one off so!!!

It'll be interesting to see Pogba at Real Madrid. If anything he slightly regressed last season and didn't really bring his game on like you would expect l so I don't really see the argument for him staying at Juve. He'll probably have an awesome Euros and RM will end up paying €100M+ for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,392 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He wants to go to Spain apparently. Guess if neither of the big two there are in for him he's probably better off staying put until next Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

He wants to go to Spain apparently. Guess if neither of the big two there are in for him he's probably better off staying put until next Summer.

if neither of them are Real wont be able to next summer, prob whats fuelling him to the real roumers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lcfc have had a 20 million pound bid for watfords troy deeney rejected. The league is gone crazy with this influx of cash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ricero wrote: »
    Lcfc have had a 20 million pound bid for watfords troy deeney rejected. The league is gone crazy with this influx of cash

If Liverpool were cute they should offer them Benheske. They wouldn't get back what they paid but even 60% of it would be a decent return considering the poor season he has had and the fact Klopp doesn't seem to have a home for him.

Would be a decent buy for Leicester too.

If Liverpool were cute they should offer them Benheske. They wouldn't get back what they paid but even 60% of it would be a decent return considering the poor season he has had and the fact Klopp doesn't seem to have a home for him.

Would be a decent buy for Leicester too.

I think he meant Leicester City, LCFC.

I think he meant Leicester City, LCFC.

I know.

:confused:

I said Liverpool should offer their player to Leicester?

"Benheske". Jesus that's just embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Funny though. :D

Korat wrote: »
    Funny though. :D

It's pretty racist tbh. The two players aren't comparable.

Don't be so sensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ricero wrote: »

Laughable from both parties.

Embarrassing eh?

Well coming from the class of person that's been trying to humiliate another poster over their comments about a transfer you really cannot comment on what's embarrassing my friend, your conduct has been little better than that of a school yard bully.

Ah get off the cross will you.

Both are strikers, both joined Liverpool, both had large transfer fees attached, both have had limited success and they are very similar physically.

If I compared Aiden Mcgeady to Ed Sheeran, is that racist?

It is in its hole.

• Advertisement
Advertisement